Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Very effective moisturiser

I really enjoy any Cetaphilâ„¢ product as they are very gentle on the skin, fragrance-free and are really worth their price. This is my favourite moisturiser and I would use it again and again. My skin feels soft and healthy after applying and I use this constantly. Would recommend to anyone!

So far so good

I've been using the clean and clear dual action moisturizer for about a 5 years, which is about the same length that I've been dealing with my acne. I have very dry/oily acne prone skin so I'm scared to try new products, but I decided to try this cetaphil moisturizer because after washing my face with my cerave face wash, my face always got dry even after applying the clean and clear. Anyways, it's my third day using the cetaphil lotion and I haven't broken out at all, I've only woken up to a few small white heads (which is kinda normal for me) so nothing major and I think it has actually calmed my skin down a bit. I guess I wasn't properly moisturizing my skin this whole time. I was nervous to try it because people said it broke them out terribly, but every skin type will react different so I would give it a try. However, I recommend only using a tiny bit because it does leave your face feeling greasy and tacky if you use a lot like I did at first! Also I'm not sure if I like how makeup applies after I apply the lotion because of its tacky-ness.

So far so good

My skin is oily at tmes and dry at times but this moisturiser has been giving me relief from the irritation of topical lotions. Only been using it a short time, but for now I'm happy. I just use it once at night because unfortunately it does leave a very greasy look to the skin. A small amount is all that is needed. EDIT** I test patched this on my next and forehead..they have both broken out with pimples everywhere. Don't recommend.

Great overall moisturizer

I've used this moisturizer for a long time, I made the switch when the Acne.org moisturizer formula was changed several years ago. That change left my face super dry no matter how liberally I applied it, so I gave Cetaphil a try and fell in love. I've found it doesn't irritate my skin or lend to causing breakouts. I can use it for morning or night, and I can use it on my hands, neck, etc. It's versatile. The biggest drawback is that it can leave you with a sheen on your face, so if you prefer a more matte moisturizer you'll want to look elsewhere. I have dry skin and this leaves me looking a bit greasy.

Comments

!!!!NOT FOR ACNE PRONE!!!!!

DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE IF YOU HAVE MODERATE TO SEVERE ACNE. I only used this product twice and I now have at least 5 more pimples. It's supposed to be non-comedogenic but my pores are ridiculously clogged right now. I started using the cetaphil oil control foam face wash and it seems to work fine, but it's a little drying so I wanted to try their moisturizing products. Huge mistake. I only recommend this if you are not acne prone because it WILL cause angry, clogged pores. I have never used any cetaphil products before so I didn't know what to expect. I may have used too much the first time, it left the greasiest sheen on my face. The second time I used a pea sized amount. A little goes a very long way with this product. it seemed to have soaked in fine but it felt super heavy and throughout the day my face just continued to get even more oily. Don't waste the 2 dollars that this costs.

Moisture moisture moisture

This product is great if you're looking for a deeply hydrating, sensitive moisturiser. Perfect to use while treating the skin with BP. However, I do find that it can leave the skin looking a little greasy. I have combination skin so I only use Cetaphil on my dry cheeks during the day. But at night I use it all over and find that it moisturises my face really well overnight, even though it looks a little shiny.

Very effective

Less seems to be more. At first I must have been applying on too much because this lotion was staying on my face for a long time, but when I started applying just a pea-size amount, my skin soaked it in no problem, and my face would feel very nice. I went through a lot of moisturizers that would combat dryness after applying BHA, but none have been effective as this product.

PERFECT

This is the one and only product that has worked for me. Seriously I've tried dozens of other moisturizers and none of them worked at all. I guess I just have super dry skin. If you're a super (and I mean super duper) dry guy like me you probably won't have that greasy feeling afterwards because your skin will absorb it all in a matter of seconds. I guess I'm lucky sense I don't get breakouts like everyone else in the comments keeps saying. If I could give this a 10 out of 5 stars I would. Cetaphil has saved my skin. My skin looked horrible prior to using this product. Everybody is different, if its giving you cancer and causing breakouts then stop using it but if its the perfect match for your skin then keep using it. I haven't had a problem with it at all so far and I've been using it for over 2 years now. Had all the tests and procedures done to check for cancer and guess what....I DONT HAVE CANCER! Honestly I prefer not having itchy scaly skin. Until I can find an "all natural" moisturizer that can handle my skin I'm just gonna stick to Cetaphil. I'm as dry as they come so that's why it works for me. Oh and a greasy face is easier to handle then a dry one. Just carry a paper towel in your pocket and bam just like that problem solved. But for us super dry guys we can't necessarily carry a bottle of lotion with us everywhere. So having it dry is worse. Avoiding breakouts is easier too just wash your face 2 times a day with warm water, use a cleanser brush and a cleanser bar.

Comments

Greasy sh*t and overrated.

This moisturiser never absorbs at all, it leaves a nasty greasy sticky film on your face that stays like that for hours on end. I don't know why people think it makes your face smooth, when in reality it feels like putting cooking oil on your face. It doesn't feel satisfying to put on your skin at all, in fact, I'm always disgusted everytime I put this crap on. The worst part is that when you wake up, your face will feel even greasier than ever. I do not recommend, this product is completely overrated.

