Clarisonic Cleansing Brush Reviews

Brand: Clarisonic

Clarisonic Cleansing Brush

Nothing special for exfoliation, way too irritating

To be honest, I feel like I get the same level of exfoliation from this as I do from rubbing my face with a body sponge, except the Clarisonic leaves a lot more irritation. And yes, I'm using a light touch, and yes, I've tried the sensitive brush head. It's made my skin oilier, more acneic, and not done very much to remove my texture. I'm afraid I'll probably be returning this, as it seems to be making my skin worse, not better. Some people claim there's a "purge," but after over a month of consistent and conservative use, if this is still a purge then I suspect what my skin is trying to purge is this brush, not any impurities.

Comments

Worst thing you could ever do for your skin

I bought into the hype and wanted to take my skin to the next level. I've had perfect glowing skin all my life. Followed all the recommendations, instructions, and used the proper cleansers. Started breaking out but was consistently reassured online and by professionals that this was just a purging period and that my skin would be the best it's ever been after. WRONG. I am now suffering with the most severe acne I have ever seen. This product is harsh and not safe for people to be using uninformed.

Comments

a sensitive skin user and im in love!

i have extremely sensitive skin and i love my mia 2. i use the cashmere brush head, the most delicate setting, and only 2x - 3x a week. i am very careful to glide my brush across and not push. its the best!! i had a really bad experience with the foreo that left my skin for the worse :( so i was shocked when something that is usually said to be harsher works for me! i would def give this a try but keep in mind the tips i mentioned. has made my skin soft, even, acne free. so happy and confident with my skin.

Comments

For an occasional extra clean

I like my Clarisonic Plus for occasional cleansing at night before I use a topical overnight acne treatment. What I like about it is the mild exfoliating action inherent in using the device. I'm wary of using most physical exfoliants/scrubs if I have any active pimples (which is often), but the Clarisonic brush head doesn't irritate any existing acne nor cause any new pimples. On the other hand, I'm not sure that using the brush has made much of a dent in my breakouts, but it's hard to tell what product is doing what when I use more then one at the same time.

Comments

Worst thing I've done for my skin

At the beginning I loved how it cleaned off any remaining make up. However it quickly brought everything to head (which I thought was a good thing) until I started getting huge cystic pimples (never had before) in areas not prone to break out. Within a week I had the worst skin I've ever had in my life. Once I worked out it was the clarisonic causing it and not the new cleansers I was using I stopped immediately. My skin was still sore and breaking out two weeks later I will say soberlene helped with the huge irratated areas. I was told to only use the brush every other day and with a sensitive brush head but I didn't see the point of pointing in so much effort for a tool that caused me so much harm. I'm happy for those that it works for. But people should know it's not for everyone.

Comments

Great for thicker, oily skin

I bought the brush after hearing so many good things about it. I have acne-prone skin with breakouts and clogged pores and my skin is more of a combination type that can get too dry and flaky if I use harsh products. I had huge hopes for the brush! I started using it two times a week at first, then every other day just following the general guidelines. My skin felt really - really - clean after using the brush! But after using it would get really irritated and my sebum glands started producing really much oil. I thought, all right, I probably need the sensitive brush head. I bought that and tried again. Unfortunately it didn't help at all. Then I tried the cashmere brush head and it still gave my skin irritation and aggravated my acne even more! You would say, that I needed to clean the brushes better - no one has been more religious about cleansing the brush heads than I was! So, finally, I gave up. Clarisonic learned me that my skin is of a sensitive type and I need to treat it so gently as possible. Now I only use hands when cleansing my skin. I guess this brush would be a great exfoliating machine for those who don't have sensitive skin. Otherwise - not worth it!

Terrible Customer Service

Purchased the Plus just over 2 years ago. Right around the 2 year mark, the timer stopped working as did the outerbrush stop spinning. Didn't get around to contacting customer service for a couple of months though. However, when I did, they advised they would look into it and let me know if they would honour the warranty as "they are a company that backs there product". I was told that they would get back to me after they contacted management. 3 representatives later and still no answer. Request for a phone call from management, and still waiting on that as well (now about a month and a half)!! A lot of money for a product that stops working after 2 years and no company backing!!!

