Page 2 of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin, 16 fl oz
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, 8 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2016 01:14 UTC
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, For all skin types, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 10/01/2016 02:27 UTC

Good for Winter
Reviewed on February 1, 2017

I have used this product but I can only use it in the winter when my is drier. I like the consistency and it makes my skin soft but not sure how clean it is getting. I also don't think it removes my make-up very well. Overall I like it but can only use it seasonally.

No water
Reviewed on January 30, 2017

Use this without water and get ready for clear skin. It will take some time to see results but trust and believe you will never see acne again. If you have questions post to my wall. I know a lot about acne and skin care. I have tried everything and I research a lot. I can help you clear your skin.

Also when you try this, for two weeks or so don't use makeup or moisturizer. Or water. People break out when using this with makeup or sometimes due to a moisturizer not agreeing with their skin, then they blame this. Just use this alone so you know what's going on. Trust me this is the deal right here. You won't ever look back. What you do: do one cheek by rubbing a medium amount on your cheek. Rub for about 30 seconds up and down or circular motions. I like going up and down because it gets rid of dead skin. Dead skin cells cause acne, OIL does not!!!! Look it up. Oil is actually good for your skin bc it's acidic and kills acne. You do not want to rub your skin dry and get rid of your acidic oil. Okay so then do your other cheek the same way. Then lastly do your forehead. Do not use a Wash cloth. Wash cloths are abrasive and harsh. Yes they get rid of dead skin better but they dry you out. They rid your natural oils and protective barrier. You need your skin to be hydrated in order to battle acne. Dry skin does not properly exfoliate itself. So basically do that method each night. Do it once a day. Unless you sweat at night. Then do it in the morning. Just remember to be gentle when rubbing and avoid water at all costs. Water dries the skin. Avoid it in the shower too. Put your head away from the water. You may think that's dirty but read the back of the bottle, it says no no no no water. If you're like .."well water cleans my skin I have to use it"...LET me tell you that this is cleaning your skin. It already has water which is purified, which is better than mineralized tap water that dries your skin.. Also the ph of this is balanced so when you add water you throw it off. Your skin needs to be at the proper ph to function correctly. Just use this and you will never look back again.

Once your done using this, post To my wall and I'll let you know which moisturizer to use. And makeup.

