Cinnamon Reviews

Cinnamon

Didn't burn at all however

I've used half tea spoon because I was afraid to hurt my skin which is a little bit sensitive. I left the mask for 20min and I didn't see that much different, I felt like the small acnes have reduced but the biggest ones still the same as before. i will try one full tea spoon next time(maybe tomorrow) and see what happens. I also felt like my skin got a little bit dry

Comments

very painful for me but works

Make sure you patch test this before you try it. You could be allergic to this and I see people on this page who have experienced rashes from it and I wanted to make sure people know that isn't normal and is just an allergic reaction (probably to the cinnamon). Also, this is VERY PAINFUL for me. I see people who don't find this painful at all and I'm not sure if that depends on the amount of acne you have or how sensitive your skin is, but as someone who has a lot of acne /and/ sensitive skin, this burns so much for the first few minutes that I have to pinch my thigh to distract myself and get thru putting it on my whole face. After the first 4-5 minutes, it stops burning as much and just throbs for the next 10 minutes or so. After that, it doesn't hurt at all and just gets stiff. I leave it on for a few hours, but as long as you aren't allergic to this I think you can leave it on for as long as you'd like. If you have a low pain tolerance and this does hurt you, I would recommend only using this as a last resort. I consider myself to be someone with a very high pain tolerance and I still cry when I put this on. Note that the more cinnamon you add the more painful it will be. As far as results, I've used every other DIY I have been able to find on the internet and this is the first one that has done anything for me. I'm on my 4th day of using it and while my acne is still looking pretty bad, it's been a lot less red and the older acne scars are significantly less noticeable. I also haven't been getting any new pimples in the places where I've been applying the mixture. I highly recommend this mask, but only if it's not painful or if you have nothing left to try.

Awesome

This is working wonders on my acne. I use 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon. After I mix it I leave it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. And have it on for 30 minutes to an hour. It burns for the first 5 minutes but it’s all worth it in the end. My skin has gotten smoother and my skin is getting so much better.

1st timer

Day 4 had the mask on for 3hours skin feels great.. this mask is magic i have noticed the more cinnamon u ad the more it burns the less u ad 4 example 1egg 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder no burns u will experience.. Day 3 i decided to sleep with the mask on morning my skin was feeling great Day 2 update. Today i added half a teaspoon more cinnamon to the mask and my face had a lite burn but not so bad my skin feels great i just removed the mask had it on for an hour or so pimples and black white heads are getting smaller in size yeeeeaay

Burn

I have the mask on right now, and IT burns like ..... But i am positive IT will work!!

Burn

It works great

I’m a young teenager and my acne is moderate but I really suggest this mask. I used it for the first time and I actually didn’t feel any burning. by the next morning my face was glowing and the redness and size reduced alottttt

Do patch test first.!

Awesome mask.! It has helped a lot with redness and acne on my skin and I have sensitive skin. I use 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and one whole egg. Recommend this.!

Comments

DO NOT LEAVE ON FOR TOO LONG!!

I've used this mask before and it was okay.. didn't see any shocking results. I do agree that it burns at first and makes your face red but usually goes away pretty easily. Well I decided to give this mask another shot since my acne has been getting pretty bad. I decided to leave the mask on for like an hour or longer.. don't do this! I don't know if it was just my skin being sensitive or what but my face was extremely red when I took the mask off, but I just assumed it would go away when I woke up the next morning like it always had...was I wrong! The redness had increased and my face hurt! It got progressively worse throughout the day and by the end of the day, I realized I had a rash all over my face, or just the parts where I put the mask. The rash itched and my face became swollen and puffy and so extremely red! It's day two of the rash as I'm typing this but I just started putting cortisone cream on it hoping it might work. Moral of the story: don't leave your mask on for too long!!!!!

Actually works..