Waste Of Money

I have owned a Clarisonic for over a year, and my verdict is that it was a waste of money. It has made a minimal improvement to my skin, and the ongoing maintenance (cleaning & replacing brushes) is extremely tedious. I recently bought a Foreo Luna for Men and saw instant results, plus there is zero ongoing maintenance required. Don't bother with the Clarisonic when there are better alternatives available.

Comments

I'm in love with this product

For a while I've been meaning to write a review for the Clarisonic. About two years ago my sister got the Mia 2 for her birthday, she has horrible issues with acne. It seemed to be working for her and I really wanted to try it out. So she let me borrow it; I bought my own Clarisonic brush, the "delicate skin one" becuase my skin is very thin and pale and I was worried it might leave reddness on my face. I loved it! I was using it more than she was. I will say, I wasn't really using the second speed on the brush, I didn't really see a reason for it, and it was too vicous for my skin. Eventually, my mom got on board with the whole idea, and was able to find a Claisonic on sale. She got one for me and one for her, the Mia 1 just the one speed model. I'm loving it, and I've found the gentler speed on the original allows me to use different brush heads, the Mia 2 was just too powerful for me I guess. This may not be what one might call a "miracle product" becuase you won't see changes overnight, but over a two week period, I've noticed less blackheads and keratin deposits on my nose. My skin has also become a lot softer and even. Yes, this product is pretty pricey but if your a money saving guru like my mom you might be able to find it for a reasonable price. She got ours on black friday for $50 dollars a piece at an outlet mall. Which is an insanely good deal! I think when she got my sister's it was only $85. If you're on a budget look out for those price drops, cause you can get lucky. All in all, I highly suggest this product, it's worked well for me and my family, it may be pricey but, it's worth it.

Comments

Not a miracle, but makes your sling bright and smooth

I really like my Mia 2 clarisonic. I haven't really noticed a difference with my cystic acne but it totally gets rid of my blackheads and leaves my skin flake free! I think it's worth it!

I have the same problem. My tip you can try is to put honey over your cystic acne. It works very well for me, I hope it works for you. oh and drink lots of water :)
Tiffalip
I just wanted to say i had major issues w cystic acne the last two years (its leveling out now) but after tons of reading and evaluating my life, stress got the best if me. It recked havic on my face, my skin is now very different, even looser like it stripped collogen. I also lost a ton of hair, and was overwhelmed and upset too easily. Not sure if this resonates w u...Anyhow, what has helped me more than anything has been reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth, to get my mind straight, meditating to find my center, drinking lots of herbal tea, and finding out abt and heavily researching Candida. If u notice any white on your tongue, then probably the stress nocked your hormones off, because of too much cortisol in your system, and now you have to work towards purging the toxins. It will get better...but u have to actively remove stress from your life to begin w. Whatever u do...be VERY careful abt messing w cystic acne...it will leave a mark. I wish u the best!

Alright

I have been using this product for about one and a half years now and i have seen no improvement for my acne. However, it helps clear the skin although i recommend using a cleanser with this product so that you do not dry out your face. If you dry out your face your brain thinks it needs to produce more oil so use a moisturizer about once every day even if you have really oily skin. I use Cerave AM but that is kind of expensive but i'm sure other moisturizers would work with this product. Hope this helps:)

Horrible

The clarisonic made my acne 10x worse and actually tore my skin. I only used it once a day and I even used the softest brush head they offer. I stopped use and bought the Clinique sonic brush and my skin has never looked better and I have NO breakout. It is gentle enough to use twice a day from the start. I would recommend the Clinique sonic brush over the clarisonic any day especially if you struggle with breakouts like myself. Bye bye acne!!!

Comments

Excellent investment for your skin!

