x

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer, SPF 30 reviews

3.3/5 - 22 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Moisturizer, SPF 30

Avobenzone (3%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%).

Water, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 61, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Gluconate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine.

Not good
Reviewed on October 4, 2017

I liked that it was 30spf but it felt greasy on my face and caused me to breakout.

Amazing over benzoyl peroxide
Reviewed on September 14, 2017

I use this moisturizer over benzoyl peroxide and it works like a charm. I have not experienced any breakouts, and suggest adding a few drops of Argan or Jojoba oil to add extra moisture. I stay in a relatively high uva/uvb climate and since dermacontrol is broad spectrum it helps. I would recommens this to anyone suffering from acne and the sun conscious.

Made me break out!
Reviewed on August 13, 2017

Was so excited to try! On the packaging it says that it controls oil, has SPF, doesn't clog pores, basically perfect for someone like me! But when I applied it, it LITERALLY JUST FEELS LIKE SUNSCREEN ON UR SKIN... felt greasy, made my skin sting and it made my skin look oily too soooo.... and after a while I noticed that i've started breaking out... thought it was this other moisturizer, so i stopped using that one, and kept using this... still breaking out ... sooooo, I do not recommend this

Horrid Dry Skin
Reviewed on July 19, 2017

I used this as part of my routine following the wash that is supposed to go with it. When put on felt nice but after barely 10 minutes of it being on my face it would feel oily and tight, if i would take my hand and rub my face with it still on, it left a nasty film that would flake off onto my hands, gross. If I left it on more then 30 minutes and then washed it off, after a day or so my skin would get terrible dry patches from it. As well as that it overall did nothing to help my breakouts and just made my face feel disgusting.

Was so good for the first few days!
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

I love how this stuff feels, and it does control oil for me. The only downside is it makes me break out. I got lots of whiteheads after using this for a while and I was so disappointed. I love Cetaphil products but this was a big let down.

I'll pass
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

I was using this moisturizer along with Cetaphil's DermaControl forming cleanser. I was iffy with this moisturizer and would use it off and on. I wasn't moisturizing my face for the a while and my face got bone dry. I decided to give this moisturizer a chance and use it daily. Well later on in found out it was the cause of my break outs at the time. I cut the moisturizer out and my break outs did decrease. Moisturizers are a hit or miss for me and are mainly misses.. so I'm still on the hunt for a good one for my acne/oily skin. But this one is for sure not for me.

increased breakouts
Reviewed on August 20, 2016

It took me way too long to figure out this product was aggravating my breakouts instead of helping. I assumed because it was for acne prone skin, I would see improvement, so I kept using it. Finally I stopped and started using plain old olive oil as my moisturizer at night. My face started clearing. It did not clear completely until 2-3 weeks later when I stopped using the Dermacontrol Face Wash too. Constant breakouts like this did not happen with the regular Cetaphil, so I will go back to it or perhaps try the Trader Joe's equivalent. There is some ingredient in the Dermacontrol line that my skin reacts poorly to.

I'm sure for most people this product works great, but like most products, there is a subset of people for whom it does not work. I wish I was in the 'works great' group!

by aeonfluxx75 on 11/02/2016 03:43
This caused breakouts for me as well. After a couple of days small itchy bumps spread ALL over my face. I am part of that small subset, the one where everything that's supposed to help and works for most does nothing at all and/or goes horribly wrong.
meh.
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

For the first week I thought it was great, and for some people it might work but for me, it clogged my pores and I saw acne evolving again. Especially because after research I found out that this is a chemical sunscreen, not physical so yeah. It caused acne for me, luckily immediately after I found out I didn't use it anymore, so not much damage was made.

Doesn't cause new breakouts
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

It is hell trying to find an SPF when you are acne prone. I purchased this on a whim and it seems to working well (and by well, I mean causing no NEW breakouts). I don't think it does much in the "oil control" department, but it doesn't contribute to making it worse. Overall, I'd say it's a safe bet if you are looking for something that isn't going to cause any new acne but will also provide SPF. If I could find something better, I'd happily change though.

Don't hate it, don't love it.
Reviewed on July 7, 2016

This is a decent product but I would replace it in an instant if I found something better. I like that it has 30 SPF and doesn't leave my face white but this moisturizer does absolutely nothing for my oil. For now this moisturizer will do but I won't miss it when I find something better.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org