Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

Best oily skin cleanser I've ever used

Been using this for about a month and it's great! I have super oily/combination acne prone skin and this works beautifully to gently remove surface gunk and oil without drying my face out. Most "foaming" washes make the skin around my mouth and nose very flaky after I rinse but this leaves me skin feeling pretty normal. This foams up just enough to give a good cleanse without stripping but you have to really work it in your hands to get any foaming action. The smell reminds me of a topical acne cream but it's not that strong and it doesn't linger. Bottle lasts a long time for the price!

N O P E

I've been using it for just under 4 weeks and my skin is so dry and flaky around the mouth, eyes and nose and my skin feels tight and goes red. It's drained my skin of all natural oils and the Cetaphil moisturiser hasn't been replacing them for some reason. Plus it smells like medicine which weirded me out a little? Will never be using this again, I'm trying to find something a little more gentle and hydrating, even if my skin is naturally oily.

Not too bad

As I said in my other review, I was never good with Cetaphil products. This cleanser is "okay", but doesn't prove better than the standard Gentle alternative. Contains fair bit of fragrance like the others, if you're sensitive to smell like me, then think twice.

Big Mistake!

Before I started using this my face was ok I got one or two mini pimples, then after a few days of using this daily twice a day, my skin became worst than Ever. I got mini bumps and some cystic acne. It was horrible. It took me a month to figure out this is the culprit. After few days when I stop using this my skin calmed down. This might work for some but not for me unfortunately...

Comments

Best cleanser for oily skin

I'm in love with this cleanser. I've been using it for years and so far I've had no problems with it. I tried the Gentle Skin Cleanser before this but it left my skin feeling a bit greasy and even oilier than usual. This cleanser is definitely the best I've tried for my skin. I wouldn't recommend it for those with normal to dry skin as it can really dry out your face. The thing I love most about this cleanser is that it really removes dirt and makeup from my face that there is hardly any need for toner afterwards. Highly, highly recommended for those with oily skin. Just be sure to use an oil-free moisturizer afterwards.

Best Skin Cleanser

This is one of the BEST skin cleaner ever. For the past few years, I've been getting large whiteheads and blackheads, but after using this product for the past week and a half, my whole face cleared up. It leaves you with a clean feeling and it doesn't make your skin very dry like some products. I use it twice a day and as for my moisturizer, I use this Asian brand called Aquemoist 2 in 1 moisture lotion. It has a water like consistency and it's not greasy at all and definitely makes my skins plump and smooth. I also have some acne scars from the past and so I use clindoxyl gel 5% at night after applying the moisture lotion. Combined, these two products has made my face squeaky clean and refreshed

Horrible

None Burns Does not remove makeup/oil/dirt Caused horrible cystic breakout This product made me breakout in HUGE, PAINFUL clusters of cysts and nodules all over my chin, temples and cheekbones. I thought that it was just my hormones being out of whack. I should have known it was this cleanser. My skin would burn terribly and be bright red after I used it, yet i persisted for about 2 months. When I finally discontinued it, my skin calmed down immediately' and took weeks for my breakouts to heal, leaving my skin scarred horribly due to how large the spots were.

Comments

-Returned the natural colour to my face (evened-out skin tone) -Restored moisture -Did not make my skin oily -Cleared up my acne -Smells really good -Makes my skin soft -Very gentle I started using this cleanser, as well as Spectro 5% benzoyl peroxide cream (might be better to go with 2.5%, but the 5% worked for me), followed by the Cetaphil moisturizer for normal skin while following The Regimen. WOW, I saw fantastic results in about 3 days. One week in, and my moderate acne is all cleared up! I also change my pillowcases every night. As for the moisturizer, be sure not to use in excess or you'll wake up with a greasy face. Rub it in as softly as you can and it works great

Comments

Cheaper than most products if you buy in bulk Smells nice Feels nice on the face Non comedogenic Gets rid of oil, especially if your skin is an oil slick like mine.. It even gets rid of my left over makeup I missed at the end of the day Works!! A bit drying but the moisturizer fixes that! I love Cetaphil! I was not left disappointed. This product works for me and I use it as my cleanser in my regimen routine.

Comments

-is VERY gentle -no smell -no harsh chemicals -start seeing results in the first few days -easy to use -cleans well -dries out skin (in the first few days when your skin is getting use to it) -doesn't foam/lather (which is not really a bad thing) LOVE this product!!!!! it's very basic and simple but it does the most AMAZING stuff to my face it was super duper hard to come up with cons!

Guest shelly
Guest shelly

- smells really good - clears acne - texture is nice ( soft liquid like soap ) - expensive - over drying ( nothing moisturiser can't fix) - makes skin oilier over time - pricey I was reccomended this product by my dermatologist for a gentle acne treatment.I never had oily skin but this cleanser is formulated to treat acne while the other cetaphil cleanser is not.It cleared my skin tremendously and I loved it for many weeks.Then..........I noticed a huge increase in the oil of my face. Everyday I would wake him to find a layer of oil.I stopped using it before my acne could appear again and switched to the cetaphil gentle cleanser.It works just as good and is better for my normal /acne-prone skin.Thank you cetaphil!

Guest Miss Kim
Guest Miss Kim

- Pleasant smell - Inexpensive - The container is huge, so you can't really travel with it. A great basic cleanser for oily combination skin prone to acne. I would definitely say it's a beauty staple. It has slowly helped clear up my acne a bit. It does not work overnight but if used twice a day for a while you'll start to see a difference.

Comments

smells good non-comdegenic makes skin oily overtime not fragrance free not gentle not paraben free contains sulphate irratates skin burns skin not gentle enough After a month of using this product i realized it was making my skin worse because in the morning i would wake up and find my face was really oily, which of course made me have a few pimples.I also realized that the makers of cetaphil say it is gentle and doesn't dry out the skin but yet it contains such harsh ingrediants.Since i am young i want a cleanser that is really gentle but actually cleans the face so i switched to spectro jel and it really worked for me and i haven't had a simple pimple in 2 months.

Guest Catfish girl
Guest Catfish girl

omg it WORKS! Does cause dryness so please use none oily moisturizer after each use. I recommend "Jamison vitamin A cream" I have had severe acne for 7 years and finally found something that works for me. I've been using "Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser for sensitive skin" with "Jamison Vitamin A" cream for moisturizer for two weeks. I was amazed how quick my acne started to vanish in just 2 weeks. I have very sensitive oily skin and have been trying disparately to find a product that works for me. After paying hundreds of dollars on pro-active, different soaps, Aveeno acne cleansers, nuetrogena, Olay and even tried indoor tanning nothing worked. If you have oily sensitive skin with moderately severe acne I recommend trying this product. This product will dry out your skin so it is important to buy the vitamin A cream to provide moisture to your skin after each use. Do not over wash your face either. I wash my face 3 times a day and apply my vitamin A cream for skin repair right after. Over using any product will just make it worse. If you've had years of stubborn acne I recommend this product highly!!!

Comments

Best Cleanser for acne Does not dry skin Deep cleans Not for blackheads This is a bit expensive (not a whole lot) when compared to other drugstore brands, but worth it! You can buy the larger size (16 Oz. vs the 8 Oz.) for a better deal. My dermat recommended this over any other (and more expensive) brands and this really works. This is the cleaner for "acne skin", since the "Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser" is designed for "dry skin", therefore feels more like a cream than a cleanser. So use this one. You can test it by smelling the two bottles, this one has a slightly refreshing smell, the Gentle cleaner is fragrance-free.

Popular Liquid