Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin reviews

3.8/5 - 221 reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Normal to Oily Skin

Water (Purified), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Panthenol, PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

Nope nope nope nope.
Reviewed on February 6, 2018

Ive heard many good things about cetaphil, so i decided to try it on my acne prone skin. Two days after using it i woke up with my face so dry it was peeling as if I had a sunburn & it stung like crazy, and i even had more breakouts that were so red!! maybe my skin was just too sensitive for this and i should've gone for the gentle cleanser. I ended up fixing the damage it did with my good ol' trusty purity wash by philosophy i always end up running back to because it's just so gentle on my skin, as well as ponds moustrizer for the dryness it caused (but my skin is still flaking 2 weeks later when it never used to) shoot your shot if you want but that was my (bad) experience.

*Acne prone skin* made my skin itchy and dry.
Reviewed on November 1, 2017

I've never tried this product before but I absolutely love their facial moisturizer so I decided to give this a try. The smell and consistent is really nice and it isn't too expensive so a good first impression. However I didn't feel like it actually made my skin any cleaner and it left my skin feeling dry and itchy. Have only been using it a couple of times (8-13) and I won't be using it anymore.

I have acne prone skin and my skin is quite sensitive so maybe it will work better for other skin types. I live in the north (cold weather, quite windy and dry air?)

Reading all the comments it have mixed reactions so if you're willing to take a risk give it a try. Hopefully it works better for you^^

Oily Skin ? Beware ! ( MAY BE CANCEROUS & LEAD TO MORE ACNE )
Reviewed on August 5, 2017

For about 6-8 months, I loved this stuff. I used it 1-2 times daily and it really helped keep my oily skin oil-free but not too dry. After I began using it long term, I noticed some changes. For instance, it didn't keep my skin as oil-free anymore - it made my skin even more oiler.

I did some research and found out that this stuff strips the skin of natural oils, which triggers the body to produce EVEN more of this oil which can cause more breakouts. According to one website it was called a "cancerous sludge". I definitely don't want to risk getting cancer, even if it means clear skin.

If you still want to use this product, I recommend using it 2-4 times every week. Using it every day will dry out your skin and then cause an overflow of oil. Personally, I no longer use this product and instead use African Black Soap every other day. So far it's going great !

As said in the title, this might not be the best for oily skin as it can cause your skin to dry out and then trigger your glands to produce more oil. I also do not recommend using longterm or often. Use with caution !

Dry, flaky, skin left my skin feeling unclean
Reviewed on December 23, 2016

This stuff does not do what it says it would do. My face felt unclean, dry and flaky. I wanted to try something gentle and made my skin feeling clean, soft and smooth; this is something I would never purchase again.

doesn't work as advertised
Reviewed on December 16, 2016

I have very oily skin and this wash just aggravates it. It dries my skin out even more and has made it flaky. Been using it for 3-4 months once a day, have seen no improvement in acne at all. Disappointed.

Wanted to love it
Reviewed on October 13, 2016

I wanted to love this stuff. After years of harsh cleansers and lots of different products, I was suggested I try something more gentle. It made sense, the stuff I'd been using was far too harsh and made me break out. I've been using this twice a day everyday for nearly 2 months and my acne is worse than ever. I eat a very balanced and healthy diet so I know it only comes down to the products I put on my face. My face is oily by the end of the day and I don't have naturally oily skin. If you're someone this works for, then I envy you. Sadly this product just wasnt for me

Love it!
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

Because I use so many acne-fighting things on my face, It's best to clean it gently. This does just that. It never interferes with any of my other products (as in causing irritation). It's my staple face wash. Nice and affordable too!

good balance
Reviewed on August 24, 2016

I really like this cleanser. at first, my skin felt pretty tight and uncomfortable, but after a day or two it got used to it. moisturizers just don't agree with me and it's hard for me to find a cleanser that works along with topical BP. i have never been able to use foaming cleansers at all, but the gentle cetaphil just wasn't cutting it with my oily skin...even my eyelids seemed oily. couldn't handle it. the acne.org cleanser does not work on my skin well, it seems to strip it way more than this. it dries my lips out and makes them crack. this cleanser, just works so much better, even if I get that squeaky clean forhead thing going on. I don't like the smell, it isn't a bad smell but it definitely has one.

Worth it!
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

Love this cleanser, it really refreshes your skin after washing your face. Doesn't feel harsh or strong, it definitely cured my skin after using the Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Cleanser for months (which had done more worse than good). I recommend if you have mild to barely any acne.

Am I Missing Something?
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

I used it. It was ok. It wasn't memorable. It didn't help my skin. It didn't make it worse.

But people RAVE about it. So I genuinely think I am missing something here....I will say that I am a HUGE fan of the texture and love that it doesn't dry me out.

OK, yeah I mean, basically its a great cleanser for maintaining skin that doesn't need any healing-be it acne or scars or dullness, etc. It's just a typical cleanser for typical skin.

HOTTAKE: its average cleanser for average skin. It's not going to drastically change your skin for better or worse. If you're looking for something to stabilize your skin...I say buy it.

by _Chandyne on 12/11/2016 23:36
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org