CeraVe Moisturzing Cream Reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Moisturzing Cream

Don’t try it!

I’ve been on the acne.org regimen which has cleared up my acne 95%. But I recently ran out of dans moisturizer and decided to use the cereve cream mouturizer. The first two days were fine and on my third day I woke up with maybe 10 random new pimples and two of which were cystic like. This is the worst product ever

Not for facial use

I bought this cuz I wanted to invest in a water based moisturizer. Big mistake. Seriously wish I could go back in time and stop myself from buying this becuz it gave me sore zits in the areas I put it on. This didn't Happen immediately. It took a few days. So at first it may seem as though it's working, but not for long. However, I give it 2 stars cuz it's a good size product and works better on the body. Just don't put this on your face.

AWESOME with acne.org

i slather this stuff on at night when using acne.org because the BP makes my skin so dry. its super thick but works great.

Comments

Good at first, but caused cystic acne.

I wanted to try this as a facial moisturizer to help with the dryness/flakiness retin-a causes. At first, I loved it! My skin felt soft, hydrated and also seemed to give my face a "blurred effect". I thought I found my holy grail, until I started getting cystic acne. It seemed like a new one would appear everyday and I haven't had a problem with those type of pimples in a while! I stopped using it and have stopped getting cystic pimples, but now I'm working on the scars they've left behind. If you're acne prone and your pores clog easily I wouldn't recommend this on the face. Although I've started using it as a body moisturizer and it works great, which I think is it's intended use. Just thought I'd give it a go since I've heard good results from people using it as a facial moisturizer, but sadly not the case for me.

AMAZING

I just recently started using this because I have oily skin with acne on my forehead but my cheeks and nose are super flaky and dry. I put this cream all over my face and I love how soft it makes my skin. By the third day I could already see my acne starting to fade and my skin is super soft and supple. Definitely buying this again.

Comments

Healthy looking Moisturized skin great on dry areas

I have combination skin and have been using this moisturizer since December of last year. I started using this because I was using a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide acne treatment face wash by PanOxyl(currently using 4% Benzoyl Peroxide PanOxyl face wash) which was very drying on my skin even tho it worked. I like this moisturizer because it is true to its claim of being non greasy and non-comedogenic. It actually moisturizes my dry areas very well. And I live in a Nevada a very dry climate. Also, I have not had a breakout while using this moisturizer and I would recommend it to any body who has normal to dry skin or combination skin with dry areas.

Comments

Use in dry acne-prone areas

I get acne on my cheeks and chest, but these are areas that dry out really badly. This works so great at keeping the acne away in those areas. It's also the only thing that works on my eczema. On my forehead and chin, this actually causes breakouts. Go figure!

Use this!

I really like this stuff! It is a fabulous moisturizer that I use under my makeup. It has a very thick consistency, so I only use a tiny amount to get the job done. Yes, it does make your face appear to be a little greasy, but I solve this by letting it soak in for about ten mins before applying my makeup

Comments

Best moisturizer I've had my hands on!

I used this product through my whole Accutane course. Never was my skin peeling or rough feeling, like most Accutane users report. It soaks into the skin quickly. It's non oily and non comedogenic. It's easy to apply makeup after it soaks in. A lot of moisturizers I feel like they just sit on top of my skin and I tend to sweat underneath the moisturizer. I used this just after coming off of using Cetaphil, because Cetaphil broke me out, plus a million other reasons I didn't like it. My dermatologist recommend the ceraVe line and it's love in a jar. Even after coming off Accutane I am still using it nightly 2 years later. I thought it might be to heavy to use after Accutane since my skin would be nowhere near as dry as it was. I was wrong, it still does a great job!

Comments

Moisturizes well, frequent use causes breakouts

Very moisturizing Unscented Lot of product for the money Tub containter Can leave heavy residue if not rubbed in well Contains comedogenic ingredients but lists itself as non-comedogenic My dermatologist recommended this to use over my Tazorac 0.05%. I tried it out, initially loving it, and then discovered it was giving me cystic acne. Even though it does seem to cause me acne, I've actually had pretty good results using it infrequently and not on my entire face. If I get a really dry patch, I just rub a dab of this onto it and it's gone immediately. It's VERY moisturizing. I just can't use it on a daily basis.

I want to like it

Absorbs quickly Plays well with makeup Comedogenic (cetaryl alcohol) Tub container not very sanitary I don't know why people obsess over this product; it has caused me massive daily breakouts. I wasn't sure what the cause was until I stopped using this product. Even the derm says it's not for use on the face: notice how the container is very careful to avoid that word. Its 4th ingredient ranks a 4 on the comedogenicity scale. Definitely ditch this one.

Comments

Actually moisturizes well Little to no scent Great on my sensitive skin Kinda pricey; get it on sale I love this stuff. It's basically the only moisturizer that plays nice with my face. I can put it on the worst patch of dry skin or eczema and I've never experienced any kind of burning. Note the difference between the CeraVe in the pump and the CeraVe in the tub -- I think the tub is far more moisturizing. Since using this (and 2% SA from Paula's Choice), my acne has decreased significantly.

Comments

I love cerave. This is the only cream that works for my face.. When i started using this product i was in shock on the changes that my face was having. I highly reccomand it. -By the way i clean my face everyday with the oxy cleanser before puting the cream in my face. Oxy and Cerave is the only two products that reduced my acne.

Guest Jill
Guest Jill

A HUGE quantity Doesn't have a strong fragrance Very moisturizing Prevents flaking/drying from acne treatments (ex benzoyl peroxide) You have to rub this in good since it's pretty thick but I don't really mind Great moisturizer for people with dry skin or someone using a drying acne treatment

Guest Frannie
Guest Frannie

Huge quantity Non comedogenic Unscented Moisturizes well Initially expensive Distinct scent that may not be enjoyable Can leave an oily residue I use this any time after washing my face. In the morning I use it five minutes after applying Aczone and in the evening five minutes after applying Differin and Duac Topical Gel. It does a great job at moisturizing skin and it especially helpful if you have eczema (I do). I end up with super oily/shiny skin during the day after using it, but that is easily solved by using other products to wipe the oil away.

What products do you use to get rid of the oily skin midday

Nice thick cream non comedogenic Soaks into my skin quickly Skin feels so smooth Stop my flaking skin while on Accutane which is amazing Comes in a huge tub, mine is 1/4 gone and I use it 3 times a day all over my face for the last 3 months! Expensive, but you can search around online and get it for a decent price from $10 - $15 LOVE THIS! AMAZING

Popular Dry/Sensitive