Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Ordinary product

It does its job - cleansed the skin. It doesn't strip the skin of the moisture, so doesn't get rid of the oiliness, but hey, it is supposed to be for all skin types. I used this when I had really bad acne and my skin was so raw and sensitive. After the phase, I used it as a body wash and hand soap.

OH GOD

Sooo I started to use this because it was recommended to my friend by her dermatologist and it had good reviews. I used it for a couple of days and it DRIED ME OUT, I got reddish dry flaky skin, it made my pores look HUGE even under makeup... that being said, it doesnt even feel like it's properly cleaning my face? I discontinued use today because my face way unbearably dry and itchyyy... Idk why everyone recommends this..

Too Good Too Be True

I've used this product for 5 years straight. I started with listening to the media and using Neutrogena, don't get me wrong their products are pretty good. but Cetaphil doesn't dry my skin off and it cleans the pores and oils. If removing oil is a problem, try using a scrub before the cleanser

Lifesaver

I never post reviews on anything but feel like I should with this. I had a sudden acne outbreak when I got to 26, all over my cheeks and jaw. I was prescribed Duac and Doxycycline. Duac helped a little, but made my face super dry and itchy, doxycycline maybe helped a little, but then I read reviews about cetaphil on here. It has honestly helped so so much. I've never had perfect skin, and still haven't but cetaphil has cleared up my acne loads. I don't get spots like I did before, just a few red bumps maybe (which I used to get anyway), so I just pop sudocrem on and that does the trick. It has reduced the redness massively. I was at the point where I wanted to cancel my holiday because I didn't want to have to wear make up everyday to cover my skin (which I knew would make it worse still, but didn't want people to see my skin). I've also used Aztec clay healing mask mixed a couple of times a week with apple cider vinegar which seems to reduce the redness loads too. And people saying it doesn't clean your skin, I use this to remove all of my makeup, and it literally removes all traces of it...

Comments

Bit fat disappointment for me!

Was so hopeful this would work. I loved how it didn't have loads of ingredients in it, and when I saw in a magazine that Eva Green used this (she of the perfect porcelain skin), I was like whoop!! Skin heaven here I come. Nope. Nope. Nope. I used it for a week and it broke me out all over my forehead and nose, where I never usually get zits! I hoped this was just a purge spell, but after three weeks I couldn't take the nasty itchy bumps that had gradually spread across my face which took weeks to go down! Sad to say, will not use again.

Eek and ew

I have to say I never really liked this stuff but for some reason had always heard it was good for your skin. Everyone said it moisturized it while cleaning it. But I never really felt clean after using it. Like there was always a layer of slime left coating my skin. No matter how much water I used to get it off. I just thought that must be the moisturizing element or something. Anyways, so then I started doing some research and there are some ingredients in there that are no bueno for acne prone skin (ceta-alcohol or something like that, I forget the exact name). once I learned that, I stopped using it immediately which was easy since I didn't like it that much in the first place.

Too gentle

It does what it said, "gentle" (I'll give this one 2 stars) But that's all. In my oily pan-face, it couldn't clean anything really. Might be good for someone has sensitive skin.

maybe u should to try oily skin cleanser by cetaphil?

*Dora voice* Kids, can you spell wack?

First of all, this sh1t ain't do nun to my skin. Second of all, this sh1t mad expensive. Don't buy this sh1t. It is wack and it doesn't do dog sh1t, matterfact even dog sh1t does more than product. A whole @ss waste of money, this sh1t is so overhyped. Conclusion; This sh1t is W-A-C-K, wack. But now that you're here anyway follow my social medias xx: Twitter: @[censored] @[censored] Ig: @[censored] @[censored]

Great

I've been using this for a few days. At first I was surprised by the texture, it's quite watery and doesn't foam up. My skin is acne prone and combination, it's quite moisturising, no dryness, no oiliness. Leaves the skin feeling clean. After a couple of days using this, my skin started feeling VERY SOFT. I haven't broken out so far. I would recommend this for all skin types!

Cetaphil gentle cleanser review

I have been using this product for more than 6 months. My type of skin was oily and prone to get whiteheads. Since i work in a hospital environment i tend to touch my face alot unconciously. Initially it felt weird to use this without water to wash my face. Then wash it with cold water. Pat dry my face and apply cetaphil lotion (pea size amount coz i realised the formula is thick) massage to face After doing this rotine for a while my face improved alot. Not much breakout only one or 2. Pore on my nose got smaller. I am happy with both products i use. And will keep on useing this rotine fir a very long time☺�

so far so good

i have been using this for two days and it has already cleared up most pimples i have. it feels great and i love that its fragrance free as my skin is quite sensitive. (i use it twice a day, applying warm water to my face first, then massaging in the cleanser for about 2-5 minutes, and then i wash it off with cold water before patting my face dry with a towel) i will be sure to update if i see any changes!

Comments

So gentle for acneic skin

I find this a lovely cleanser for my face. It doesn't dry out my skin like so many face washes do and it even leaves my skin feeling a bit moisturized while using certain drying acne treatments. Inexpensive, easy to find, and effective.