by Jmg25 on 02/08/2017 17:49
One more thing I forgot to mention, when you rub this on your cheek, form a CREAMYYYYYY consistency!!!!!! Make a creamy lather. I'll say it again. Make a creamy lather. In that lather ...you'll see dead skin. Quickly swipe it off your cheek with the other hand. Put that excess on a clean cloth. Then do your next cheek. You have to keep rubbing gently until you see a creamy lather. Then remove it immediately before moving onto the next cheek. Your motion should be up and down, using your hands. Making a creamy lather!!! LOL. Do your cheek first, then swipe. Next cheek...swipe. Forehead ..swipe. Nose...swipe. Chin...swipe. Do you see how each one was done separately???? You have to do each part separately and you have to swipe it off immediately after doing that part. Why?????? Bc if you move onto the next cheek without swiping the Cleanser off the other cheek ..it will absorb and be harder to remove...and then you have to rub harder!!!!! You need to be gentle. Rubbing dries the skin out which creates dehydrated skin. Acne thrives in dehydrated skin..where the acid mantle is off balance and lacking in moisture. Dehydrated skin produces extra sebum which causes acne. People...sebum or aka oil is GREAT but too much causes acne!!!! We need our acidic oil to prevent acne but when it's in overdrive...say hi to acne. Yuck. Our friends with clear skin do not have dry and oily skin. We..... with acne have dry and oily skin. That's not dry skin!!! It's called dehydrated skin. Do this method and I promise you will have clear skin within weeks. ❤️❤️ Now for those that think they can be gentle with a dry washcloth...do that!! You can swipe it off with a washcloth. Results are faster however I don't like washcloths bc they can irritate my skin.
by Jmg25 on 02/08/2017 17:53
A creamy, cloudy white lather. Lol.
by Woahxitsyuli on 03/04/2017 17:47
Question, so I have the cetaphil normal to dry skin cleanser. So when I'm about to wash my face, I don't apply water to my face before washing my face? And I just put on the cleanser straight to my face with no water?
by hshwong3 on 03/09/2017 11:35
Hi, my cetaphil cleanser is a very watery consistency... I'm from the US and bought it in the UK and I'm not sure if this is normal. And when I put it on my face, it's so watery, it literally just starts dripping. Also, I have incredibly oily skin in the morning from waking up... do you still advise not to wash in the morning? One last thing, I also bought the cetaphil moisturizer with it, and would u recommend only using that once or twice a day? And do you think I should just use the cleanser by itself at first, or combine it with the moisturizer immediately? Thank you!!!
by Jmg25 on 03/12/2017 20:10
It must say Cetaphil gentle GENTLE Cleanser. Not the other one love. This one has no fragrance aka smell. Apply to dry skin that is not damp or wet. Work that cleanser in using your fingertips and go up and down. Work it till you see a white creamy look. Keep working it and then quickly swipe it off with your other hand and finger...or a textured wash cloth. Do nottttttttttt use a tissue!!! Omg I did that and I still got acne. You want to remove that dead skin build up. Acne is caused by dead skin not OIL!!!!!!! Anyone who has oily and dry skin has acne. Skin shouldn't feel tight. The reason why you think acne is caused by oil is bc you strip your acid mantle which then produces way too much oil. Then that oil gets trapped in your dead skin and hair follicle. Also when you use other products they get trapped in dead skin...and hi acne. Just use this Cleanser alone with no water...no makeup...no nothing!!! Do it for a month. You may get worst before better. I did. Why? Bc the cleanser was rubbing acne spots and touching other parts of my face. It spread. But slowly my skin became clear. Be patient..this method is the deal. I never let water touch my face. And if I do by accident...I let it dry and use my cleanser hours later. I never use water with my cleanser. I also dry shave with this. This stuff got rid of my eczema too. So like I said rub it with your finger tips and work it. Don't go too hard though. If your rub too hard, it will dry out your skin and well then your skin will overproduce oil to make up for the loss oil and dryness. Use this once a night and if you sweat while sleeping...then morning too..sweat is irritating and has salt..which can dry skin out. I know this sounds gross but this cleans your skin!!!! It already has purified water in it. Btw..the point of using your finger tips or textured TEXTURED cloth is it acts as an exfoliater. We have acne bc our skin doesn't shed properly. Our dead skin traps oil. If you're just rubbing slowly...this won't work. Just be gentle but rub enough to get rid of that dead skin. And stop wishing your face so much. That's why you get acne. Your skin becomes dry and then it produces more oil. I bet if you use this once a night..that oil will go down. It takes time to see that. About a month. Slowly my dead skin and oil went down. No my skin looks clear. I don't even need makeup. Just use this aloneeee. Also for anyone who uses other products with this..and isn't seeing results...I cnt help you. Why? Bc this works alone. Your products could be causing breakouts. If you're someon who wants makeup or creams...do this: use this Cleanser alone with nothing else for a month or two and then introduce other things. I say this bc you need to use this alone so you know for sure that this works. People say this doesn't work when they are using other things. Use this alone. For a month at least. hope this helps guys
by ND24 on 04/04/2017 16:06
Can I use Bio Oil along ?
by joshnacional on 04/05/2017 17:10
Should I apply before or after taking a bath?
by Jmg25 on 04/14/2017 17:21
Apply the cleanser once a night, before or after a shower and never in the shower. Don't let water touch your face. Do it once a night. If you wash too much you will get acne. People who wash their face too much over produce oil and get acne. In fact, I have seen results from washing my face every two days at night only. What I did was I started out using Cetaphil once daily at night for a few months to clear up acne. The next step was I reduced the amount of times I used the Cleanser. Every two days. At night only. I came to my senses bc I was like why is my forehead so clear and my face has acne????? I realized I only washed my forehead every few days. I was also like why is my chin so clear and upper lip. I was like ...wait...I hardly wash these areas! My point is less is MORE people. Now after six months of using Cetaphil at night every two days, I now use it every other night. I use it for ten seconds on my face without rubbing. I then apply the Cetaphil cream. I started off with Vanicream after six months. Then I switched bc Vanicream has silica in it (simethone) which gets rid of acne!!!!!!!! I swear this cream gets rid of acne. Put it on a pimple and it's gone. But I stopped using it bc its drying. Silica is a mineral that absorbs oil. So recap: use Cetaphil once at night or twice if you sweat. Use the rubbing method I explained for until acne is gone. Don't rub too hard. Next, reduce the amount of times you use it to every two days so your acid mantle repairs. Do it for two months. Then...use it for ten seconds at night adding Vanicream. Then switch the moisturizer if you want. I like the Cetaphil cream. It gave me acne at first but that's bc I had a lot of dead skin build up. If anyone wants to know the full routine in detail message me.
by Jmg25 on 04/14/2017 17:39
Also do not use bio oil. This is the method in case You can't message me: first use the rubbing method that I explained in my posts for as long as you have acne. Use it once a night or twice if you sweat in the morning. This method you rub until you see a creamy cloudy lather and dead skin. See what I said down below. Once acne is gone, reduce the amount of times you cleanse to once every two days at night. Now InStead of rubbing until you see dead skin, just rub for ten seconds. Again, no water. In no TIME whatsoever did I mention add makeup or lotion or anything!!! Just this Cleanser. Do this for two months or whatever. A month even. It doesn't matter. Finally....use the Cleanser once a night or every other night and add Vanicream CREAM. Not lotion. Use it to keep acne away. This lotion is proven to get rid of acne but it's drying in my opinion. If you find it Moisturizing..there's your routine!!!! Be free of acne. I changed to Cetaphil cream but it's not for everyone!!! When it comes to lotion or creams it depends on your skin. I never say one size fits all. So test it out. That's why I say up above don't use makeup etc bc that's adding extra stuff which can cause acne. And I don't know you personally and your skin. If you follow this routine to the exact your skin will clear up slowly. Good luck!
by plssendhelp on 05/05/2017 22:37
So I started this a little less than a week ago and there doesn't really seem to be any change... I have been broken out on my chin for so long, and I just need something to really work. I have been trying to be very conscious to not touch my face or pick at things as well. I haven't been putting any other creams or makeup or anything on, and I just do it once at night. My skin always feels nice afterward, but I feel like nothing is really happening. Do I just need to wait longer to see even any kind of results..? Or should I add that vanicream stuff or something of the sort?
by dila94 on 06/09/2017 22:48
Hye. And what about gentle cleanser for acne-prone and eczema-prone for body not for the face? Is it still good for body as well?? Thank you
by Osolagui on 07/09/2017 21:56
hello, so I just bought the Cleanser but I work out in the mornings and at nights so i was wondering if it is better if i use it twice a day bc i sweat? I Also bought the moisturiser lotion, is it good and helps with acne or will just make it worse?
Save my skin
Reviewed on January 6, 2017