Broke me out terribly!!

I have been searching for a substitute moisturiser for when I'm using the acne.org regimen and I tried this. After first apply my skin was sooooo much more hydrated and it felt great. But only after 2 days of using it my skin broke out TERRIBLY. 7 new pimples in. my face, and they are not small....Pls. help if anyone has a good substitute that doesn't cause pimples.

Its good

This lotion is great because it wont break you out, has no smell, and is really moisturising. However, the bottle says that it is on the"light" side but the cream is actually quite heavy, almost like an eczema emollient. I can feel it on my skin hours after applying. I have no problem with this i just think that its a bit misleading to call it "light". When i put paper towels on my face after applying this, they will stick to my face (twice!) if i dont do this, ill be a little oily and my hair will look greasy the next morning from rubbing against my face. Other than that i like to use cetaphil on my dry acne prone back because it keeps the flakes away for a good day but the bottle is quite pricey for something so small.

cetaphil knows best

who would of thought that we would use a lotion as a facial wash , well it works wonders , the point that there are no harsh chemicals stripping all the goodness of our face but still cleansing it makes cetaphil lotion the ideal product to use in our daily routine .

How do you use it as a facial wash ?
t-dawg

Hasn't let me down

This works great to hydrate skin without causing too much of a breakout, even on the regime i would recommend this as one of the go to moisturizers, only bad thing is you can look a little greasy but not like crazy amount, to me it's way better than dry flaky skin.

Comments

Very light and suitable for my sensitive acne-prone skin!

I don't really understand the bad reviews here, maybe it's that we have different types of skin. But as for me, it works very well. I have been suffering from a very bad acne-prone skin with the non-stop growth of cystic acne. Did try a lot of skin care that contains alcohol and didn't work. I even got prescription from doctor to consume accutane, which became even worse. Lastly, i was introduced to Cetaphil by my pharmacist cousin. I must say that this is not recommended to those who expect your skin to heal in 1-2 weeks, no. I have been using this for about 6 months and thank God, my cystic acne started to sink down and stopped growing. It moisturizes my skin very well since i have a cronic dry skin. The results might be a little bit slow to be seen, but as long as it heals as time passes, this is great for me. I use this right after i wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser. Try it out!

Not a Fan :(

Tried this out when i was looking for a good night moisturiser. This made my face like an oil slick to wake up to, didn't absorb properly and broke me out with little white heads on my nose (I don't usually get spots on my nose!) I've tried using it as a body moisturiser as i suffer with eczema on my arms (and I'm loathed to throw a nearly full bottle of product out) but i haven't seen much improvement so far and it still takes AGES to absorb. Wouldn't buy it again.

It works well...

This makes your skin soft and dewy. It even adds shine. But it is greasy and makes you sweat. If you have oily skin or combination i wouldn't recommend. But it does work well with sunburns, sensitivity and flaky skin, which is one of the main reasons i bought it. I personally try to only use it at night.

disappointed me.

I had great expectation of this product because of my pleasant experience with Cetaphil cleanser. But, this moisturizer disappointed me. It is nothing more than an over-the-counter greasy moisturizer. I didn't even dare to try putting it on my face. I am now using it as a hand cream. It was like applying oil to my hands. Although the lotion will eventually be absorbed, it doesn't bind water well. I would say that even Vasline is better than this one.

Comments

Will make you look like a greaseball

I used this moisturizer for about two years, back when I first tried the Regimen (2010-2012). It did its job, and kept me almost completely flake-free, even with 2x-daily Benzoyl Peroxide application. Unfortunately, the moisturizer never really absorbed too well. There was always a shiny film on my face. In addition, my skin would obtain a reddish glow whenever I applied this moisturizer over BP. Basically, my skin was moisturized and more or less acne-free, but it was also shiny and red. Looking back, I'm surprised I stuck to the same regimen for as long as I did.

Not for everyone.

What can I say, I hate the stuff, feels horrible and totally clogs my pores! I have tried this a few times and every time within a few days my face is a mess. I don't feel like the skin drinks up this moisturiser either, it seems to sit on top in a greasy layer.

Acceptable

Doesn't work wonders, my skin got burned by topical ointment and this provided little help. Still using it now, since I started accutane again. I won't buy it again, I think. Makes my skin feel dirty, especially if used under make-up. Does it really moisturize? Meh. Avene and La Roche Posay does better job for the same price. Also it kind of clogs my skin?? Strange...

GOOD LOTION

i used to have serious acne and i used BP and diff to stop my acneand it dried up my skin so i use this lotion and it is a great lotion after ive been using this product for 1 month it works very well and moisturize smooth and it doesnt cause acne

Made Face Red

I decided to try this, along with the usual regimen of a cleanser and benzoyl peroxide. I don't know why, but it caused my face to get really red. I think it's because it doesn't combine well with benzoyl peroxide. The lotion is pretty thick and clumped with benzoyl peroxide. It has an odd smell to it. I won't use it again.

Popular Dry/Sensitive