Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Lifesaver

I never post reviews on anything but feel like I should with this. I had a sudden acne outbreak when I got to 26, all over my cheeks and jaw. I was prescribed Duac and Doxycycline. Duac helped a little, but made my face super dry and itchy, doxycycline maybe helped a little, but then I read reviews about cetaphil on here. It has honestly helped so so much. I've never had perfect skin, and still haven't but cetaphil has cleared up my acne loads. I don't get spots like I did before, just a few red bumps maybe (which I used to get anyway), so I just pop sudocrem on and that does the trick. It has reduced the redness massively. I was at the point where I wanted to cancel my holiday because I didn't want to have to wear make up everyday to cover my skin (which I knew would make it worse still, but didn't want people to see my skin). I've also used Aztec clay healing mask mixed a couple of times a week with apple cider vinegar which seems to reduce the redness loads too. And people saying it doesn't clean your skin, I use this to remove all of my makeup, and it literally removes all traces of it...

Comments

Bit fat disappointment for me!

Was so hopeful this would work. I loved how it didn’t have loads of ingredients in it, and when I saw in a magazine that Eva Green used this (she of the perfect porcelain skin), I was like whoop!! Skin heaven here I come. Nope. Nope. Nope. I used it for a week and it broke me out all over my forehead and nose, where I never usually get zits! I hoped this was just a purge spell, but after three weeks I couldn’t take the nasty itchy bumps that had gradually spread across my face which took weeks to go down! Sad to say, will not use again.

Eek and ew

I have to say I never really liked this stuff but for some reason had always heard it was good for your skin. Everyone said it moisturized it while cleaning it. But I never really felt clean after using it. Like there was always a layer of slime left coating my skin. No matter how much water I used to get it off. I just thought that must be the moisturizing element or something. Anyways, so then I started doing some research and there are some ingredients in there that are no bueno for acne prone skin (ceta-alcohol or something like that, I forget the exact name). once I learned that, I stopped using it immediately which was easy since I didn't like it that much in the first place.

Too gentle

It does what it said, "gentle" (I'll give this one 2 stars) But that's all. In my oily pan-face, it couldn't clean anything really. Might be good for someone has sensitive skin.

maybe u should to try oily skin cleanser by cetaphil?

*Dora voice* Kids, can you spell wack?

First of all, this sh1t ain't do nun to my skin. Second of all, this sh1t mad expensive. Don't buy this sh1t. It is wack and it doesn't do dog sh1t, matterfact even dog sh1t does more than product. A whole @ss waste of money, this sh1t is so overhyped. Conclusion; This sh1t is W-A-C-K, wack. But now that you're here anyway follow my social medias xx: Twitter: @[censored] @[censored] Ig: @[censored] @[censored]

Great

I've been using this for a few days. At first I was surprised by the texture, it's quite watery and doesn't foam up. My skin is acne prone and combination, it's quite moisturising, no dryness, no oiliness. Leaves the skin feeling clean. After a couple of days using this, my skin started feeling VERY SOFT. I haven't broken out so far. I would recommend this for all skin types!

Cetaphil gentle cleanser review

I have been using this product for more than 6 months. My type of skin was oily and prone to get whiteheads. Since i work in a hospital environment i tend to touch my face alot unconciously. Initially it felt weird to use this without water to wash my face. Then wash it with cold water. Pat dry my face and apply cetaphil lotion (pea size amount coz i realised the formula is thick) massage to face After doing this rotine for a while my face improved alot. Not much breakout only one or 2. Pore on my nose got smaller. I am happy with both products i use. And will keep on useing this rotine fir a very long time☺�

so far so good

i have been using this for two days and it has already cleared up most pimples i have. it feels great and i love that its fragrance free as my skin is quite sensitive. (i use it twice a day, applying warm water to my face first, then massaging in the cleanser for about 2-5 minutes, and then i wash it off with cold water before patting my face dry with a towel) i will be sure to update if i see any changes!