I read on so many reviews about benzoyl peroxide so I decided to try it on myself starting with the 2.5%. The next day after I tried it on, my skin started to swollen so bad it looks like balloon. I went to the doctor and he said that it turned out that my skin is allergic to BP. It hurts so terrible my skin was dry, flaky, swollen, it hurts even when I try to wash my face. I tried to wash my face with cetaphil it does sting a little bit because my skin was irritated. I also add the cetaphil cream moisturiser to my regimen. But it turns out even worst. I cant really apply anything to my irritated face. So i decided just to wash my face with cetaphil cleanser. It has been 6 days after I got my allergic injection with continuously eating my meds. my skin has finally improved. I learned that the cleanser is soooo gentle even though my skin was hurting so so so bad. I will never stop using it!

by Jmg25 on 01/30/2017 15:18
This is what you should do. I'm a user of the Cleanser for 9 years now but have been using it wrong. Use it without water. Do one cheek without water using your hand and use the other hand to wipe excess off. Do the other cheek the same way. Then do the forehead. If you read the back of the bottle you can use it without water and you should. Research shows that water dries your skin out. After you clean with Cetaphil apply Vanicream (the cream of lotion). Apply a lot. You will break out the first five days or so but after that your skin will be smooth and beautiful. Do this routine at night and once a night. The morning do absolutely nothing. Get rid of the BP. That strips your delicate skin. Your skin needs moisture in order to naturally exfoliate itself. The BP is only temporarily exfoliating your dead skin cells when the underlying cause of your acne is stripped skin. I have tried everything from Retin A to every drug store brand. The only two routines that work is this one and the caveman regimen. Any questions just ask.
Didn’t help, didn’t hurt
Reviewed on December 14, 2016

I used this product when I was in my teens and didn’t know any better. The internet wasn’t as robust as it is now so it was hard to really find out people’s honest feelings and results so I just went with what was available in the grocery store. Plus back then, there just wasn’t the options that there are now. My acne in my teens wasn’t really that bad so once I hit my 20’s, I just started using whatever facial soap was available and I thought my zits were a thing of the past.

