Clean & Clear Clear Advantage Daily Acne Clearing Lotion Reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Clean & Clear Clear Advantage Daily Acne Clearing Lotion

Not a cure, but won't make things worse

Let me preface this review by saying that I have super sensitive skin. That being said, almost ALL moisturizers make my break out. This is one of the only products that does not do so. I will in no way clear your acne, but it's not going to make it worse (or at least it didn't for me.)

Guest Hater of Clean and Clear Contr
Guest Hater of Clean and Clear Contr

Nothing Ruins Skin Not Sensitive Horrible I bought this, first it gave me little bumps everywhere. When i went to my dermatologist, she told me i got this contition from this sh*ty stuff. To get ride of them, they had to but beetle pee on it which would turn into blisters. So for about a week i had big, gushy blisters on my face and neck. Sh*ty product, DO NOT BUY!!! u will be sorry!

Guest Kid From San Clemente
Guest Kid From San Clemente

Smells Nice, feel refreshed after using it, feels tingly and "icy-hot" like it is actually doing something. Can burn after use, especially if you have an open sore, or you just tried popping a pimple. Let me tell you the honest truth of what I am experiencing with this kit. I'm on my 4th day of using it. I had some redness around the sides of my chin and red bumps dotted over my face in all other areas. I bought the kit at a local Right Aid late at night. Right when I got home I used the face wash and then the spot treatment. When I woke up the next morning, my face actually seemed a lot better. The major red bumps were barely noticeable. And the redness around my chin went down a little, even my whole face felt smoother. I was like "ALL RIGHT!... this is going to work...but now i'm on my 4th day and not so sure anymore... the major red bumps are still better, but now where just redness was on my chin, there are tiny little bumps and whiteheads all over...like full blown WHITEHEADS! When I rub my face around this area it feels horrible, like there is an endless sea of bumps. It actually hurts. Now maybe this is a purging process like some other reviewers are saying (and I sure hope so) but I don't know. It seems like the majority of people that say it worked for them don't experience it getting worse first. And thats after reading probably 50 reviews. All I can say now is I will check back with whoever is reading this at my 7th day of progress. Today is 3-16-10.....I will make another post on 3-19-10 and tell you if its worse or better, but I am willing to try this for at least 2 weeks. I mean if its really bad after 2 weeks i'm going to have to switch back to Bye Bye Blemish, which is what I was actually going to Right Aid for in the first place but they were out, so I chose this instead, thinking "what the heck"... Let you know in 3 days, Kid from San Clemente =) ps. Im marking yes on recommend because I don't know if it will end up working, but just know that if my face stays like this, I will definitely switch to a "no". Giving it a 3 rating for the same reason.

Guest Lothriel
Guest Lothriel

The wash gets my skin nice and clean, like the tingly feeling of the moisturiser. Good value for money and the packaging is nice. My skin has become worse since using. New spots popping up all over the place. The old spots aren't fading. the spot gel doesn't seem to do anything at all. I had to oder this off the internet since it was in none of my local stores. I perhaps get one or two spots a week and they appear then fade fairly quickly. I have a wedding coming up in a few weeks time now and had wanted to have nice, clear skin for it. Started using this product ten days ago and since literally, the very first use, my skin has been breaking out with at least two or three new spots a day! A DAY! Needless to say this isn't really the solution I'd been hoping for. Also the old marks from previous spots seem to be taking far longer to fade, which right now just makes my skin look a bigger mess than it has for years! I know that perhaps my skin is just "purging" and I've read that it may take a few weeks to see the benefit. So...I'm going to give this another and I'm afraid that if I don't see a improvement, clean and clear will be added to one of a long list of treatments that I had high hopes for, but who failed me miserably. I will post a update soon!

Guest IwantCLEARskin!
Guest IwantCLEARskin!

MY TZONES WHERE FINALLY CLEAR! NO MORE CYSTIC ACNE! BUT MADE MY FOREHEAD BREAKOUT LIKE CRAZY! ITS WIERD MY TZONES WENT CLEAR THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN MY FOREHEAD STARTED BREAKING OUT! I STOPPED USING IT AFTER THAT!