I purchased my Clarisonic Plus back in June 2010. Almost 5 years later, it's still going strong, and I can't imagine not having it in my skin care regimen! I purchased the Plus because it also comes with a body brush (which I hardly use, but I figured it's good to have in case I'd want to use it sometimes). There are different brush heads for the face. I've found that Normal is too harsh, but Sensitive is good. I've also used Deep Pore and Acne, and they both work fine. Granted, for the past few years, I've stopped buying the Clarisonic brand heads and purchased generic ones from eBay for a rather low price, but they have done the job for me. I have used the Clarisonic with various cleansers. It's best to use it with something that is not too strong. Currently, I have been using it with Simple gel cleanser. It takes 60 seconds total to use all over the face: 20 seconds each on the forehead and nose/chin area, and 10 seconds on each cheek. There are three settings: low, medium, and high. I prefer the medium setting for everyday use, since I wear face makeup daily. Sometimes I'll skip using the Clarisonic for a day or two if I haven't worn any makeup, but in that time, I find that my skin feels much less smooth, and I see a lot more sebaceous filaments on my nose. I would definitely recommending NOT storing this in the shower. I used to, and one day I changed the brush head and found that there was an abundance of black mold underneath! It was quite a process cleaning it out. I tried using different tools (cotton swab, old mascara spoolie) and cleaners (rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide) to get rid of the mold, but I finally got it clean inside. Now I always store my Clarisonic outside of my shower, wipe both the brush head and the cap clean after each use, and remove the brush head while the device is not in use. I'm really not sure if the Clarisonic has really helped with my acne as far as existing pimples, but the gentle daily exfoliation I'm sure is a great factor in preventing it. Also, if you get the Plus, like I said, it comes with a body brush in addition to the face brush. In fact, I just checked the website right now and apparently they now sell two attachments for the feet as well, making the Clarisonic Plus an even better deal!

Comments

Miracle tool! Acne Struggler for 16 years.

I've had acne since I was 10 years old and now I am 26. It made me very self conscious and embarrassed all throughout school. I've tried everything from topical creams prescribed by dermatologists, proactive (for a few years), proactive knock-offs and Murad but nothing kept the acne away. It was a constant and exhausting battle. I have oily skin and ,by genetics, large pores. So the combo of the two was just a recipe for disaster. The type of acne I had were mainly white heads and sometimes cystic acne. Last Christmas I was walking in the makeup section of the department store and saw the Clarisonic Mia on display, I decided to buy it and try it out. I was on my 2nd month of birth control (ortho tricyclen lo) at the time and my acne was very bad. Like, I counted 15 pimples occupying my chin and jawline all at once. Yes, I know the BC can purge your skin and make it terribly worse before it gets better, but I do believe the combination of BC and the Clarisonic has improved my skin dramatically. I did not, however, go through a purge stage with my clarisonic. I used it once a day before bed and my breakouts did not worsen when I used it. After the 1st week I noticed a big difference. A lot of my cystic acne had diminished. By the end of the 2nd month my skin was completely clear. Aside from the one or two I get during my time of the month I never broke out like I used to. For the first time in 16 years I had clear skin. It was well worth the money and I can see myself using it for the rest of my life. Note: I always remove makeup first with a wipe and then use a cleanser with my clarisonic and then follow up with toner and lotion with benzoyl peroxide. I am currently using the Clinique Acne Solution set.

GREAT investment

I literally swear by my clairsonic Mia 2, it's a great investment. I honestly hated it at first because I noticed more break outs on my face and my skin looked down right angry.. I already had the clairsonic in its original packaging with my receipt in hand but after talking to my friend she said the same thing happened to her but after about a month her face started to clear (it really did). I think it breaks some people out at first because it's bringing all the gunk up to the surface. After using my clairsonic x2 daily for two months my skin is noticeably clear and I have clairsonic to thank for that! * note * I'm currently using Neutrogena face wipes to take off my makeup, then I'm using my damitri James Skinn A.M cleanser with my clairsonic x2 daily. I also use the damitri James exfoliater 2x a week and his watermelon hydrating mask 1x a week and his moisturizer daily.

How bad was your skin to begin with?

Excellent brush!! Great results!