Not so much. Now in my early 40’s, 3 kids into the picture and all of a sudden, my cheeks, chin and nose are crazy. The acne is bad pretty much all the time but definitely worse during “that time of the month”. At first, I bought this product again, because it is what I used way back when. There was absolutely no change in my acne at all. It definitely didn’t get worse, so I guess there is that. But it didn’t get better. And like other people have mentioned below, there is this kind of filmy, residue that is left after you rinse it off. I guess it is supposed to feel like a moisturizer but to me, it feels dirty.

Plus side is that it is relatively cheap so I didn’t feel bad throwing it out. But now that I have found a product that actually clears up acne (yay), I can say that this is not an acne-reducing product at all. My sister introduced me to Ninja and since then my acne has minimized to the point , in three months, that I am almost back to normal. Which is just an amazing feeling. I didn’t realize how much acne can affect one’s mood and self esteem.So nice to have good skin back - but this cetaphil stuff is not the way to go about attacking acne IMHO.

by Miruka on 03/03/2017 10:09
What product did you use right now?
A simple, trustworthy, gentle cleanser to a good price!
Reviewed on November 29, 2016

I've used Cetaphil gentle cleanser for about 3 months and before I used really expensive medical cleansing products that I bought from a skin therapist. This is sooo much cheaper and to be honest better too. I like the texture, it feels good on my skin and leaves the skin very neutral. Doesn't make it dry, stiff or oily. This product (in combination with Epiduo) made my skin so much better. It is gentle and simple, and I think that's the best recipe for better skincare. I will keep using this.

Strange texture, leaves your face feeling dirty
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

This cleanser has never left my face feeling clean and soft. Instead, the strange, thick consistency has always made me worry it was clogging my pores. It didn't cause a massive breakout, but it certainly did nothing to help with existing chin breakouts or allow my skin to breathe. In fact, the cleanser always left my face feeling unclean yet strangely dehydrated at the same time. The cetearyl alcohol is quite irritating to me, I've discovered, so I stopped using it. [Not to mention that it contains harmful parabens, which not only cause cancer but disrupt the endocrine system and may contribute to hormone imbalances.]

ehh
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

I would give this cleanser a 3/5 for me just because it does what it says and nothing else, its nothing special. It does not remove my make up, maybe if you wore light make up it would get the job done. While on accutane this is a good choice because it is just so gentle and basic but I dont see myself using this after accutane. But it does contain Alcohol and parabens which is disappointing it seems like a good gentle product but the ingredients throw me of.

Nice to Use on the Dan Kern Regimen
Reviewed on September 15, 2016

Doesn't foam up, but that's okay because foaming cleansers tend to dry the skin. I squeeze/pump a generous amount into my palm, rub my hands together, and gently smooth the product across my face. Acne flourishes on rubbing of the skin and harsh cleansers. This one is so gentle, so it's great. But when you cleanse your face, do so incredibly carefully. The purpose of cleansing is to prime your skin for topical acne-medication. Don't disrupt your skin anymore than it already is by rubbing; just let the product do the work for you.

Reply me please
Reviewed on August 28, 2016

I have tried this product for 1month but why i feel there's no change with my skin ?? How long it takes to remove my acne ? Someone can tell me ? I'm so appreciate that 😊😊

by sosickofzitz on 09/08/2016 20:08
cetaphil is a gentle cleanser, not an acne treatment. it's not likely to clear anything up on it's own. you need to pair it with some kind of treatment.
gentle but not my favorite.
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

cetaphil...I like how it feels, non drying and moisturizing. I have trouble with moisturizers so I like to count this as one in my head. however, I don't think it cleans very well. I have oily skin and often still feel pretty oily right after cleaning. I don't wear makeup but don't imagine this would work very well to remove it. I use this when I feel like my skin needs it, but not on a regular basis. when I used it as a daily staple cleanser, I had an increase in clogged pores, which are my biggest issue. I dunno if it was the ingredients or if I need something stronger or what but it just didn't help.