Comments

So gentle for acneic skin

I find this a lovely cleanser for my face. It doesn’t dry out my skin like so many face washes do and it even leaves my skin feeling a bit moisturized while using certain drying acne treatments. Inexpensive, easy to find, and effective.

Comments

Broke me out very slowly

I absolutely love the Cetaphil moisturizer, it works well with my very sensitive skin that is coping with a still unknown allergy or ailment as I used Elidel topical before a next derm visit. So, I would naturally try to switch to this cleanser as well thinking it would benefit me in the long run. Nope. In the beginning, I liked the scent as it smelled like potent hard candy. It really was gentle on my skin--non foaming and it glided smoothly as I washed. I didn't feel a lot of oils strip away so I was happy about that. I felt moisturized. All was good until more weeks passed by. I thought it was just my hormones acting up, but I noticed I slowly had more and more clogged pores. Whiteheads, some blackheads, and lots of new large pimples began to surface! My face also felt like sand paper and was more bumpy than usual I was afraid to look in the mirror with the sun hitting my face. I just prevailed though and used an oil cleanser as well to exfoliate, but that didn't help. I then realized it was this cleanser, I felt so bad because it was putting back any progress I was trying to make! I stopped using this right away, and only washed with warm water for a couple of days and then re-introduced the Cetaphil moisturizer. What a difference. It's been almost a week and 60% of the sandpaper texture on my face is gone. I also no longer have huge breakouts. What a shame. Edit: I'm giving this another chance just to finish the bottle since I've been using Avar LS now which is amazing, and I'm not getting any of the above effects anymore. I just wouldn't use Cetaphil cleanser alone.

Comments

Didn't completely clear my acne

I had moderate to severe acne and after just using this product with Simple replenishing rich moisturizer, I still had mild acne with clogged pores. I'm not complaining because my skin has been much worse. This product makes my oily, acne prone skin feel soft and clean. However, I need a medicated product like Stridex max strength pads to really help with the rest of the acne. 4 starts because it cleans my face and makes it feel good but it hasn't cleared my acne after a year and a half of use.

Great cleanser

I was fooling around with a lot of facial cleansers and I couldn't find one that would get rid of my acne. I started to use cetaphil because so many people recommended it online so I gave it a try. It felt weird a first, almost like my face wasn't clean, usually it would feel a little squeekey and I hated that feeling because I felt like all my good oils were being stripped away but I guess it was cleaning my face because even though it felt weird I was super moisturized after and my acne slowly started to go away. Along with starting to drink more water and sleeping more my acne was minimized by 90% and now I don't think I will ever change my cleanser because it is so gentle and reduces my acne.

be careful this product has a chemical that can cause cancer

Give it a chance.

I have the most sensitive skin in the world. It is acne prone, for the last 2 years at least. I was only washing my face with coconut oil and that was doing alright. As an athlete I sweat a lot and I needed something to clean more. If you are looking for something to clean your face, this is it. It is fragrance free, and as someone who can't even do a light fragrance, this wash is amazing. I have oily skin, and I do NOT need a moisturizer after using this. I am allergic to Salycilic Acid, and most acne fighting chemicals make my skin itch. Cetaphil does NOT. This is finally what I've been looking for and I hope I can help someone too.

Jatuh Cinta!

Akhirnya masa masa pencarian sabun muka telah berakhir! Yippie!! Ngerasa ketemu jodoh deh! Walaupun produk ini lumayan pricey, tapi kalau sering sering ke drugstore ntar sering diskon juga kok. Hehehe pokoknya lope lope lah sama cetaphil😘

ok to remove makeup

I tried this as a way to remove my makeup instead of using wipes before cleansing my face with my proper cleanser tailored for acne. It worked ok and did remove my makeup although I've tried other cleansers that do a batter job of removing all traces of foundation. I don't think I would use this as a stand alone product, I always used my cleanser afterwards that contained salicylic acid and tea tree to help calm my skin and I don't think this would be able to replace that. it didn't break me out though and it did the job so I ended up using the bottle up but I won't be repurchasing.

