Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar Reviews

Brand: Cetaphil

Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

Noticeable Long-Term Improvement

This soap made a significant improvement to acne on my back/arms over a period of 3 months. However, when the soap is applied to my face, I get awful breakouts every time. This still gets 5 stars from me though, and I will continue to buy it until Triclosan is banned here too.

Comments

Good for the every now-and-then breakout

Whenever I have a bad breakout, this is definitely a good go-to product that will stop a breakout and get your skin looking clear. I would only recommend it when having a bad breakout, though, as it leads to some pretty rough drying if you don't apply moisturizer straight after use.

Comments

Does a good job of cleansing without over-drying - no point in triclosan

I used this soap for about half a year. It does a good job of cleaning, although it's drying enough that you'll need to use a moisturizer if you use the soap regularly. I didn't notice any difference in the amount of acne I was getting, unfortunately. I was getting big, painful pustules on a regular basis, so I figured if I had an antibacterial agent in my cleanser, I could kill some of the bacteria that was accumulating on the surface of my skin. Eventually, I stopped using the soap because I was afraid of using triclosan long-term, and after switching to regular Dove soap, my breakouts neither increased nor decreased.

Comments

A gentle soap, will keep using it!

Just started using the Cetaphil soap about two months ago, but I've been using the facial cleanser for years because it's the only thing sensitive enough for my skin. Really love this soap because it's not harsh and helps with breakouts. Although it doesn't cure your acne, it helps along with it though.

A gentle clean

So after a long bout of clear skin, I broke out pretty badly a few weeks ago. I was just using apricot scrub since I didn't need to worry so much about aggravating pimples. Due to the multiple lesions on my face, I searched through the product reviews to find something more gentle. Cetaphil seemed like the right way to go. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and my acne has cleared up a bit. This could also be because I resumed my spiro medication. Nonetheless, I like this stuff because my skin feels clean without feeling dry. It also seems to soothe my skin and make my acne look less red. This could be just wishful thinking, but here's hoping it continues to work! Skin type (because I think it's important background info when reading reviews): Oily, most breakouts located around the chin and lower jaw.

Definitely worth trying!

This is totally worth the purchase. It's inexpensive and was recommended to me by a dermatologist for my dry, oily, acne-prone skin. I have had no issues with it thus far, and I actually kinda like that it's in a bar form, because I haven't actually used a facial cleanser like that before. It's actually just as convenient for travel as the bottles when you put it in a cheap travel soap container, and I don't have to worry about it spilling all over my stuff. I bought a three pack, and I think it's great to use as a body wash in the shower, too. I do feel like this helped improve the dryness of my skin, and think it's a life-saver for people with sensitive skin, too! The only complaint that I had initially was with the smell, but it's something I got used to quickly and think nothing of now. It doesn't linger whatsoever. This didn't necessarily help my acne, but that isn't the intended or advertised purpose! xx

Dried my skin out

Helped dry up acne kinda Dried out my skin Heard good things about this soap but it actually ended up drying out my skin pretty badly. Keep in mind, I do have very sensitive skin which could have been a factor so it may work better for people with less sensitive skin.

Comments

My favorite cleanser yet!

Improves acne Removes makeup Cheap & effective After 3 days using the Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar I noticed an improvement in my skin/acne. New spots stopped surfacing (unless I was menstruating) and all that was left were old marks and scars that are healing very well. I use this bar with a fresh washcloth daily and "scrub" very lightly in circular motions. This cleanser lathers well and rinses off easily once I am done. This bar can be a tad drying to my face so I follow up with a very small amount of Now Jojoba oil at night time for additional moisture. I have tried many cleansers as many others have too and I am thankful I came across this one as it had raised my self confidence and I now feel comfortable wearing little to no makeup.

Comments

Really a great product, kills the germs on your face!!

Very gentle Does not over dry the skin Kills the bacteria on your face! None! Oh my goodness this product is AMAZING! Seriously just buy a bar of this soap and try it, it's relatively cheap and it lasts a super long time if you keep it in a little soap case so nobody can touch it, also so no bacteria can go on it. I love to use this product to take my makeup off in the shower. I feel like it takes it all off after 1-2 times of lathering it on your hands, gentle rubbing and rinsing. No matter how much you use it will never overly dry your skin, and I know because my skin can get rally flakey and dry from this BP if I use a harsh cleanser! I use this followed by my cleanser if I am removing makeup :)

Dan

Basically the same as Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

Inexpensive Lasts a long time Rich, thick lather Lingering scent This bar is identical to the regular Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar but with .3% Triclosan added. Antibacterial ingredients like Triclosan when added to cleansers are more for label claim than anything since cleanser itself is antibacterial. I notice zero difference between the two bars when I use them. Here is my previous review I added for the regular Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar: The lather is truly rich and thick. This makes cleansing a super-low irritation experience since your hands glide so easily over the skin. The thick lather also works brilliantly as a shaving "cream." Overall, this bar does not leave me feeling overly dry. It does its job of removing surface oils without overstripping. However, it does have a distinct scent that sticks around. Long after I've left the shower and arrive at work, my hands still smell. Luckily it's not a horrible scent, but I would much prefer to not carry the scent along with me throughout my day.

