Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin

Not for me

I have combination skin. This broke me out so bad. It made me feel slimy and just not clean. After washing my face with this, my face would be super oily or super dry. I mean if this works for you, that’s great. But I’ve seen such good reviews for acne but this is so bad for my skin. Made my acne even worse. The cetaphil moisturizer is great though

COMPLICATED EMOTIONS

When I wash directly with Cetaphil, my skin is super dry and painful, and I tend to breakout. However, when I use it with my Nooni marshmallow whip maker and mix it with a little bit of Ph balanced soap, it works great and makes my skin super soft and clean. You can play around with it a bit and you can find a way to make it work, but it's not great on it's own. YMMV, give it a try.

Nope nope nope nope.

Ive heard many good things about cetaphil, so i decided to try it on my acne prone skin. Two days after using it i woke up with my face so dry it was peeling as if I had a sunburn & it stung like crazy, and i even had more breakouts that were so red!! maybe my skin was just too sensitive for this and i should've gone for the gentle cleanser. I ended up fixing the damage it did with my good ol' trusty purity wash by philosophy i always end up running back to because it's just so gentle on my skin, as well as ponds moustrizer for the dryness it caused (but my skin is still flaking 2 weeks later when it never used to) shoot your shot if you want but that was my (bad) experience.

Comments

*Acne prone skin* made my skin itchy and dry.

I've never tried this product before but I absolutely love their facial moisturizer so I decided to give this a try. The smell and consistent is really nice and it isn't too expensive so a good first impression. However I didn't feel like it actually made my skin any cleaner and it left my skin feeling dry and itchy. Have only been using it a couple of times (8-13) and I won't be using it anymore. I have acne prone skin and my skin is quite sensitive so maybe it will work better for other skin types. I live in the north (cold weather, quite windy and dry air?) Reading all the comments it have mixed reactions so if you're willing to take a risk give it a try. Hopefully it works better for you^^

Comments

Oily Skin ? Beware ! ( MAY BE CANCEROUS & LEAD TO MORE ACNE )

For about 6-8 months, I loved this stuff. I used it 1-2 times daily and it really helped keep my oily skin oil-free but not too dry. After I began using it long term, I noticed some changes. For instance, it didn't keep my skin as oil-free anymore - it made my skin even more oiler. I did some research and found out that this stuff strips the skin of natural oils, which triggers the body to produce EVEN more of this oil which can cause more breakouts. According to one website it was called a "cancerous sludge". I definitely don't want to risk getting cancer, even if it means clear skin. If you still want to use this product, I recommend using it 2-4 times every week. Using it every day will dry out your skin and then cause an overflow of oil. Personally, I no longer use this product and instead use African Black Soap every other day. So far it's going great ! As said in the title, this might not be the best for oily skin as it can cause your skin to dry out and then trigger your glands to produce more oil. I also do not recommend using longterm or often. Use with caution !

Comments

Dry, flaky, skin left my skin feeling unclean

This stuff does not do what it says it would do. My face felt unclean, dry and flaky. I wanted to try something gentle and made my skin feeling clean, soft and smooth; this is something I would never purchase again.

doesn't work as advertised

I have very oily skin and this wash just aggravates it. It dries my skin out even more and has made it flaky. Been using it for 3-4 months once a day, have seen no improvement in acne at all. Disappointed.

Wanted to love it

I wanted to love this stuff. After years of harsh cleansers and lots of different products, I was suggested I try something more gentle. It made sense, the stuff I'd been using was far too harsh and made me break out. I've been using this twice a day everyday for nearly 2 months and my acne is worse than ever. I eat a very balanced and healthy diet so I know it only comes down to the products I put on my face. My face is oily by the end of the day and I don't have naturally oily skin. If you're someone this works for, then I envy you. Sadly this product just wasnt for me

good balance

I really like this cleanser. at first, my skin felt pretty tight and uncomfortable, but after a day or two it got used to it. moisturizers just don't agree with me and it's hard for me to find a cleanser that works along with topical BP. i have never been able to use foaming cleansers at all, but the gentle cetaphil just wasn't cutting it with my oily skin...even my eyelids seemed oily. couldn't handle it. the acne.org cleanser does not work on my skin well, it seems to strip it way more than this. it dries my lips out and makes them crack. this cleanser, just works so much better, even if I get that squeaky clean forhead thing going on. I don't like the smell, it isn't a bad smell but it definitely has one.

