Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash reviews

3.2/5 - 27 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash

Water, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG 75, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Benzoate, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA.

works a bit
Reviewed on February 11, 2018

for me, This wash got rid of the oil, but didnt help prevent acne, or heal it. What has really helped to cure acne is just washing with plain water!! Although it will normally get worse before it gets better, because your face will have to adjust to not getting any product on it. Google Caveman regimen for more information.

Cetaphil oil control foam face wash?
Reviewed on January 28, 2018

Hello, I am trying to figure out what type of skin I have to know what products to use. My skin produces oil all over my face but gets tight and dry when harsh products are used such as St. Ives. It gets red and flaky and also itches really badly. I get new breakouts at least 2 times a week and majority are blackheads. I want to try cetaphils oil control foam wash but I'm a little scared because I've heard good and bad things about it. Any help?

Acne pop ups
Reviewed on November 8, 2017

I have been using this product for a little over a month. I started getting terrible acne neck, jawlines, and occasional big pimples. It dries out my skin after it only being on there for about 10 seconds. I get out of the shower, boom redness. I apply the moisturizer and it hardly even hydrates my skin. I am in desperate need of a facial washer to cure this acne and dryness. Please let me know of any. I do not recommend this product.

Caused breakouts
Reviewed on October 4, 2017

I used this product along with the matching sunscreen moisturizer. It was good at first but after 2 months of use it started to make my face dry, red and caused me to breakout terribly.

by CharlyAnne on 11/08/2017 20:17
Yes, I've been using this product for a month now. It has caused me to break out terribly. I'm not sure how to get rid of this acne now. What are you doing, now?
Alright I Guess
Reviewed on July 19, 2017

It did not take off any of my makeup. As well the formula felt quite runny and not like very much of a foam as while washing my face with it, it would dry straight on to my skin before I rinsed off. It did little to nothing to help clear up my acne, the only thing it did to my face was make it feel tight and dry. I used the moisturizer along with it and that made things worse. I would not recomend this product as anything more then a normal face wash.

In love!
Reviewed on June 14, 2017

This wash is a life saver for my oily skin!! Works great with Epiduo Forte. I wash my makeup off with this awesome product!

It's ok
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

My dermatologist recommend this along with the moisturizer to use along with my prescribed creams. I understand why she recommend this because it's a basic, gentle forming cleanser that wont cause any reactions with my prescribed creams. I had to take a break from the creams because they weren't reacting well with my skin. So for the mean time I've been using this Cetaphil DermaControl line. For me the cleanser did nothing besides just clean the oil off my face (which it states it does), but it didn't do much for my acne and it sure did not prevent acne. This is just a basic gentle cleanser, it's not terrible but it's just not good for clearing up mild acne by itself.

Pretty Good!
Reviewed on January 21, 2017

I only wash my face with this when I haven't wore any makeup that day. If you apply it gently, and only wash for like 15-30 seconds, your skin won't over dry.

Repurchased many times
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I struggle with face washes because I feel like my skin freaks out if I use something with one wrong ingredient. The acne.org wash caused severe irritation because of ONE frigging ingredient (White Oak Bark Extract). This is great and I have been using this for over a year, but it does leave my skin feeling dryer than I'd like. I rotate new products occasionally, but haven't found one that beats this.

Made it worse?
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Iv'e been using this cleanser for around 5 months after I came to an article saying the more acne treatment you use the more acne it causes. I stopped using this cleanser and now I use the Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and boom, dryness, redness, and breakouts suddenly reduced. If you have mild acne I would recommend not using that many treatments for your face, as it could make it worse.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org