Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash reviews

3.4/5 - 23 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash

Water, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG 75, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Benzoate, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA.

Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Foam Wash, 8 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 22:17 UTC

Alright I Guess
Reviewed on July 19, 2017

It did not take off any of my makeup. As well the formula felt quite runny and not like very much of a foam as while washing my face with it, it would dry straight on to my skin before I rinsed off. It did little to nothing to help clear up my acne, the only thing it did to my face was make it feel tight and dry. I used the moisturizer along with it and that made things worse. I would not recomend this product as anything more then a normal face wash.

In love!
Reviewed on June 14, 2017

This wash is a life saver for my oily skin!! Works great with Epiduo Forte. I wash my makeup off with this awesome product!

It's ok
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

My dermatologist recommend this along with the moisturizer to use along with my prescribed creams. I understand why she recommend this because it's a basic, gentle forming cleanser that wont cause any reactions with my prescribed creams. I had to take a break from the creams because they weren't reacting well with my skin. So for the mean time I've been using this Cetaphil DermaControl line. For me the cleanser did nothing besides just clean the oil off my face (which it states it does), but it didn't do much for my acne and it sure did not prevent acne. This is just a basic gentle cleanser, it's not terrible but it's just not good for clearing up mild acne by itself.

Pretty Good!
Reviewed on January 21, 2017

I only wash my face with this when I haven't wore any makeup that day. If you apply it gently, and only wash for like 15-30 seconds, your skin won't over dry.

Repurchased many times
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I struggle with face washes because I feel like my skin freaks out if I use something with one wrong ingredient. The acne.org wash caused severe irritation because of ONE frigging ingredient (White Oak Bark Extract). This is great and I have been using this for over a year, but it does leave my skin feeling dryer than I'd like. I rotate new products occasionally, but haven't found one that beats this.

Made it worse?
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Iv'e been using this cleanser for around 5 months after I came to an article saying the more acne treatment you use the more acne it causes. I stopped using this cleanser and now I use the Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and boom, dryness, redness, and breakouts suddenly reduced. If you have mild acne I would recommend not using that many treatments for your face, as it could make it worse.

Didn't really do anything for my oil
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

I didn't really see any improvement in the oiliness of my face when I used this product. I ended up passing it on to my younger siblings who said it worked great for them, and it helped clear up their acne within weeks. I guess it works for some but not for others.

Saving Grace!
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

I've used this stuff for years prior to starting the regimen and it worked well as a cleanser, got my makeup off, left my face feeling pleasantly tight but not dry, and gave a really smooth appearance. Occasionally I would need to use a moisturizer during the season changes, but it was never too drying. The Acne.org cleanser has been really painful to use but it leaves my face feeling the same way this stuff does once my face dries, so I really see no point in using it instead of Cetaphil, but I want to give the regimen a solid try before I give up on any of the individual components.

Burns!
Reviewed on July 13, 2015

Used it for first time..controlled oil but burns skin and makes it red! Never again

One of the best oil control wash out there!
Reviewed on May 9, 2015

Its pricey in Singapore here about $30 and can only be found in special clinics. However, its a great product mainly to control oil on my face. It helps with acne a bit too. I used about 1 month to see a difference. I hope my skin will be clearer in the future by using it regularly!

by Nurulsyaf on 08/28/2016 11:07
Are you still using this? How your face now?