x

CeraVe Moisturzing Cream reviews

4.1/5 - 15 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Moisturzing Cream

Purified Water, Glycerin, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

Not for facial use
Reviewed on September 11, 2017

I bought this cuz I wanted to invest in a water based moisturizer. Big mistake. Seriously wish I could go back in time and stop myself from buying this becuz it gave me sore zits in the areas I put it on. This didn't Happen immediately. It took a few days. So at first it may seem as though it's working, but not for long. However, I give it 2 stars cuz it's a good size product and works better on the body. Just don't put this on your face.

AWESOME with acne.org
Reviewed on August 18, 2017

i slather this stuff on at night when using acne.org because the BP makes my skin so dry. its super thick but works great.

Good at first, but caused cystic acne.
Reviewed on April 28, 2017

I wanted to try this as a facial moisturizer to help with the dryness/flakiness retin-a causes. At first, I loved it! My skin felt soft, hydrated and also seemed to give my face a "blurred effect". I thought I found my holy grail, until I started getting cystic acne. It seemed like a new one would appear everyday and I haven't had a problem with those type of pimples in a while! I stopped using it and have stopped getting cystic pimples, but now I'm working on the scars they've left behind. If you're acne prone and your pores clog easily I wouldn't recommend this on the face. Although I've started using it as a body moisturizer and it works great, which I think is it's intended use. Just thought I'd give it a go since I've heard good results from people using it as a facial moisturizer, but sadly not the case for me.

AMAZING
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

I just recently started using this because I have oily skin with acne on my forehead but my cheeks and nose are super flaky and dry. I put this cream all over my face and I love how soft it makes my skin. By the third day I could already see my acne starting to fade and my skin is super soft and supple. Definitely buying this again.

Healthy looking Moisturized skin great on dry areas
Reviewed on February 29, 2016

I have combination skin and have been using this moisturizer since December of last year. I started using this because I was using a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide acne treatment face wash by PanOxyl(currently using 4% Benzoyl Peroxide PanOxyl face wash) which was very drying on my skin even tho it worked. I like this moisturizer because it is true to its claim of being non greasy and non-comedogenic. It actually moisturizes my dry areas very well. And I live in a Nevada a very dry climate. Also, I have not had a breakout while using this moisturizer and I would recommend it to any body who has normal to dry skin or combination skin with dry areas.

Use in dry acne-prone areas
Reviewed on October 4, 2015

I get acne on my cheeks and chest, but these are areas that dry out really badly. This works so great at keeping the acne away in those areas. It's also the only thing that works on my eczema. On my forehead and chin, this actually causes breakouts. Go figure!

Use this!
Reviewed on May 16, 2015

I really like this stuff! It is a fabulous moisturizer that I use under my makeup. It has a very thick consistency, so I only use a tiny amount to get the job done. Yes, it does make your face appear to be a little greasy, but I solve this by letting it soak in for about ten mins before applying my makeup

Best moisturizer I've had my hands on!
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I used this product through my whole Accutane course. Never was my skin peeling or rough feeling, like most Accutane users report. It soaks into the skin quickly. It's non oily and non comedogenic. It's easy to apply makeup after it soaks in. A lot of moisturizers I feel like they just sit on top of my skin and I tend to sweat underneath the moisturizer. I used this just after coming off of using Cetaphil, because Cetaphil broke me out, plus a million other reasons I didn't like it. My dermatologist recommend the ceraVe line and it's love in a jar.

Even after coming off Accutane I am still using it nightly 2 years later. I thought it might be to heavy to use after Accutane since my skin would be nowhere near as dry as it was. I was wrong, it still does a great job!

Moisturizes well, frequent use causes breakouts
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

My dermatologist recommended this to use over my Tazorac 0.05%. I tried it out, initially loving it, and then discovered it was giving me cystic acne.

Even though it does seem to cause me acne, I've actually had pretty good results using it infrequently and not on my entire face. If I get a really dry patch, I just rub a dab of this onto it and it's gone immediately. It's VERY moisturizing. I just can't use it on a daily basis.

I want to like it
Reviewed on November 30, 2013

I don't know why people obsess over this product; it has caused me massive daily breakouts. I wasn't sure what the cause was until I stopped using this product. Even the derm says it's not for use on the face: notice how the container is very careful to avoid that word. Its 4th ingredient ranks a 4 on the comedogenicity scale. Definitely ditch this one.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org