Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash

Gentle but Overdrying

Great for oil control - it completely strips the oil off my face but it does make it feel tight and a little dry, so I have to follow up with a good moisturizer, then I’m fine. I use it because I have sensitive skin with a lot of redness so I try to avoid any harsh cleansers or one’s that scrub. I don’t like using cleansers with soapy consistency, and this one foams up and is light and gentle. I can’t say that it does much for acne control, either. So I guess it’s so/so, and I’m using it until I find something that will help control breakouts and flare ups, and not dry me out so much.

works a bit

for me, This wash got rid of the oil, but didnt help prevent acne, or heal it. What has really helped to cure acne is just washing with plain water!! Although it will normally get worse before it gets better, because your face will have to adjust to not getting any product on it. Google Caveman regimen for more information.

Comments

Cetaphil oil control foam face wash?

Hello, I am trying to figure out what type of skin I have to know what products to use. My skin produces oil all over my face but gets tight and dry when harsh products are used such as St. Ives. It gets red and flaky and also itches really badly. I get new breakouts at least 2 times a week and majority are blackheads. I want to try cetaphils oil control foam wash but I'm a little scared because I've heard good and bad things about it. Any help?

Acne pop ups

I have been using this product for a little over a month. I started getting terrible acne neck, jawlines, and occasional big pimples. It dries out my skin after it only being on there for about 10 seconds. I get out of the shower, boom redness. I apply the moisturizer and it hardly even hydrates my skin. I am in desperate need of a facial washer to cure this acne and dryness. Please let me know of any. I do not recommend this product.

Houndstooth

Caused breakouts

I used this product along with the matching sunscreen moisturizer. It was good at first but after 2 months of use it started to make my face dry, red and caused me to breakout terribly.

Yes, I've been using this product for a month now. It has caused me to break out terribly. I'm not sure how to get rid of this acne now. What are you doing, now?

Alright I Guess

It did not take off any of my makeup. As well the formula felt quite runny and not like very much of a foam as while washing my face with it, it would dry straight on to my skin before I rinsed off. It did little to nothing to help clear up my acne, the only thing it did to my face was make it feel tight and dry. I used the moisturizer along with it and that made things worse. I would not recomend this product as anything more then a normal face wash.

It's ok

My dermatologist recommend this along with the moisturizer to use along with my prescribed creams. I understand why she recommend this because it's a basic, gentle forming cleanser that wont cause any reactions with my prescribed creams. I had to take a break from the creams because they weren't reacting well with my skin. So for the mean time I've been using this Cetaphil DermaControl line. For me the cleanser did nothing besides just clean the oil off my face (which it states it does), but it didn't do much for my acne and it sure did not prevent acne. This is just a basic gentle cleanser, it's not terrible but it's just not good for clearing up mild acne by itself.

Pretty Good!

I only wash my face with this when I haven't wore any makeup that day. If you apply it gently, and only wash for like 15-30 seconds, your skin won't over dry.

Repurchased many times

I struggle with face washes because I feel like my skin freaks out if I use something with one wrong ingredient. The acne.org wash caused severe irritation because of ONE frigging ingredient (White Oak Bark Extract). This is great and I have been using this for over a year, but it does leave my skin feeling dryer than I'd like. I rotate new products occasionally, but haven't found one that beats this.

Made it worse?

Iv'e been using this cleanser for around 5 months after I came to an article saying the more acne treatment you use the more acne it causes. I stopped using this cleanser and now I use the Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and boom, dryness, redness, and breakouts suddenly reduced. If you have mild acne I would recommend not using that many treatments for your face, as it could make it worse.

Comments

Didn't really do anything for my oil

I didn't really see any improvement in the oiliness of my face when I used this product. I ended up passing it on to my younger siblings who said it worked great for them, and it helped clear up their acne within weeks. I guess it works for some but not for others.

Saving Grace!

I've used this stuff for years prior to starting the regimen and it worked well as a cleanser, got my makeup off, left my face feeling pleasantly tight but not dry, and gave a really smooth appearance. Occasionally I would need to use a moisturizer during the season changes, but it was never too drying. The Acne.org cleanser has been really painful to use but it leaves my face feeling the same way this stuff does once my face dries, so I really see no point in using it instead of Cetaphil, but I want to give the regimen a solid try before I give up on any of the individual components.

Burns!

Used it for first time..controlled oil but burns skin and makes it red! Never again

Comments

One of the best oil control wash out there!

Its pricey in Singapore here about $30 and can only be found in special clinics. However, its a great product mainly to control oil on my face. It helps with acne a bit too. I used about 1 month to see a difference. I hope my skin will be clearer in the future by using it regularly!