Comments

Use this AFTER you clean your face with make up remover

I have bad acne, whitehead, and acne scars. First I use make up remover than cleans your make up. Usually, after this my face is still oily and I feel the leftover make up still clogs my pores. This is the purpose of Cetaphil. Cleans the pores of my bare face. Use this on dry skin! Don't rinse your face with water before applying Cetaphil. You can feel it cleans your skin well.

Positive to mixed feelings

Yeah, couldn't stay away from the Cetaphil craze (whether good or bad), either. XD Liked the creamy, liquid texture; lathered up with very little foaming. Took this to be a good sign, since in my experience excessively foaming cleansers tend to strip my face of moisture. *_* Left on my (very) light skin makeup to see how much Cetaphil could remove on its own--anything that reduces the amount of makeup remover needed is a huge plus in my book! ^_^ Was a little disappointed to see how little was removed, but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ After a few days of using the product I definitely noticed improvement around my forehead and jawline. My complexion looked a lot healthier, too. =) Skin felt very supple, so much that moisturizer was unnecessary. The biggest drawback of Cetaphil for me were the parabens included in its ingredients list. Had mixed feelings (I'm pretty cautious about this stuff, lol), so I decided to search for something better: found what I wanted in CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser for Normal Skin :D. TL;DR If you care neither for a product's makeup-removing ability nor its ingredient list, I recommend this product to you.

Comments

I honestly don't understand why so many people recommend cetaphil as a cleanser. My skin does NOT feel clean whenever I use this. I tried cleaning a makeup sponge with this to see if it actually cleans anything on my face, and nothing came off. I used a pea size of Dan Kern's cleanser, and the makeup on my sponge easily came off! How is cetaphil cleansing in any way???

You don't use a separate makeup removing wipe/micellar water/oil to remove your makeup?

LOVE!!!!

Let me start off by saying I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin. Just about anything I put on my face will break me out. I have tried numerous different face washes that continuously broke me out and made my skin tone awful. I have been using this wonder cleanser for about ten years and will NEVER go without. Just one pump will clean your face completely and leave your face feeling smooth.Does not cause me to break out (other things do of course). I'm sure you guys will love it just as much as I do. Just try it, you won't regret it!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this skin cleanser!!

How do you use it ? I mean with water or without water

Good for Winter

I have used this product but I can only use it in the winter when my is drier. I like the consistency and it makes my skin soft but not sure how clean it is getting. I also don't think it removes my make-up very well. Overall I like it but can only use it seasonally.

No water

Use this without water and get ready for clear skin. It will take some time to see results but trust and believe you will never see acne again. If you have questions post to my wall. I know a lot about acne and skin care. I have tried everything and I research a lot. I can help you clear your skin. Also when you try this, for two weeks or so don't use makeup or moisturizer. Or water. People break out when using this with makeup or sometimes due to a moisturizer not agreeing with their skin, then they blame this. Just use this alone so you know what's going on. Trust me this is the deal right here. You won't ever look back. What you do: do one cheek by rubbing a medium amount on your cheek. Rub for about 30 seconds up and down or circular motions. I like going up and down because it gets rid of dead skin. Dead skin cells cause acne, OIL does not!!!! Look it up. Oil is actually good for your skin bc it's acidic and kills acne. You do not want to rub your skin dry and get rid of your acidic oil. Okay so then do your other cheek the same way. Then lastly do your forehead. Do not use a Wash cloth. Wash cloths are abrasive and harsh. Yes they get rid of dead skin better but they dry you out. They rid your natural oils and protective barrier. You need your skin to be hydrated in order to battle acne. Dry skin does not properly exfoliate itself. So basically do that method each night. Do it once a day. Unless you sweat at night. Then do it in the morning. Just remember to be gentle when rubbing and avoid water at all costs. Water dries the skin. Avoid it in the shower too. Put your head away from the water. You may think that's dirty but read the back of the bottle, it says no no no no water. If you're like .."well water cleans my skin I have to use it"...LET me tell you that this is cleaning your skin. It already has water which is purified, which is better than mineralized tap water that dries your skin.. Also the ph of this is balanced so when you add water you throw it off. Your skin needs to be at the proper ph to function correctly. Just use this and you will never look back again. Once your done using this, post To my wall and I'll let you know which moisturizer to use. And makeup.