Comments

Broke me out very slowly

I absolutely love the Cetaphil moisturizer, it works well with my very sensitive skin that is coping with a still unknown allergy or ailment as I used Elidel topical before a next derm visit. So, I would naturally try to switch to this cleanser as well thinking it would benefit me in the long run. Nope. In the beginning, I liked the scent as it smelled like potent hard candy. It really was gentle on my skin--non foaming and it glided smoothly as I washed. I didn't feel a lot of oils strip away so I was happy about that. I felt moisturized. All was good until more weeks passed by. I thought it was just my hormones acting up, but I noticed I slowly had more and more clogged pores. Whiteheads, some blackheads, and lots of new large pimples began to surface! My face also felt like sand paper and was more bumpy than usual I was afraid to look in the mirror with the sun hitting my face. I just prevailed though and used an oil cleanser as well to exfoliate, but that didn't help. I then realized it was this cleanser, I felt so bad because it was putting back any progress I was trying to make! I stopped using this right away, and only washed with warm water for a couple of days and then re-introduced the Cetaphil moisturizer. What a difference. It's been almost a week and 60% of the sandpaper texture on my face is gone. I also no longer have huge breakouts. What a shame. Edit: I'm giving this another chance just to finish the bottle since I've been using Avar LS now which is amazing, and I'm not getting any of the above effects anymore. I just wouldn't use Cetaphil cleanser alone.

Comments

Didn't completely clear my acne

I had moderate to severe acne and after just using this product with Simple replenishing rich moisturizer, I still had mild acne with clogged pores. I'm not complaining because my skin has been much worse. This product makes my oily, acne prone skin feel soft and clean. However, I need a medicated product like Stridex max strength pads to really help with the rest of the acne. 4 starts because it cleans my face and makes it feel good but it hasn't cleared my acne after a year and a half of use.

Great cleanser

I was fooling around with a lot of facial cleansers and I couldn't find one that would get rid of my acne. I started to use cetaphil because so many people recommended it online so I gave it a try. It felt weird a first, almost like my face wasn't clean, usually it would feel a little squeekey and I hated that feeling because I felt like all my good oils were being stripped away but I guess it was cleaning my face because even though it felt weird I was super moisturized after and my acne slowly started to go away. Along with starting to drink more water and sleeping more my acne was minimized by 90% and now I don't think I will ever change my cleanser because it is so gentle and reduces my acne.

be careful this product has a chemical that can cause cancer

Give it a chance.

I have the most sensitive skin in the world. It is acne prone, for the last 2 years at least. I was only washing my face with coconut oil and that was doing alright. As an athlete I sweat a lot and I needed something to clean more. If you are looking for something to clean your face, this is it. It is fragrance free, and as someone who can't even do a light fragrance, this wash is amazing. I have oily skin, and I do NOT need a moisturizer after using this. I am allergic to Salycilic Acid, and most acne fighting chemicals make my skin itch. Cetaphil does NOT. This is finally what I've been looking for and I hope I can help someone too.

Jatuh Cinta!

Akhirnya masa masa pencarian sabun muka telah berakhir! Yippie!! Ngerasa ketemu jodoh deh! Walaupun produk ini lumayan pricey, tapi kalau sering sering ke drugstore ntar sering diskon juga kok. Hehehe pokoknya lope lope lah sama cetaphil😘

ok to remove makeup

I tried this as a way to remove my makeup instead of using wipes before cleansing my face with my proper cleanser tailored for acne. It worked ok and did remove my makeup although I've tried other cleansers that do a batter job of removing all traces of foundation. I don't think I would use this as a stand alone product, I always used my cleanser afterwards that contained salicylic acid and tea tree to help calm my skin and I don't think this would be able to replace that. it didn't break me out though and it did the job so I ended up using the bottle up but I won't be repurchasing.

Comments

Use this AFTER you clean your face with make up remover

I have bad acne, whitehead, and acne scars. First I use make up remover than cleans your make up. Usually, after this my face is still oily and I feel the leftover make up still clogs my pores. This is the purpose of Cetaphil. Cleans the pores of my bare face. Use this on dry skin! Don't rinse your face with water before applying Cetaphil. You can feel it cleans your skin well.

Positive to mixed feelings

Yeah, couldn't stay away from the Cetaphil craze (whether good or bad), either. XD Liked the creamy, liquid texture; lathered up with very little foaming. Took this to be a good sign, since in my experience excessively foaming cleansers tend to strip my face of moisture. *_* Left on my (very) light skin makeup to see how much Cetaphil could remove on its own--anything that reduces the amount of makeup remover needed is a huge plus in my book! ^_^ Was a little disappointed to see how little was removed, but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ After a few days of using the product I definitely noticed improvement around my forehead and jawline. My complexion looked a lot healthier, too. =) Skin felt very supple, so much that moisturizer was unnecessary. The biggest drawback of Cetaphil for me were the parabens included in its ingredients list. Had mixed feelings (I'm pretty cautious about this stuff, lol), so I decided to search for something better: found what I wanted in CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser for Normal Skin :D. TL;DR If you care neither for a product's makeup-removing ability nor its ingredient list, I recommend this product to you.

Comments

I honestly don't understand why so many people recommend cetaphil as a cleanser. My skin does NOT feel clean whenever I use this. I tried cleaning a makeup sponge with this to see if it actually cleans anything on my face, and nothing came off. I used a pea size of Dan Kern's cleanser, and the makeup on my sponge easily came off! How is cetaphil cleansing in any way???

You don't use a separate makeup removing wipe/micellar water/oil to remove your makeup?

LOVE!!!!

Let me start off by saying I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin. Just about anything I put on my face will break me out. I have tried numerous different face washes that continuously broke me out and made my skin tone awful. I have been using this wonder cleanser for about ten years and will NEVER go without. Just one pump will clean your face completely and leave your face feeling smooth.Does not cause me to break out (other things do of course). I'm sure you guys will love it just as much as I do. Just try it, you won't regret it!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this skin cleanser!!

How do you use it ? I mean with water or without water

Good for Winter

I have used this product but I can only use it in the winter when my is drier. I like the consistency and it makes my skin soft but not sure how clean it is getting. I also don't think it removes my make-up very well. Overall I like it but can only use it seasonally.

Popular Liquid