I have been debating about getting a Clarisonic for over two years. After 6 years on Spiro, I finally decided I was ready to go off it and see what happened. My face was completely clear and my back was semi-clear. I use the acne brush with my Mia 3 Clarisonic twice a day on the medium setting for one minute. I have learned over the years that my skin is VERY tough and needs lots of exfoliation. For the last three months, my skin has remained clear. I use Dermalogica Medibac Cleansing gel with the Clarisonic and then a mandelic acid toner afterwards. The other amazing product I have found is a 10% mandelic acid serum from make-up artists choice that has kept my skin completely clear. I use it every day instead of benzoyl peroxide now. It is a miracle. I was signed up and registered to begin Accutane prior to giving this regimen a try. I have had moderate acne for 25 years and I'm finally clear! If you can afford it, give this brush a try. Also give the Mandelic Acid a try. It is truly amazing!!!

Where can I get the Mandelic Acid ?
Jodiz u can get it From the make-up artists choice site..

I need advice/help!

well ive always wanted the Clarisonic and i finally got it for christmas. A little back story is i used to acne but it went away. I switched to the dermalogica breakout clearing cleanser in semptember and my acne still stayed away. Some pimples here in there but nothing major. So when i got the Clarisonic for about a week it was the same but im now recently seeing a lot more acne back on my chin. I have no idea if its just me or is the Clarisonic is irritating my skin? Any advice or help?

Hi! I bought the Clarisonic back in September 2014, and since I have been using it, I have gotten deep painful cyst acne. I had the occasional one or two pimples before, but NEVER these huge monsters on my face! After thinking about it, I think the brush is actually damaging my skin by spreading the liquid that is released after a pimple bursts to other parts of my face, this in turn causes more pimples and irritation. I understand that everyone has different skin, but I would recommend to not use this product and maybe try something else. I have been mixing turmeric with basin (gram flour) and it acts as a wonderful exfoliate!! I wish you the best!

Not worth the money

I've had a clarisonic Mia for 2 years. I liked it and it worked fine for the first year, mind you I didnt use it everyday. I put it in the linen closet for about 8 months b/c we had been doing renovations on the bathrooms and I didn't want it to get dirty or messed up. When I got it back out to use it. I charged it and It was was making weird noises. I went to use it and it wouldn't stay on and it never ended up working. So, called clarisonic only to not have it be under warranty. And I pretty much have to bye a new one. They can do nothing. So for the money you spend and it doesn't even last that long. I will NEVER buy one or recommend one again. I'll go buy a $20 one off amazon:)). Then if it only last a year... No big deal.

Comments

YES, BUY THIS! IF YOU HAVE CLOGGED PORES, BUMPY SKIN, UNEVEN SKIN TONE, AND NEED YOUR PRODUCTS TO ABSORB BETTER, BUY THIS! AND IF YOU HAVE ACNE READ MY POST TOO!

This machine is a GOD SEND! I did have pretty bad acne for about 3 years and have just recently started clearing it up (not just with this product, I had a parasite and yeast infection, PEOPLE IF YOU SUFFER FROM ACNE GO AND GET A LIVE BLOOD ANALYSIS DONE BY A NATUROPATH, BEST DECISION I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE, I tried sooo many different conventional and holistic procedures and treatment programs (just name it, I've probably tried it) and got to the point that I would cry every night because I was getting so embarrassed about my acne and it was preventing me from going out and enjoying my life. To be honest I was a bit skeptical at first with the whole live blood analysis/live blood screening but for once in 3 years I have seen such a solid improvement. And no more acne is appearing after the treatment for the parasites and yeast. Only wish I went sooner or someone had told me about it, sorry if I'm going off topic but I'm just so happy to finally be having clear skin I couldn't resist!) Anyway! This product is just amazing because it washes and exfoliates your skin so well that your serums and creams absorb so much better! My skin now looks plump and fresh and my skin tone is so even. I have never had beautiful smooth skin (except when I was like 12) but this combined with my vitamin C serum is making my acne scars heal so fast and and getting rid of all those clogged up pores. My pores are looking better everyday and it's only been 1 week! And just so you know I have never written a product review before but I feel like the company deserves to get a review since their product is just doing wonders for me I can't thank them enough. I got the MIA 2 deep pore brush kit that came with the deep pore cleanser. The cleanser is good but I think any good quality cleanser will do (just make sure its paraben and sulphate free! there's is which is a bonus). But if like me, you have uneven skintone, bumpy clogged pore skin, and have trouble removing all traces of makeup (which contributes to clogged pores and acne) then you NEED to buy this! And if you have bad cystic acne (i had all types of acne, little bumps big bumps cystic pussy everything!) or any type of acne, GO SEE A NATUROPATH! but don't just go to one that doesn't do any official tests, go and see one that does live blood screening! They literally show you on a screen what kind of parasites or overgrowing yeasts that maybe be swimming around in your blood and they can detect a host of other range of contributors that maybe causing your acne. I spent a bit of money to do the test but I wasted so much more on other countless products and pills and vitamins that claimed to rid me of acne and they did nothing. I would be willing to pay double what I paid to my naturopath if I knew I was going to get results this good this quickly! anyway enough rambling I'm going to go eat a tim tam haha! (and yes I can even eat sugar now without affecting my acne, I never could before but I am sooo happy cause dam I love my tim tams!) ta ta!