The trick to this mask is patch testing it, DO NOT PUT ON YOUR WHOLE FACE if you've never tried it before. You want to make sure that you put a small amount on your cheek FIRST because everyone's skin reacts differently. Another thing is that cinnamon will burn on any skin at first, it takes about 10 minutes for the burning sensation to go away, your skin will get red under the mask but it will go away eventually revealing soft skin. Lastly, this actually works. I have mild acne + acne scars + sensitive skin that breaks out from just breathing.... I used it for the first time last night. I saw some of the acne bumps had already gotten smaller and my skin is not red. I mixed half tablespoon of ground cinnamon and squeezed lemon juice enough to make a paste. I left it on overnight as a spot treatment on the affected areas. You have to be careful when trying new products on your skin, always patch test and most importantly, BE PATIENT :)

Comments

Cinnamon will burn your face. Be advised.

Please be aware of cinnamon. I applied it to my face and within 5 seconds it burned my face. I washed it off and my face was burned. Cinnamon will chemically burn you and leave marks. I immediately applied aloe Vera and Manuka honey consistently to help reduce the redness. If you choose to apply cinnamon just be advised that it is a strong chemical reaction and apply a little bit. Less than a teaspoon. Don't add tablespoons that is way too much.

It burns for a couple minutes but that's natural. That's what's supposed to happen. You're not supposed to wash it off as soon as you put it on. It will burn even more.

Rip

The first review I wrote failed to post, so here is an incredibly short one. This mask killed both my skin and my pride.

It is not always the same for all people. If it killed that for you then it's your problems for not testing it on a small area first.

LOVEEEEE💜

I've just started this mask Wednesday and I used 1 Raw egg and a lot of cinnamon. I have acne marks on my face and this mask definitely helped !! It's Friday and majority of my spots have faded dramatically no bs lol. I'm 20 yrs old & I'm light brown and acne spots are very visible bc of my skintone. This mask is magic !!! I use in the morning and before I go to bed for 1 hour. Not for sensitive skin.. will burn for like 4 mins but it wares off and your skin will be tf poppinn! 😂😊 Also I wear makeup so I clean& wash my face before I use the mask.

Amazing

I have horrible cheek acne and just recently I started breaking out on my face. I found this mask online and for the first time I sued it, it burned like hell. I had a fan on my face to keep me from roasting alive internally. I have tons of scars on both of my cheeks as well. After I took the mask off (I had it on for 2 hours) my skin was GLOWING! Sure my face hurt like a female dog, but the results were worth it! I have been using this mask for a week and my skin has remarkably improved. I don't think this mask is much help to people with sensitive skin, but with people who believe in "no pain no gain" or "beauty is pain" this mask is made for you.

HORRIBLE

This face mask was horrible! I tried it on Monday, it is now Wednesday night as I'm writing this. I thought the burning was helping my ski but when I took it off, I got little bumps ALL OVER my face, it's completely red, and the skin is peeling off. THE EFFECTS STILL HAVENT GONE AWAY!!!! I'm suffering and I have no idea what to do! Somebody help me!

From now on for sensitive skin try turmeric, milk, and honey it will help you a lot. I had cystic acne but then I got completely clear just by constantly doing this everyday for 30 minutes for 6 months. Yes, it takes time but it lasts forever! It's been 6 months and I haven't gotten a single blemish on my skin. Also u can use this mask to get rid of arm hair and upper lip hair! This is an ancient Indian treatment so you give it a try for at least 2 months
Cinnamon will burn the skin. Apply aloe Vera and Manuka honey immediately. Of you choose to apply cinnamon again, add a little bit. Don't over exceed with cinnamon.

HORRIBLE

I tried a face mask that included cinnamon ( 1 raw egg and 2 table spoons of cinnamon) , in the beginning it burned a little but the youtube video said that it was normal so i ignored it. But when i washed it of MY HOLE FACE WAS RED AND IT WAS BURNING. For some people this remedie may work but before you try it make sure that you do a patch test on your face.

what did you do to reduce the redness??? i did the exact same thing...