Are you still using this? How your face now?

Works for now

I just recently switched to this, I've been using it for about a week now. I was using tea tree soap for months which didn't make a difference. This is a gentle cleanser for mild acne, I just don't recommend blending products with it

Love this

I love this face wash I have really sensitive skin I was using the Cetaphil cleanser before I tried this. I did not see a difference in my face when using the cleanser and I felt like my face was not being cleansed properly. I was told to try this and within 2 weeks I seen a massive difference within my skin. This is the first product I have used that I have not had a reaction to. To even out the dryness of my skin I use the Cetaphil dry, sensitive skin moisturizer and they work great together. Although this foam wash does tend to dry your skin so try using the moisturizer for dry skin. Definitely recommend trying this !!

Jono

I've used this product for two weeks and it has made me breakout bad, I'm thinking of buying some other product. don"t think the foam cleanses deep enough but it smells nice that i can say.

Comments

Strongly recommend for oily skin!

Lessens oil production Burns slightly I use this product regularly and it works for me. It dries it out my skin a bit but it balances out by the end of the day. Everybody's skin is different but if you have oily skin or combination skin give it a try!

Not good at all!!!

Very nice smell Clean dispenser Foamy, not gel Burns/stings Drys out face, and causes peeling Causes pimples to get tender, burn, and redder I don't have sensitive skin, but this made me breakout BAD!!! It burns a lot when put on, and causes my face to get red and VERY dry. My face looked like it had sunburn, it was peeling and bright red. Every time I moved my face, it would burn ALOT.

Works for me!

reduces amount and severity of breakouts smell isn't overwhelming Doesn't help clear up breakouts well I've been using this product on and off for about a year and a half, and I've been consistently washing my face twice a day for about 2 months (without even skipping a single day). this product is great to treat my light-moderate acne. One thing you need to know is that once you do breakout, this product doesn't have any salicylic acid in it so there's really nothing that will eliminate the acne. You will definitely breakout less frequently though!

Cetaphil :)

Fresh fragrance Gentle I use this everday, morning and night :). I love how my skin seems fresh afterwards. I love the fragrance too. Keeps my break outs under control..

Comments

Really gets the job done!

Gets rid of excess oil Treats pimples Rereshing, clean feeling Fragrance I started using this cleanser 3 weeks ago. I use it in the morning and at night. I have found it really eliminates and diminishes the oil on my skin, but it doesn't not completely dry out my skin. My face is still left with a bit of natural shine. I have also found it helps cleanse and shrink pimples, and leaves my face feeling soft and clean. The only complaint I have is the fragrance. It is a little too strong for my liking, but it is not terrible. It does a really good job getting all the oil and dirt off my face that I can bypass the smell. Overall it is an amazing product, and I highly recommend for people with oily skin!

I like it

Cleanses well I have been using this product for probably about two weeks now. I do feel that it really cleanses well. I am still broken out; however I am hoping that this is just part of clearing my skin up (getting all of the nasties out!) I have noticed some clearing in some areas, though. I am going to stick with the cleanser, as well as the moisturizer, to see how it goes.

Guest Brandon
Guest Brandon

Clean dispenser with cap Does not over-dry Reduces oil / skin shine Foam is not dense Feels only like a surface clean I had bad acne in high school, and 15 years later, I'm still battle with flare-ups. Always had very oily skin, and the derm recommended this recently. First, I don't really care for foam washes, as I never feel like I can get enough to put on my face. This stuff felt like a surface clean and not a deep clean, lacking the "freshness" of other cleansers I've used. So I first used it twice a day for one week as my only cleanser, broke out after a few days, then stopped. Went back to a Neutrogena cleanser and I cleared up within a few days. Waited one month, then used it again for 2 weeks, but this time in addition to Neutrogena, and broke out in the same way AGAIN. I stuck with it an extra week and the acne was persistent and unrelenting-- something new every day. Stopped using it and cleared up within a week. It did help cut back on oil, but getting the breakouts was not a good trade off. Based on the other reviews, it looks like it has worked well for other people, just didn't work for me.

Comments

Very gentle is a foam so there is no need to lather cleanses skin nicely does indeed reduce oil (I use it with the paired cetaphil oil-control moisturizer) Pricey Overall this cleanser gets the job done, is very gentle on my sensative, oily skin and helps reduce my sheening complexion when used in combination with the oil control moisturizer. My only complaint on the moisturizer is that it runs and becomes visable on my face when I sweat, which is a problem for me as an athlete. I use this cleanser and moisturizer in combination with Dan's BP and everything is going smoothely.

Popular Liquid