Worth it!

Love this cleanser, it really refreshes your skin after washing your face. Doesn't feel harsh or strong, it definitely cured my skin after using the Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Cleanser for months (which had done more worse than good). I recommend if you have mild to barely any acne.

Am I Missing Something?

I used it. It was ok. It wasn't memorable. It didn't help my skin. It didn't make it worse. But people RAVE about it. So I genuinely think I am missing something here....I will say that I am a HUGE fan of the texture and love that it doesn't dry me out. OK, yeah I mean, basically its a great cleanser for maintaining skin that doesn't need any healing-be it acne or scars or dullness, etc. It's just a typical cleanser for typical skin. HOTTAKE: its average cleanser for average skin. It's not going to drastically change your skin for better or worse. If you're looking for something to stabilize your skin...I say buy it.

Worked okay for me...

It was very gentle and not at all harsh on my skin for the 2 years that I had used it. It never seemed to really help any pimples that I got though. I do not wear makeup regularly, but since I am in theatre, it helped me easily remove any of my stage makeup very easily, which I loved! I have moved on to Olay Total Effects Revitalizing Foaming Cleanser in the morning and Ambi Even & Clear Foaming Cleanser in the evening. The Olay one helps keep my pores clean and wakes me up in the morning with it's citrusy scent. It also has little exfoliating microbeads that are very gentle on the skin. The Ambi one is very good at fading post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and helps keep my skin clean. It also has 0.5% salicylic acid. They both really helped limit my breakouts, since I am currently going through puberty. I use both in coordination with my new Precision Pore Cleansing Pad from Sephora. It's only $5-$6 and works absolute wonders as it gives you a deep pore cleanse, just like a Clarasonic, just cheaper! You could also get one at places like Target called a Pore Scrubber. They're exactly the same. Hope I helped.

Not for me

I bought this Cleanser after reading a lot of good reviews about it, hoping it would finally be THE ONE to clear my acne. It has been about two months since I've been using it once-twice a day and it is a good cleanser and makeup remover, but did nothing for my acne. Within the first week of using it, my acne was quite light, but by the second week my acne returned to normal and remained that way until now. I only continued using it since it was much pricier than the regular acne treatments and i would hate to see it go to waste. I won't be resorting to Cetaphil again.

Perfect

I use this cleanser in the morning as well as at night to take my makeup off. This stuff is great. It has no scent and is very gentle, not tough on my skin when I'm having those terrible breakouts. I used to use cereve, but this stuff is less thick and I liked that! One bottle goes a long way!

Quick and Pleasant Results

This product really does work. I've been dealing with acne on and off for the past five years, and I've tried most things besides Accutane. My skin gets shiny fairly quickly, but is also quick to dry out/turn red, so I have to be really careful with what I choose to use. Currently I'm on a regimen of doxycycline and tretinoin cream (.1%). Things had been improving, combined with my twice-a-day face care routine, and then I got a horrible breakout 2-3 weeks ago (probably due to stress). It didn't subside but kept spreading to other areas, and at that point, I really didn't know what to do. My skin was dry, too, so I purchased Cetaphil's gentle cleanser--that was a mistake for me. I tried it out for a week but only broke out more. While my skin is iffy it can't handle sensitive skin care products well. I returned it for the Daily Facial Cleanser. AMAZING. It's been three days and I already see results. My skin is smoother, more supple, and bit by bit, clearing up. I will say there are still problem spots, but those are to be expected at only this point. Each morning and night, I rinse my face with warm water, massage the cleaner into my face, and rinse with cool water. I wait a few minutes, put on Dickinson's witch hazel toner (it helps with scarring), apply cetaphil's moisturizer, and use a salicylic acid spot treatment for the problem spots. Because it does tighten my face, I plan on only applying retinae every couple of days. But so far I haven't even seen a need for it. For the most part, I've stopped waking up with new blemishes, and I am absolutely thrilled. I definitely plan on continuing use.

