Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

Loved it

I loved the bar so much. I suggest not using it in the morning considering it makes your face red at first but what I like to do is use my Bioré charcoal cleanser (wash it off) then apply this and massage my face. I end by putting on toner and moisturizer. I have really oily skin and some of these reviews talk about how it is better for dry skin. I found that it got rid of my pimples without fully drying it out and gave a smooth texture at the end. It really just depends if it suits your skin.

Safe product

I always seem to go back to this cleanser when others either, dry my face out or don't clean it well enough. In my journey of looking for the right products to clear my acne prone combo skin this has been the safest bet. I have found the best way to use this is to allow it to lather in your hands and than apply gently rather than rubbing the bar directly on your skin, this way it will not irritate if you have sensitive skin like me.

great for body/neck acne

very gentle, rich lather, with some moisturizing components. I don't enjoy using bar soap on my face but I use this on my chest, back, neck, and ears. would recommend.

super drying

I wanted to try somehing that was gentle on my skin, (which has eczema) but this was not gentle. It left my face feeling tight and it just didnt feel good at all. It did not break me out or anything. I will continue to use it up until it finishes but sadly this just wasnt for me.

Amazing

If you have dry skin like myself this is the product for you. I was hesitant to use this because I initially thought that it would dry out my skin due to the fact that it replicates a bar of soap. I was extremely surprised to find out that not only did this cleansing bar not dry out my skin, but it seemed to lock in the moisture. This is the first over the counter product I have ever used that hasn't dried out my skin. Just to be clear, this is a cleanser, it's not going to fight your acne. When I began using this I was not using any acne creams with it and I broke out. This cleansing bar paired with an acne treatment works wonders. I live in Canada and it comes with a $2 off coupon every single time I buy it so it only ends up costing me $3, and it lasts about a month. Great value! If you are like me and have dry skin, this is a great product.

User152894

Did not see the difference

Did not really work for me. Left skin feeling soft though. But did not prevent breakouts on my skin.

Dan

If you're going to use a bar with The Regimen, this is a good choice

Inexpensive Lasts a long time Rich, thick lather Lingering scent I used this bar for about a year, about 10 years ago. I tried it again recently and remember why I liked it. The lather is truly rich and thick. This makes cleansing a super-low irritation experience since your hands glide so easily over the skin. The thick lather also works brilliantly as a shaving "cream." Overall, this bar does not leave me feeling overly dry. It does its job of removing surface oils without overstripping. However, it does have a distinct scent that sticks around. Long after I've left the shower and arrive at work, my hands still smell. Luckily it's not a horrible scent, but I would much prefer to not carry the scent along with me throughout my day.

Sodium chloride is pore clogging according to research I have done on line so why does your website not identify it has pore clogging
Honey, sodium chloride is salt.
Thanks for this, Dan! I've been using this bar with the Regimen since I really appreciate the thick lather.

Great for sensitive skin Does not dry skin Works well in combination with other products Messy and wastes a lot if you leave in shower Difficult for traveling with Less effective over time My sister-in-law recommended this cleanser for me because I am prone to cysts. Using the cleanser in the morning and at night worked well and I noticed a decrease in my acne. I did find that after a while (as with all cleansers) my skin became "used to" the cleanser and began to break-out again. I now use this in the morning and a stronger cleanser to wash off my make-up at night that targets acne a little better.

Comments

-Doesn't cause acne. -Doesn't irritate skin. -Good for sensitive skin. -Doesn't prevent and clear acne. -Hasn't done much to my skin. -Isn't good for oily skin. My skin is oily, sensitive. I've got a lot of pimples on my forehead, and Cetaphil isn't clearing this off. My skin is still really oily and shiny after I use this bar. The bar lasts long - but I've wanted to try the skin cleanser for a long time. It hasn't added to my pimples, hasn't irritated my skin (like other soap bars do), and is the best bar I've use for sensitive skin (only bar - maybe, that I've used). For people who don't have oily skin and not much pimples, this is recommended.

Guest Anon
Guest Anon

Doesn't clog pores Smells good Helps with acne Leaves skin smooth and clear Doesn't remove all makeup Can dry out skin I have bought this product yesterday and already saw a drastic change in my face. The troublesome whiteheads on both sides of my cheeks that were purging red decreased in size and redness. This bar smells good, helps clear up acne, doesn't clog your pores, and leaves your skin smooth and clear! I'm going to continue using and buying if effectiveness doesn't wear off.

Comments

Cheap, removes oil without drying, great for long term use as your skin changes with age. Not easily portable for traveling I've had mild to moderate acne for almost 15 years and have tried many of the products on this site at one time or another. I wish I found this product sooner. It removes oil without over drying. I've never had a problem with redness or irritation. My skin feels comfortable. The other cleansers by this brand were either too drying, or left too much oil, but as Goldilocks would say, "This one is just right". Keep in mind, it's a cleanser, not a cure.