Comments

I am 30 yrs old and for the past 2 years have been SUFFERING with acne. I have finally found some stuff that works/doesn't irritate my skin and wanted to share so maybe I can help someone else. I did some research on Tea Tree Oil and it is working for me. I use Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar for cleansing. Special cleansing lotion "c" by Mario Badescu for after cleansing. Mario Badescu SPF 17 Oil Free Moisturizer and 100% Undiluted Tea Tree Oil for breakouts. I have also cut DAIRY o nada

Guest Rebecca
Guest Rebecca

I have had moderate acne for the past 2 years which got out of hand when i came off my birth control (yaz) I broke out in horrible cysts around my jaw and was prescribed antibiotics with clyndamycin gel. The gel works great on acne already erupted but does nadda for prevention so i tried this bar out while, of all things, i was shopping around in the Philippines. The pharmacist on hand told me to really give it a try. I figured, eh whats 10$ to me, so i got it. I noticed immidiate improvement Can dry out your skin a little but if you use a moisturizer its all good. Its the only thing that has ever given me immediate results, its 6 days after and the majority of my acne has cleared up.

Guest lily
Guest lily

-Smoother, softer skin. -Tight, clean feeling. -Great for just-popped pimples. -Made my acne resistant to any type of treatment. -Huge, various cysts. I'd say 10 after three weeks of use :'( I bought the Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar with lofty hopes that my search for the perfect cleanser would be over. For the first two weeks, I saw immediate improvement. I actually looked forward to washing my face because I knew I'd see a smoother, softer skin tone and healed pimples. HOWEVER, after three weeks, various, huge, painful cysts attacked my face. I'm now stuck with four MASSIVE cysts that refuse to respond to ANY type of treatment. I believe the Triclosan made my acne resistant :(

Comments

-Can be found in almost any drug store -Fairly inexpensive -Hard to travel with -Can dry out my face I really enjoy the Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar. I use it on my face and body and I have had great results. Although many dermatologists suggest not using soap on your face I have found this product to be pretty mild and it has not broke out my face. Occasionally it can be very drying, especially in the winter season. I would suggest using a moisturizer with this product. Overall, I will always be a loyal customer.

Comments

Stops acne DEAD in its tracks. None so far...love it! Was broken out all over my face in those painful small under the skin pimples. Bought this bar on a whim and FELL IN LOVE. All I use now is this and Acanya gel. Skin is flawless (other than a few scars left from picking...I know that's a no no).

Comments

Smells Nice Helps with Oil Really Cleans Removes makeup including mascara! A little drying/tighting of skin, but just use a moisturizer and it corrects it So first, Let me tell you I created an account JUST to write a review for this product and I have tried lots of store bottles and lots of prescriptions. My battle with acne first started when I was a junior in high school and it was a sudden change from one to two pimples a week or so to my whole left cheek covered in deep pimples, then about a month later my right cheek broke out just as bad along with my chin. These were the bumps on your face that feel as though they are under the skin. I made it a point to not be in any photos it was so bad. I went to the Dermatologist and he gave me clyndamycin which I was allergic to and a benzoyl wash which dried my face out. So I went to another Dr. and he gave me differin and an antibiotic and Ortho Tri Cylin Lo which all helped tremendously! So by the middle of my senior year I was back to random small pimples. Later after a year of being off the antibiotics, my face started acting up just a little so he switched me from Differin to Tretinoin cream .075% which got my face back into check, after awhile he cut me back to .025% and my face was still fine. During my Sophomore year at college I decided to wean myself off of the tretinoin cream and just stick to a regime of clean & clear benzoyl 10% wash along with a apricot scrub which worked great. I don't know why but I guess I like to tempt fate so I thought it would be a good idea to switch to the clinque oily face rountine with wash, astrigent, and lotion during my second semester Junior year. WRONG! Sure it worked for a couple months but recently I noticed my face breaking out more and more which turned me into a panic and my old rountine (benzoyl & scrub) wasn't working so I started research and found awesome reviews for this Cetaphil bar, so I took a chance and the 8-10 underskin bumps that threatened to invade my senior year at college are now shrinking after only 2 days!! I couldn't be happier! I wash 2 or 3 times a day with this bar and my skin feels amazing!

Guest Merideth
Guest Merideth

Smells nice Bubbly Didn't work for me I talked to my dermatologist about this because I used it on my chest and back acne, and she said it's best for people who are sweaty. Kills the bacteria from the sweat. I never used it on my face. I use the Cetaphil normal/oily skin face wash.

Popular Bar