Page 3 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:14 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 10/01/2016 02:27 UTC

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Disappointed (but not a complete loss)
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

I was really excited to use this product because of all of the reviews saying how amazing it is. I have tried this product a couple of times and each time i used it for about 1-3 months. I noticed that the product smells very strong and is very drying for my skin. All in all i give this product a 3 star because it does clean the skin but its too drying for me.

The only face wash that works for me!!!!
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

I'm a 20yr old female in college. I had mild/moderate acne but after having my mirena IUD removed and starting Yaz bcp I had the most severe and horrific break out. My face was bright red and every single pore on my face seemed like it was a clogged pustule (the most horrendous word to exist). Before this monster break out, I had I've literally every face wash you can buy at the drug store and multiple of the expensive ones you can buy at Sephora and many, many natural options. I have very, very sensitive skin (literally infant sensitivity) and it's very reactive and it loves to get bright red and hot. Before the break out I had never used cetaphil before because I didn't think it would be strong enough to clear things up. After the severe break out my face was in so much pain from inflammation and from the pustules (that sh*t hurts and is so sensitive like I have two tattoos and I honestly think having my face tattooed for a few hours would be more pleasant) that everything felt painful and harsh. Until I found this face wash!!! It feels so nice and calming and pleasant on my face. After I rinse it off my face doesn't feel tight or raw or dry, it feels just pleasant and happy and clean! I can even use this twice a day without upsetting my face! Miracle!

by ErinSerrano on 10/01/2016 17:09
Did it get rid of the acne?
there is no cleanse in this 'cleanser
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

Truthfully awful for me. Does not clean pores whatsoever even with a cleansing brush. I know many people swear by this but I can not relate in any way shape or form. Creates oil build up in my pores leading to redness and a bumpy texture. Causes breakouts every time I put it on my skin. Absolute worst skin care product I've ever used. This is just a personal review but I felt the need to share in case anyone else would come across it. If you have problem skin this is not the face wash for you, if you are looking for something for maybe a child to use I can see the relevance. Would not recommend if you're looking to treat break outs or looking to wash away anything but a light sweat. Only even selected a star because it's required.

Overrated
Reviewed on July 29, 2016

I used this when I was on Accutane because of all the hype for this product. it didn't remove my makeup (concealer + mineral makeup) at all, even with a double cleanse. Expensive where I'm from as well.

don't like
Reviewed on July 23, 2016

I don't like this stuff! I wanted to, but I just don't! It doesn't remove makeup very well, and I'm left with a sort of "waxy" or "filmy" feeling on my face.

Love this
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

I use this on a nightly basis after taking off my makeup with a facial wipe and before applying either vitamin e oil (Body Shop) or a night cream (Origins). This cleanser takes a while to get used to, as it doesn't foam at all seems to have the texture of a watery moisturiser and doesn't 'feel' like its really doing anything. I feel like switching out some of my harsher products for this milder cleanser and using it on a daily basis as part of my skin routine has contributed to the huge improvement in my skin. With it being reasonably inexpensive in comparison to many other cleansers on the market its worth a go.

It's not the holy grail or the devil either.
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

Cetaphil didn't do anything to help my acne or make it worse. I hate the fact how it doesn't foam at all so I get this weird feeling it's not cleansing my face at all. I will say that it works better when you use it with a warm washcloth rather than just your hands but that's just me. :)

nothing special
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

here's probably a million people who love this product and a million who don't. For some strange reason, I'm sort of in-between, even though most dermatologists recommend this skin cleanser to the breakout-prone and sensitive-skin patients. I purchased a bottle of this (seems like it only comes in this huge bottle), applied some of its somewhat thick liquid to my face, massaged it in, then rinsed with water. My skin burned a tiny bit, but nothing too serious. Didn't seem to do any harm... but didn't fully take off all my makeup. It did, however, leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized afterwards, which felt great. It's a nice product for those who can't tolerate "soap" type of cleansers -- but for me, it was nothing special at this time.

Good Gentle Cleanser
Reviewed on July 14, 2016

The product outcome reiterates the title. •Gentle cleanser; recommended for sensitive or dry skin types.

•Do not really recommend if you are looking for this cleanser to clear your skin of acne.

•Will not cause redness due to irritation.

•Does not strip the skin.

•No fragrance.

• Quite inexpensive, starting at around $14.99

(Disclaimer: I believe you should alternate between this cleanser and another Cetaphil cleanser [Oily-Skin cleanser] so the skin does not form any resistance to the product.)

Gentle
Reviewed on July 5, 2016

Very gentle like it says on the bottle but did not do much for my skin.