x

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion reviews

4.3/5 - 157 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Caused breakouts and clogged pores
Reviewed on August 23, 2017

I heard awesome things about this and decided to give it a shot for a month. On my skin, this broke me out tremendously (I have no clue why :( ) and gave me so so many whiteheads even though it is supposed to not clog your pores. Sadly, this made my skin so much worse :(

its ok
Reviewed on August 18, 2017

i prefer there cream over this lotion because of texture but it still is a good product but when i put it on it burned my skin

Best Moisturizer EVER!
Reviewed on July 18, 2017

I follow a dermatologist on youtube, Dr Dray. This is what she recommends and it has been a life changer. It has ceramides in it to help reinforce your skins natural barrier. Studies have shown that people with acne have low levels of ceramides. It is so light and leaves the skin perfectly moisturized. I have tried so many different skin care products and this just might be the best.

by sumikadd on 11/02/2017 18:01
Is it also recommended for an oily acne prone skin type?
Perfect!
Reviewed on June 15, 2017

I have used this since starting the regimen and this has treated me so well, I can not recommend enough

immediate cystic acne/skin rash that was red and irritated beyond belief
Reviewed on March 5, 2017

by recommendation I purchased this (and stopped using my HG Kheil's wash and lotion) in order to save money. this lotion was okay the first two nights but gave some slight itchiness through the day. by the third day I woke up to 3 whiteheads 2cm wide and redness through the rest of my face.

I gave the lotion the benefit of the doubt for 1 week and used it twice a day. NOPE. my skin is the worst it's ever been this year and I will throw this CeraVe lotion away.

by ianloljk on 03/21/2017 04:13
mail it to me!!! don't throw it away
holy grail
Reviewed on January 9, 2017

absorbs quickly, goes on smooth, and non irritating. perfect for oily and dry skin, it just balances you out

Helps balance my skin.
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

I have combination skin. My t-zone gets very oily while my cheeks are normal/dry. This is not thick of heavy at all; it's very lightweight and glides onto the skin. It does take a few minutes to absorb, but once it does my skin feels so hydrated without looking greasy. I can use this at night or in the morning under make-up. Using this along with their other cleansers have really helped me balance out my dehydrated, oily/dry skin.

Absolutely LOVE this!
Reviewed on August 16, 2016

This is my first review on here but think this is definitely worth it! I have moderate to severe acne which is mostly cystic and have had for about 7 years now. I will be going on accutane/isotretinoin on the 30th of August so I have decided to start my regime early!

I have purchased this moisturiser due to all the good reviews and feedback on blogs, vlogs and threads for accutane. I have been using this just over a week and the difference is unbelievable!! My skin feels so much more hydrated, it is not greasy at all and it really does what it says. It creates a moisturising barrier for your skin so your skin really feels protected. I find it is a great base for makeup and feels like it doesn't let the makeup sink into my skin and clog my pores. I have found I don't even need to use a primer!!

Also the difference I have noticed is my skin feels much more plump and my acne scars seem like they're fading. I am using this in conjuction with Cetaphil gentle cleanser which I have noticed soothes my redness however this moisturiser seems to soothe even more! My skin looks a lot less irritated, less red and my hyper-pigmentation is diminishing.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask :) I am going to be doing frequent posts on my profile about my accutane experience which I hope helps any other people out there in limbo over taking accutane or on the same journey as me :)

by Jess13 on 08/21/2016 01:13
May I know what cleansers and toner you are using? Thanks!
by pagiepooh on 07/18/2017 23:14
I have tried the cetaphil cleanser before and i didn't feel like it was effectively cleaning my skin. i am now using neutrogena's hydro boost gel cleanser and it's amazing. it's super gentle, removes my makeup, and leaves my skin feeling plump. i have hated ALL neutrogena products until i tried this. i also use the cerave moisturizer and it's the BEST.
by sumikadd on 11/02/2017 18:06
I use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser to wash my face, and apply benzoyl peroxide on my acne, do you think it is recommended to use this moisturizer even if I have an oily acne prone skin type and this says normal to dry skin?
amazing loton
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

I have combinaiton (easily clogged skin) and I use this on my face. I think it is one of the best creams I have ever used.

Recently went back on Retin-A for wrinkle reduction and to battle clogged pores. In the past, I have found that the first few weeks on Retin-A are rough: dry, chaffed, peeling, red skin. But this time, I have had no problem b/c I have been using this lotion which is incredibly light but seems to soothe and moisturize exceptionally well. It's also been the dead of winter with extremely low tempatures and my skin doesn't feel dry at all. A-m-a-z-i-n-g and so cheap.

The company changed formula.
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

I've had great succes with cerave lotion with coral kavi. I started using this lotion since 2011 and had a great skin that was glowing. However, after buying a new bottle in september of 2015, i started breaking out in random places that i normaly don't break out. My regimen didn't change for 4 years and i was wondering what could have been the cause. First i thought my soap just stopped working. I kept using this lotion with different acne treatments and my situation only got worse. So i had to track my product history and decide what was causing this sudden breakout. Found out, cerave changed the company and the formula! You can google it and see what people are saying about this. The ingredients look the same from the previous bottle but the company changed it and didn't let the customers know because they were afraid to lose their customers. If you have been using cerave, you will notice bottle used to be smaller. It just kept getting bigger bigger and bigger every 2 years or so. This lotion is very comedogenic. Especially people with combo or oily skin, avoid this product.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-fere
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by experts at Acne.org