One more thing I forgot to mention, when you rub this on your cheek, form a CREAMYYYYYY consistency!!!!!! Make a creamy lather. I'll say it again. Make a creamy lather. In that lather ...you'll see dead skin. Quickly swipe it off your cheek with the other hand. Put that excess on a clean cloth. Then do your next cheek. You have to keep rubbing gently until you see a creamy lather. Then remove it immediately before moving onto the next cheek. Your motion should be up and down, using your hands. Making a creamy lather!!! LOL. Do your cheek first, then swipe. Next cheek...swipe. Forehead ..swipe. Nose...swipe. Chin...swipe. Do you see how each one was done separately???? You have to do each part separately and you have to swipe it off immediately after doing that part. Why?????? Bc if you move onto the next cheek without swiping the Cleanser off the other cheek ..it will absorb and be harder to remove...and then you have to rub harder!!!!! You need to be gentle. Rubbing dries the skin out which creates dehydrated skin. Acne thrives in dehydrated skin..where the acid mantle is off balance and lacking in moisture. Dehydrated skin produces extra sebum which causes acne. People...sebum or aka oil is GREAT but too much causes acne!!!! We need our acidic oil to prevent acne but when it's in overdrive...say hi to acne. Yuck. Our friends with clear skin do not have dry and oily skin. We..... with acne have dry and oily skin. That's not dry skin!!! It's called dehydrated skin. Do this method and I promise you will have clear skin within weeks. ���� Now for those that think they can be gentle with a dry washcloth...do that!! You can swipe it off with a washcloth. Results are faster however I don't like washcloths bc they can irritate my skin.
A creamy, cloudy white lather. Lol.
Question, so I have the cetaphil normal to dry skin cleanser. So when I'm about to wash my face, I don't apply water to my face before washing my face? And I just put on the cleanser straight to my face with no water?
Hi, my cetaphil cleanser is a very watery consistency... I'm from the US and bought it in the UK and I'm not sure if this is normal. And when I put it on my face, it's so watery, it literally just starts dripping. Also, I have incredibly oily skin in the morning from waking up... do you still advise not to wash in the morning? One last thing, I also bought the cetaphil moisturizer with it, and would u recommend only using that once or twice a day? And do you think I should just use the cleanser by itself at first, or combine it with the moisturizer immediately? Thank you!!!
It must say Cetaphil gentle GENTLE Cleanser. Not the other one love. This one has no fragrance aka smell. Apply to dry skin that is not damp or wet. Work that cleanser in using your fingertips and go up and down. Work it till you see a white creamy look. Keep working it and then quickly swipe it off with your other hand and finger...or a textured wash cloth. Do nottttttttttt use a tissue!!! Omg I did that and I still got acne. You want to remove that dead skin build up. Acne is caused by dead skin not OIL!!!!!!! Anyone who has oily and dry skin has acne. Skin shouldn't feel tight. The reason why you think acne is caused by oil is bc you strip your acid mantle which then produces way too much oil. Then that oil gets trapped in your dead skin and hair follicle. Also when you use other products they get trapped in dead skin...and hi acne. Just use this Cleanser alone with no water...no makeup...no nothing!!! Do it for a month. You may get worst before better. I did. Why? Bc the cleanser was rubbing acne spots and touching other parts of my face. It spread. But slowly my skin became clear. Be patient..this method is the deal. I never let water touch my face. And if I do by accident...I let it dry and use my cleanser hours later. I never use water with my cleanser. I also dry shave with this. This stuff got rid of my eczema too. So like I said rub it with your finger tips and work it. Don't go too hard though. If your rub too hard, it will dry out your skin and well then your skin will overproduce oil to make up for the loss oil and dryness. Use this once a night and if you sweat while sleeping...then morning too..sweat is irritating and has salt..which can dry skin out. I know this sounds gross but this cleans your skin!!!! It already has purified water in it. Btw..the point of using your finger tips or textured TEXTURED cloth is it acts as an exfoliater. We have acne bc our skin doesn't shed properly. Our dead skin traps oil. If you're just rubbing slowly...this won't work. Just be gentle but rub enough to get rid of that dead skin. And stop wishing your face so much. That's why you get acne. Your skin becomes dry and then it produces more oil. I bet if you use this once a night..that oil will go down. It takes time to see that. About a month. Slowly my dead skin and oil went down. No my skin looks clear. I don't even need makeup. Just use this aloneeee. Also for anyone who uses other products with this..and isn't seeing results...I cnt help you. Why? Bc this works alone. Your products could be causing breakouts. If you're someon who wants makeup or creams...do this: use this Cleanser alone with nothing else for a month or two and then introduce other things. I say this bc you need to use this alone so you know for sure that this works. People say this doesn't work when they are using other things. Use this alone. For a month at least. hope this helps guys