Great if you have endurance

Most people on here only leave bad reviews because of the first minutes where it feels like its burning your face. YES it will hurt a lot for like 4 minutes but it's totally bearable. Remember beauty is pain guys. After a few minutes have passed by your skin will feel fresh. DONT remove it when u apply it. Just wait and suck it up it'll be over i promise. After youve left the mask on for 30 mins to an 1 hour and you remove it you will see how bright your skin is. And after a few uses it really does help with acne:)

Can you leave it overnight?
Laurennirene

Absolutely horrible

I was just innocently looking online for DIY scrubs and f course i came across a honey, yogurt, cinnamon rub that i thought would be perfect. WRONG! The diy said to keep it on for 10 minutes but after 2 it was burning like crazy! my face got red and patchy. Currently its been about 15 minutes and the redness has slowly went down but i have been rubbing ice (put a bag over the ice) over my face i wish i never did this mask and just know, please try to use as little cinnamon as possible because it is a spice, and it will burn your face

Comments

Not for the faint of heart

I found this little mask on my beloved Internet. Many reviews said it made their skin burn,I brushed it of thinking that they were just whiney and thin skinned. Oh how wrong I was. After 2 minutes the burning was so bad I washed it all off but it KEPT ON BURNING for a good 15 minutes I was in agony. But the next morning my zits had reduced a lot. You might use this to spot treat if you are very,very brave.

Comments

DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE!

Unless you want to burn your skin off, DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE!!!!!! I cant stress this enough! Read this for proof [link removed] and don't listen to those bloody Youtubers!!

Ouch!

Ive been using cinnamon in my face masks for about a year now, but only a little. Today I used half a tea spoon and I felt my face start to burn as soon as I put it on, I assumed it was just working its magic. I was wrong. After a few minutes I couldn't stand the burning and washed it off. My face was left red, patchy and painful. It was burnt! Never using it on my skin again!

Comments

My own cinnmon wonder mask-for sensitive/acne prone/combination skin

Acne and that too huge cystic ones can wreak an havoc on your confidence. I have done a lot of research on alternate therapies and with many trial and errors discovered this mask. I used it regularly AM and PM for 30 min each. Start with 5 min and gradually increase the duration to avoid burning of skin. Sharing this with a hope that others benefit 1 tsp -Cinnamon powder ( organic) 1 tsp- Nutmeg (organic) 2 tsp- Honey 5-10 drops- Tea tree/lavender ( which ever suits your skin) 1/2 tsp- Turmeric 1/2 tsp aloe vera ( subsitute with youghurt sometimes) This can be stored upto a week . Try it out as a patch first. Go ahead and let me know if it works.

cinnamon peeled my skin

I was really into the DIY facial mask. I loved yoghurt mix with turmeric. One day I decided to do 1/2 tbs cinnamon+1 tbs yoghurt+ 1tbs honey mixture. As I applied on my face, it stung immediately and I thought the mixture is doing its job but after a minute or two I couldnt stand the pain and washed it off immediately. My face had a patchy redness. The next day my skin peeled around my mouth area especially near the laughing lines. Im slowly recovering from it after applying extra virgin olive oil mix with pure vitamin E oil. Next time, I'll use a pinch of the cinnamon if I want to do any DIY facial..

HELP

THIS IS THE WORST EVER!!! I put it on and when i took it off my skins was so soft but soon after i got small pimples all over my face!!! i only used it for 3 small pimples on my chin and forehead and now i have these small red dots all over my cheecks forehead and chin!!! it itches and they arnt going away!! i have no idea what to do and i need suggestions please this is absolutely terrible!!

PLEASE HELP! The same thing has happened to me I did the mask a couple days ago and it was fine after then later that night I broke out in small bumps that look like acne all OVER MY FACE!! How did you fix this is there a cure?? Please write back
Probably allergic to it.

Amazing

This face mask has done wonders on my skin! I make the paste like 1 part cinnamon and 2 parts honey and heat it for 2-3 seconds on microwave and apply it. I leave it on for 10-15 minutes. It reduced the size of my cystic pimples. Guys if you have really stubborn cystic pimples try this. I guarantee you, You will see results in the very first week. Yes, it stings and causes redness but that is temporary. Make sure you use natural cinnamon. All the best!

Popular Household/Natural