Severe acne

I have had pretty bad acne for 6 plus years and I am know in my 20's and still suffer from acne. For the past year it has been clearing up but recently I have had more hormonal acne that has flared up. I decided to get the clarisonic to see what it would do since I have literally tired everything over the sun ( antibiotics, birth control, topical treatments, proactive..etc!!). I have been using the clarisonic for 3 1/2 weeks now and I have broken out so bad! It is all over my forehead and cheeks. I heard about the purging period and I am hoping that it will end soon. The only mistake I have made is using it twice a day. I think using it twice a day has aggravated my skin more than it needs so I would suggest to anyone using it once a day or even less. I am giving it one more month in hopes of clear skin. I will update soon.

Hi grace20116, have you been pressing hard on your face with the clarisonic? I found when I even put JUST a bit too much pressure, it aggravated my skin and made it itchy and irritated, BUT now i do it so softly and its doing wonders for my skin. If you still have acne I would definitely suggest taking vitex or saw palmetto for hormonal acne. Google them and you will see how amazing those herbs are. I also never get period cramps, flare ups, or back pain anymore. I used to get it so bad I would need to be constantly taking panadol just to bare the pain. But now I feel nothing! But yeah I did that and it helped ALOT but wasn't the only cause for my acne. Definitely get a live blood analysis test done it can show exactly whats going on inside your body!

Absolutely Love

I bought my clarisonic over a year ago at my dermatologist's office and have since been loving it. I use it every night after taking off my makeup with my cetaphil clothes. I use the clarisonic with my st. ives cleanser and my acne has disappeared significantly. The products is great for cleaning out your pores after having makeup on all day. If you suffer from clogged pores like I do then I definitely recommend this product. My only advice is to be gentle and use the clarisonic once a day or less if possible.

Comments

I love the clean feel after each wash

I can't live w/o my clarisonic. I use it daily because I have oily skin. I use a papaya soap so it doesn't over dry my skin. My only gripe is that the OEM brushes are $27 per pop and I replace mine every 2 months so it's quite pricey. I recently found that Likas papaya soap (at $7) is really inexpensive and effective and found the Procizion brush heads at under $15 for a twin pack on Amazon. Overall no complaints and really works!

I was reading reviews and saw yours... if you go to THIS LINK below--- youncan get a twin pack of clarisonic brushes (choose your type) for $10!!!!! And $1.49 s/h. [link removed] compatible-brush-heads-set-of-2?rui=123506605