Can I use Bio Oil along ?
Should I apply before or after taking a bath?
Apply the cleanser once a night, before or after a shower and never in the shower. Don't let water touch your face. Do it once a night. If you wash too much you will get acne. People who wash their face too much over produce oil and get acne. In fact, I have seen results from washing my face every two days at night only. What I did was I started out using Cetaphil once daily at night for a few months to clear up acne. The next step was I reduced the amount of times I used the Cleanser. Every two days. At night only. I came to my senses bc I was like why is my forehead so clear and my face has acne????? I realized I only washed my forehead every few days. I was also like why is my chin so clear and upper lip. I was like ...wait...I hardly wash these areas! My point is less is MORE people. Now after six months of using Cetaphil at night every two days, I now use it every other night. I use it for ten seconds on my face without rubbing. I then apply the Cetaphil cream. I started off with Vanicream after six months. Then I switched bc Vanicream has silica in it (simethone) which gets rid of acne!!!!!!!! I swear this cream gets rid of acne. Put it on a pimple and it's gone. But I stopped using it bc its drying. Silica is a mineral that absorbs oil. So recap: use Cetaphil once at night or twice if you sweat. Use the rubbing method I explained for until acne is gone. Don't rub too hard. Next, reduce the amount of times you use it to every two days so your acid mantle repairs. Do it for two months. Then...use it for ten seconds at night adding Vanicream. Then switch the moisturizer if you want. I like the Cetaphil cream. It gave me acne at first but that's bc I had a lot of dead skin build up. If anyone wants to know the full routine in detail message me.
Also do not use bio oil. This is the method in case You can't message me: first use the rubbing method that I explained in my posts for as long as you have acne. Use it once a night or twice if you sweat in the morning. This method you rub until you see a creamy cloudy lather and dead skin. See what I said down below. Once acne is gone, reduce the amount of times you cleanse to once every two days at night. Now InStead of rubbing until you see dead skin, just rub for ten seconds. Again, no water. In no TIME whatsoever did I mention add makeup or lotion or anything!!! Just this Cleanser. Do this for two months or whatever. A month even. It doesn't matter. Finally....use the Cleanser once a night or every other night and add Vanicream CREAM. Not lotion. Use it to keep acne away. This lotion is proven to get rid of acne but it's drying in my opinion. If you find it Moisturizing..there's your routine!!!! Be free of acne. I changed to Cetaphil cream but it's not for everyone!!! When it comes to lotion or creams it depends on your skin. I never say one size fits all. So test it out. That's why I say up above don't use makeup etc bc that's adding extra stuff which can cause acne. And I don't know you personally and your skin. If you follow this routine to the exact your skin will clear up slowly. Good luck!
So I started this a little less than a week ago and there doesn't really seem to be any change... I have been broken out on my chin for so long, and I just need something to really work. I have been trying to be very conscious to not touch my face or pick at things as well. I haven't been putting any other creams or makeup or anything on, and I just do it once at night. My skin always feels nice afterward, but I feel like nothing is really happening. Do I just need to wait longer to see even any kind of results..? Or should I add that vanicream stuff or something of the sort?
Hye. And what about gentle cleanser for acne-prone and eczema-prone for body not for the face? Is it still good for body as well?? Thank you
hello, so I just bought the Cleanser but I work out in the mornings and at nights so i was wondering if it is better if i use it twice a day bc i sweat? I Also bought the moisturiser lotion, is it good and helps with acne or will just make it worse?
what if there's existing pimples in your cheek? should we rub and burst the pimple with the gentle cleanser as well?