Guest nicole levi.
Guest nicole levi.

makes skin really soft after use, it does make your face feel cold and tingly after, but its not a bad thing. does make skin a little red after. none yet, i just bought it today, but i will write another one in a few weeks. its a great product so far..

Guest Miguel
Guest Miguel

Amazing product. I was rather doubtful about the product due to the low price but it worked right after the first use. Great sensation and excellent results It might sting if u have a cut but other than that none I have pimples not acne and i lt removes them quick. Product is great and inexpensive. Will get rid of pimples after the first use. No joke

Guest ElizabethJ
Guest ElizabethJ

after you wash your face with this it feels tingly and cold. it doesnt really dry out your skin and if it does you can just use the moisturizer that comes with the kit. i recommend using a toner in between cleansing and moisturizing just to remove any leftover oil or dirt and to make the skin evenly toned. i tried a lot of things. i never wanted to get a prescription or anything and i really think that you should give it a try if you havnt yet. sometimes your skin might get worse when you start out but thats normal.also, i use twice a day once in the morning in the shower(which is working wonderfully) and once before bed. if your going to try it i recommend buying the whole kit.dont give up on it if it doesnt seem to be working at first. keep using it and i bet youll see results!

Guest Monica g
Guest Monica g

very affordable and doesn't dry out skin. spot treatment stings just a tad. i don't have acne. just a pimple every once in a while but i wanted something to use just to maintain beautiful skin so i tried this and it's worked very well. I have extremely dry skin and this doesn't dry it up at all and after using the lotion my face feels very moisturized and soft.

Guest CC
Guest CC

Clears skin fast!! Makes the pimple disapper! Can dry out your skin and leave some redness L like it but I'm not sure its for EVERYONE. i have senitive skin and I only use the third step (i have not bought the first 2 steps yet) But I love the on spot pimple treatment.

Guest John Doe
Guest John Doe

Doesn't dry skin out; makes it feel soft, has great smell and good feeling when using the first step. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and overall I've become cleaner but I have developed some zits in the process It's cheap and it works fast( unlike proactiv)

Guest Renea
Guest Renea

I could no longer afford Proactive and had been looking everywhere for something to use on my face that would actually work. I tried clean and clear 6 weeks ago and it's GREAT. My skins is clearing up and staying clear!!! none

Guest Melissa Dougan
Guest Melissa Dougan

the clean and clear advantage kit cleared up my acne in about 5 days and i have had acne for 14 years no joke this stuff is a gift from god none here i have used everything from the dermatologist to over the counter nothing had ever worked even a little bit but clean and clear advantage made my skin clearer than i ever though possible like butter im so happy and finally have the confidence i always should have had

Guest CARLA
Guest CARLA

It has a very pleasant smell and nice tingling sensation. I like the consistency of the cleanser- it almost feels like lotion. It doesn't feel like it's stripping all of the moisture out of my skin, like some of the foaming cleansers. None worth talking about It's worth the 19.99 I paid for it.... My skin does not feel like chicken grease, for the first time in about three years.

Guest Lily
Guest Lily

Smells great, freshens skin I bought it tinking it wouldn't work, but it actually did! and it doesn't smell like other skin products, it actually smells greatAfter you put it your face feels fresh...a little ticklish, cold felling and then pimples gone in less than 10 hours! Does amazing things on skin!

Guest Camila
Guest Camila

Smells awsome lol feels clean and fresh, good result Driying and stings when put on.. I bought this two days ago and when i first used it it was Great!! Butt aftter a day or two, I noticed loadss more pimples and redness on my forehead. Acording to some of my friends that is supposed to happen on the first week. Its called the cleansing period it brings all the dirt beneth to your skin so yeaa.. Anything else pretty good. So far so good.

Guest grace marie
Guest grace marie

I use this along with the other products in the Clean and Clear Acne Advantage Kit. I've been on Tazorac, Plexicon, the Pill, BenzaClin, and RetinA over the last 10 years and finally decided to try something over the counter. It works well! The price is great, I don't have to get a prescription and i'm just overall very pleased with the kit. It has truly cleared up my skin when used properly. I wash once in the morning and once at night following the directions on the kit package. It has made my skin less oily and if i can feel something coming up during the day, i put on the spot treatment at night and by the next morning it is gone. fabulous!

Popular All-over treatments