Great for certain kinds of acne but KEEP IT CLEAN

Improved skin texture Elongates skin-washing time Great for comedone acne Expensive Brush and brush head are not bacteria safe I splurged on a Clarisonic brush a while ago and am happy I did. I suffer from comedone acne at all times, and it can certainly flare up when I'm ovulating or premenstrual, when I'm stressed out, or when my skincare lapses. My comedone acne has also had an impact on the smoothness and softness of my skin more generally, even if I can keep it under control. Because the Clarisonic brush consistently exfoliates, it had a dramatic effect on the texture of my skin, making it smoother and softer to the touch and to the eye. It has definitely had an impact on my confidence, and made my acne more manageable. However, it's a dangerous little thing for a few reasons: 1) Choose your brush wisely: I was using the blue pore brush and switched to the new green acne brush. I e-mailed Clarisonic to try to find out the difference between the two: both have dense bristles, but the acne brush bristles are longer, thus making it an ultimately gentler brush. This is good for my needs. Just play around a bit. 2) Don't press it into your face: We probably shouldn't exfoliate daily, so if you are, don't go overboard and do it too rigorously. 3) Clean it whenever, all the time, and thoroughly: The Clarisonic brush has many things that can trap all sorts of bacteria and they need to be cleaned. I do this whenever I'm re-charging the brush, so every week or week and a half. I let the brush itself sit face down in rubbing alcohol while the handle is recharging. I also disengage the white plastic thing below where the brush was and clean that and the base of the brush with soap and water and dry it completely before putting the brush back in. I've found that if I don't do this, the Clarisonic brush itself will break me out! ADDITION: I recently stopped using my Clarisonic entirely. I might go back to it, but I went through a bout of really sensitive skin and I could tell this was aggravating and over-exfoliating my skin. So I guess my next piece of advice would be: pay close attention to your skin, and perhaps pause or stop your usage of this if you suspect your acne pattern has something to do with irritation, because this is irritating.

Comments

Great brush for problem skin, but I would try cheaper alternatives first

great cleanser expensive I have the Clarisonic Mia and I really like it. I think it's particularly good with removing makeup. My skin is so acne- prone that if I have one night of not very, very thoroughly removing my makeup I wake up with breakouts. In that sense, I do think that this is a superior cleanser. However, I've recommended the Neutrogena Wave as a first defense especially for people without problematic skin. I don't think the Clarisonic is far, far superior.

Week One

Brings lingering acne to surface Glowing, dewy skin Better moisturizing I've never contributed to any online forums before, but recently bought the Mia2 system for acne and thought it was worth a shout out. I'm only a week in, and that initial purge stage has definitely started, but despite this I've already received the first compliment on my skin EVER. A friend said that I looked fresh and absolutely glowing, and asked what I was using on my face! A little background: I've had moderate to severe acne my whole life, and have tried just about everything under the sun. I recently started to make major changes to my diet (as an already active and healthy person), realizing that the band aid solutions available through prescriptions and over the counter medications that we pile on our skin day in and day out are probably made to keep us buying these products. I had a bit of a wake up call when my fiance pointed out that the products I was putting on my skin would literally bleach bedding and clothes, asking why would I put that on my face! Touché. I've since stopped using any acne related products - not even spot treatments - to see what would happen. As a person who could stand in front of a mirror obsessing over my face for hours, and has probably spent thousands on acne products, this was huge. Before I wouldn't even stay over night somewhere without these products. To my surprise, nothing changed. No changes in breakout severity or consistency. I do still use a moisturizer (Impruv) which is designed for dry, sensitive skin. Stay away from those big name brands, they really don't help. Combined with my new diet, my skin actually started improving for the better with less cystic acne. I bought the Mia2 system to address all those little bumps under my skin and get rid of acne once and for all. The breakouts from this purging phase go away within a day, and are less irritated and easily covered by makeup. My skin is refreshed and glowing with use twice daily, rotating from the device's cleanser and Cerave hydrating cleanser. I'm looking forward to seeing the results in a few months! Definitely buy this, but consider a lifestyle/diet change along with it. If you're willing to invest in products, you should start from the inside out. The device will get rid of previous issues, but it can't digest that pizza you ate last night for you.

Which brush head do you use with the Clarisonic device on your face: Deep pore, Sensitive, Normal, Acne, or Delicate? Thanks!! Just got it and I'm super excited!
thank you so much! I was a bit worried because of the price and after reading some reviews I was quite worried.. but this reassured me to atleast give it a shot. thank you! :)

Popular Cleansing devices