Save my skin

I read on so many reviews about benzoyl peroxide so I decided to try it on myself starting with the 2.5%. The next day after I tried it on, my skin started to swollen so bad it looks like balloon. I went to the doctor and he said that it turned out that my skin is allergic to BP. It hurts so terrible my skin was dry, flaky, swollen, it hurts even when I try to wash my face. I tried to wash my face with cetaphil it does sting a little bit because my skin was irritated. I also add the cetaphil cream moisturiser to my regimen. But it turns out even worst. I cant really apply anything to my irritated face. So i decided just to wash my face with cetaphil cleanser. It has been 6 days after I got my allergic injection with continuously eating my meds. my skin has finally improved. I learned that the cleanser is soooo gentle even though my skin was hurting so so so bad. I will never stop using it!

This is what you should do. I'm a user of the Cleanser for 9 years now but have been using it wrong. Use it without water. Do one cheek without water using your hand and use the other hand to wipe excess off. Do the other cheek the same way. Then do the forehead. If you read the back of the bottle you can use it without water and you should. Research shows that water dries your skin out. After you clean with Cetaphil apply Vanicream (the cream of lotion). Apply a lot. You will break out the first five days or so but after that your skin will be smooth and beautiful. Do this routine at night and once a night. The morning do absolutely nothing. Get rid of the BP. That strips your delicate skin. Your skin needs moisture in order to naturally exfoliate itself. The BP is only temporarily exfoliating your dead skin cells when the underlying cause of your acne is stripped skin. I have tried everything from Retin A to every drug store brand. The only two routines that work is this one and the caveman regimen. Any questions just ask.

Didn’t help, didn’t hurt

I used this product when I was in my teens and didn’t know any better. The internet wasn’t as robust as it is now so it was hard to really find out people’s honest feelings and results so I just went with what was available in the grocery store. Plus back then, there just wasn’t the options that there are now. My acne in my teens wasn’t really that bad so once I hit my 20’s, I just started using whatever facial soap was available and I thought my zits were a thing of the past. Not so much. Now in my early 40’s, 3 kids into the picture and all of a sudden, my cheeks, chin and nose are crazy. The acne is bad pretty much all the time but definitely worse during “that time of the month�. At first, I bought this product again, because it is what I used way back when. There was absolutely no change in my acne at all. It definitely didn’t get worse, so I guess there is that. But it didn’t get better. And like other people have mentioned below, there is this kind of filmy, residue that is left after you rinse it off. I guess it is supposed to feel like a moisturizer but to me, it feels dirty. Plus side is that it is relatively cheap so I didn’t feel bad throwing it out. But now that I have found a product that actually clears up acne (yay), I can say that this is not an acne-reducing product at all. My sister introduced me to Ninja and since then my acne has minimized to the point , in three months, that I am almost back to normal. Which is just an amazing feeling. I didn’t realize how much acne can affect one’s mood and self esteem.So nice to have good skin back - but this cetaphil stuff is not the way to go about attacking acne IMHO.

What product did you use right now?