Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion

Listen to your skin.

I use this lotion as it is on my face when it's super dry. When I'm oily and my face has many breakouts, I thin the consistency of the lotion with couple drops of water, mix, and I apply to my face. Listen to your skin and understand what kind of environment it needs. Sometimes it needs lots of hydration, sometimes it doesn't. This is all I do to my skin now. No harsh BP, glycolic acid, retinol, etc. Sud your face real good and get two types of moisturizers - one that's super hydrating and one that's very thin in consistency but does its job moisturizing. Or you can do what I do and save money. I recommend the acne.org moisturizer but it's too expensive for me, which is why I made the switch to the cetaphil daily advance lotion. I hope this helps someone. **I use the black african soap by Nubian Heritage. Make sure to sud it up real nice and apply only a bit of water to your face gradually while washing. So sud it up, apply to face and lather, get some water (very little) on your hands and lather face, get some more water and lather face, repeat until there are no suds on your face. This trick is something that made me love african black soap. If you sud and lather your face and immediately put a bunch of water on your face, it's not washing deep into your pores. You want to really work the soap into your face.

Not very good.

This stuff is not good for highly sensitive skin. I recommend most of the Cetaphil products besides this one. Definitely wasn't good at all. However, i do use it for my body because I don't want to waste the product, and it's okay for that.

Cetaphil is my choice.

I love this lotion. It takes slightly longer to absorb than Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, but once it absorbs, my skin stays hydrated for a day or longer. I think their are really to skin types, skin that thinks it makes sense to go without lotion and skin that grow scales if let unmoisturized. If one is in the first category then Cetaphil moisturizing lotion makes sense. However, if one is like me, in the second category, then Daily Advanced is like magic. After it absorbs.

Comments

Never used moisturiser regularly before

Im 25, have suffered genetic cystic acne since I was 12, and cetaphil moisturisers have been a god send! My skin is hydrated all the time and it has caused no breakouts! Also for $15 for 226gms... Best value ever.

Not my favourite

I am usually a big fan of cetaphil products, however this one is not at the top of my list. While I find it has good moisturising properties, it leaves my face with a greasy sheen. I tend to only use it at night or when I am not going out. I'll continue to use it until it runs out, but I won't be repurchasing this one : (

Guest Melissa
Guest Melissa

-gets rid of flakiness -works well on top of Dan's bp -non-irritating -non-comedogenic and fragrance-free -may be a little heavy for some -takes a bit to fully absorb I have tried several moisturizers including Aveeno, Olay, CeraVe, and Neutrogena but was never happy with any of them. They were either not moisturizing enough or they broke me out. But, I love Cetaphi DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion, unlike Cetaphil Moisture Lotion, it does not have cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20 right next to each other on the ingredient list, which we all know is highly comedogenic. And also, it goes well over the top of bp--no piling or balling up!

Comments

hydrates well burned my face terribly and made it red, I thought it was the bp, but after a bit of experimentation, turns out that it was this stuff I actually just started moisturizing w/ aloe vera gel and mineral oil. They do the trick, are also cheap and don't make me look like I've got 2nd degree burns over my face.

Guest Andy
Guest Andy

Big Bottle so its long lasting Goes on smoothly Made my face greasy Felt icky on my face Takes a while to absorb on face Burns and made my face red(i'll explain down below) I used the cetaphil ultra hydrating lotion as my moisturizer for Dans' regimen (acne.org) and after applying this my face really burned/stinged im sure i had that reaction bc of BP (which is applied before the moisturizer) but i thought the irritation and redness would subside over time as my skin got use to it but it didn't . I've heard a lot of people use this as there moisturizer for DKR and have had no problems with it but for me it was not a home run. I am trying a different moisturizer now after using the cetaphil moisturizer for 1.5 months. Over all im not saying its a bad moisturizer but i dont recommend it for the DKR.

Comments

Works well Does not breakout me out Lasts for months Nothing really. You should use this if you are looking for something cheap and will last you for months. You can also find it a your local drug store which is convenient.

Guest Marina
Guest Marina

Moisturizes extremely well Does not irritate the skin Skin gets oily right away Feels terrible on the skin I bought this today, Cetaphil is not cheap where I live and I regret it so bad. My face was too dry before using it and I can tell the difference, but it is oily and I am sure you are not supposed to use that on the face. It's been one hour on my skin and I feel like washing it right now, feels too oily and dirty. I paid R$128,00 wich now is about $63,70 for 230ml; Too expensive here too. I used on my legs and it works very well on the body. Do NOT use that on your face.

Guest ks
Guest ks

none broke me out! this lotion doesn't specify whether it's for you face but I'm pretty sure it's not. It's not oil-free like the cetaphil face lotion and I only realized this too late. Used this for a month before realizing that it was the culprit of my breakouts. still dealing with the damage a month after using it. do not use on face!!!

Comments

Cheap and comes in large quantities Moisturizes extremely well You can't tell if it's meant for the face or not Feels thick, even when applied thinly to face I wouldn't say this is horrible or great, because I can't tell if it's meant for the face, but it works really well on the body. For the face it just feels far too thick, like you're wearing a mask. It moisturizes the body very well though. I don't know the effects on face acne because I felt far too uncomfortable with the feeling of thickness.

Comments

-Hydrates well -Comes in a huge container for cheap -Leaves skin kinda shiny -Balls up a little when using with BP on the sides of my face as well as under my nose, nothing too major though. After a terrible time with Dan's acne.org moisturizer(the new formula) I was out on the market for a new moisturizer. I tried the cetaphil cream before this one but it took me literally 10 minutes to apply because it ball'd up so badly, then I bought this and was happy with the results. My skin instantly looked so much healthier after months of testing Dan's new moisturizer. Now I'm not exactly sure if this is meant for your face as the product description only mentions "skin" and "the body" but this product did not break me out and it keeps my skin looking great so I'm not complaining. I have noticed my cheeks and jawline getting considerably less acne but I'm assuming that's due to how well this moisturizes since we all know dry skin can lead to acne.

Popular Dry/Sensitive