Clear-as-Day

Perfect

I love this stuff. I first became acquainted with Cetaphil products through the acne.org forums, just before I began my accutane course in December 2009. I needed to find a gentle cleanser and quality moisturizer to get me through the dryness that was to come. I started my course with this cleanser, before the accutane dried up all my oil. Once accutane dried my skin out, I switched to Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, which worked wonderfully for the rest of my course. But after I finished my course in the summer of 2010 and my skin settled into normalcy (not too oily, not too dry), I went back to Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser and have been using it ever since. My skin seems to love this cleanser, whether during the hot/humid summers or frigid/dry winters of New England. It leaves my face feeling thoroughly clean without the harsh, over-drying effects of foaming cleansers I'd previously used. But I do always quickly follow it with moisturizer in the mornings. The consistency of the Cetaphil cleansers in contrast to typical cleansers may take some getting used to, but I quickly grew to love the way they made my skin feel. I am now 4.5 years post-accutane, and I get a small pimple here and there like anyone with normal skin, but I believe this cleanser has helped to keep my skin mostly acne-free and irritation-free. Whenever I try another product (because I'm temporarily without my Cetaphil or just because I'm curious) and it inevitably irritates my skin, I always end up returning to this, and my face thanks me. For those struggling with dryness and/or sensitivity (including those currently on accutane), I would recommend the gentle cleanser, but for everyone else, I highly recommend this product.

My holy grail cleanser!

I have used the cetaphil gentle skin cleanser forever. When my bottle ran out, I went to pick some more up at the store. I accidently got the daily facial cleanser but figured I'd give it a shot because I didn't want to have to return it. After a week my breakouts had reduced by 50% with this cleanser. It's just as gentle as the gentle skin cleanser and keeps my skin clear and smooth. I can't use "acne" products because my skin is so sensitive, but this does the job! I don't even have to moisturize afterwards.

Comments

Stick with the gentle skin cleanser!

Walmart ran out of the Gentle Skin cleanser (what I have been using forever, btw), so I was forced to get this. I have used this in the past and it dried out my skin, which isn't really good in combination with Dans BP. It left my skin feeling tight even after two pumps of moisturizer! Needless to say, I will never get this again and will stick to the Gentle Skin cleanser from Cetaphil!

Overdrying

Never had much luck with Cetaphil products, but tried this cleanser because my brother was good with it. I have had oily skin and this was my first cleanser choice for the regimen. Since I dont wear makeup, it's hard to tell if it does a good job of cleaning it off. But it certainly doesnt feel that way. Product does not foam, it almost feels like putting water on the face. Bizarrely enough though, my skin was left feeling very dry after towel patting. For comparison I had used another foaming face wash afterwards, and it didnt give me the tight dry feeling that Cetaphil did. I wouldnt recommend this product but perhaps the widely known gentle skin alternative does a better job.

Not good enough for me

I started the Regimen a few years back with this cleanser. I liked it but I found it didn't really cleanse my skin. I wear makeup and it felt like the cleanser glided off the surface of the makeup instead of clearing it. I dealt with that for a while by first washing the makeup off with a moisturizer. That was pretty useless. Obviously washing my face twice only dried my skin. But somehow I thought there was no other option. Thankfully one day I ran out of Cetaphil and was forced to use a strong cleanser that was laying around the house. The difference was tremendous! My skin was clear for days. The nagging acne I had was gone. It seemed like Cetaphil was leaving a constant layer of dirt on my face, not helping my skin at all. I'm not saying a stronger cleanser is necessarily better, especially if you have sensitive skin, but sometimes dirt is just as bad as dryness for acne. I would only recommend this if you have ultra-sensitive skin, to the point that you need a cleanser that doesn't foam up and feels more like a moisturizer than a cleanser.

What was the stronger cleanser?

A word of advice!!

I think that most people have problems with this cleanser because they are not using it correctly, do read he instructions on the back??? well that might help solve your problem, im no face expert per say but i do know alot about how to apply these regamins and i have also heard great things about i. I have not tried this product but i am looking to in the future!!

Popular Liquid