Comments

gentle smells great gets my makeup off tightens skin, which gets clears my pimples very drying, which is weird cause its for dry skin i love this. i'm a picker. i pick my pimples and make them bleed and scab. this is a miracle. its not only clearing out my pores and stopping new pimples, but its making the scabs i still have and the open ones heal seriously quick. the only thing i dont like is that i have seriously dry skin and this is seriously drying. considering its meant for dry skin...idk. its worth it. a moisturizer does the trick. so great. im forever with cetaphil!

FLA

My acne cleared up dramatically in 2 days after use. My face does not dry out and I actually started using less acne medication creams. Doesnt remove all of my makeup so I have to use a different cleanser for when I wear foundation OMG I am stocking up on this soap. I would give it 5 stars if it could remove all of my makeup as well, but I would really give it a 4.5

Guest BP
Guest BP

-Lathers very well (good for shaving) -Uses less packaging/plastic than a liquid cleanser -Very drying I use this every day in the morning to shave, and it serves that purpose well. However, at night I prefer to use the cetaphil liquid cleanser, which I simply find to be less drying (and thus less irritating).

Guest Sari
Guest Sari

gentle removes makeup tested on animals disintegrates if left in shower I've been using this bar for over a year in conjunction with the regimen. overall it has certainly worked well, although I have still never been 100% clear. it does what Ken suggests a cleanser should, which is to clean your skin without having any anti-acne properties of its own. because this cleanser is very mild and easy to use, I never really thought that much about it until I found out it was tested on animals. I plan on writing to Cetaphil to let them know how disappointed I am by this, and that they have lost my business until they reverse their practices. as much as I want clear skin I'm not okay with harming and killing animals to get it. although I'm frustrated that I need to search for something new, this cleanser was not anything super special to being with, so perhaps my search will lead me to something better! off to scour this website for the next thing ...

Guest Thomas
Guest Thomas

Helps prevent breakouts Not perfect. Leaves skin feeling tight and looking shiny Skin dries out a huge amount. Give it a try if you don't have sensitive skin.

Comments

Gives skin a nice looking tone. Quick and easy to use nice smell comes in bar form surprisingly dries out my face, but everything does I use to use proactiv for years. I became really sick of the amount of time it took, and i was convinced that it was giving me more acne. This bar has worked pretty well. Hasnt completely cleared everything up, still a pimple or two. My favorite part is the ease of using it, probably because I came from the 10 min long proactiv nightmare.

Comments

cleanses without overdrying removes makeup well medicine-like odor My skin has become quite dry and sensitive since using Spironolactone; I had to ditch the acne washes and find something specifically for dry skin; this does the trick! Cleasnes without overdrying. It's the perfect solution.

Guest morgan
Guest morgan

makes my skin feel clean but not to dry. decreases the redness in my Irish skin. i can use it morning and night and my skin has just the right amount of oil on it. none. i don't have the sense of smell so to me it smells like air. i love it. it has a great lather that feels so soft on my skin. instead of redness all over i just see freckles and skin.

Guest Mitch
Guest Mitch

-Does an excellent job cleansing the skin -Feels great on the skin while cleansing - Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) -Mild dryness after using it Perfect for cleansing your face. Use it morning and night. My dermatologist also says it's probably the best facial cleanser to use.

Guest Daisy
Guest Daisy

Cleans face of dirt and makeup. KIlled my skin!!! DO NOT USE unless you want to end up with dry, peeling, leather-like skin. I used to have pretty normal looking skin ( texture) until I started using this. My skin is horrible now thanks to this. It resembles snake skin. DO NOT use this for your FACE. It will give you chronic dry, peeling skin. My face looks horrible after using this. I don't think this is meant for your face, mainly for your body. It's just too harsh and drying. Use, the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser instead. It's very gentle.

Guest Strive To Resist
Guest Strive To Resist

Lathers well, smells nice (like any good soap), doesn't dry skin, rinses clean, soothes None This is the best cleanser I've found yet. I recently had a very bad reaction to my regular regimin (don't know the trigger) but this has soothed my skin and kept it very clean and fresh-feeling. I bought it because my skin got very sensitive and dry, and the dryness is actually improving and my skin rarely flares up like it did before.

Guest MarKat
Guest MarKat

great overall face soap, good for sensitive skin, lathers really well its a bar? I have used this face soap for years and love it.. I just recently figured out how well it lathers. rub the bar in your hand for a while and then really rub your hands together and feel the lather.. the lather is so soft and seems to clean my skin a bit better. it cleans my makeup off well, doesn't make my skin feel dry like most other things i've tried, makes my skin pretty soft... overall, great soap.

Guest Nida
Guest Nida

cleans very well, maybe a little too well stripped my skin dry, smells a little strong, i didn't like the texture of the product on my fingers, very hard to lather, made my skin feel very tight bottom line is that i'd use this bar only as a last resort.

Guest Natasha
Guest Natasha

I love the fragrance, it is cheap and it didn't leave my skin oily or dry and just left it feeling clean. Also it even reduced the redness to my skin from ance. None. Everyone's skin is different but it worked very well on my oily/dry combination skin. It has made all the difference for me, actually.

Popular Bar