CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Love!

I was so nervous to use this. I suffer with moderate acne and was always terrified to use something gentle. After using this face wash consistently for over a year, I can tell you that this face wash did not clog my pores. It left my skin feelings clean and very soft! While I do not feel it has done anything for clearing my acne, I feel that it has not hurt either. I think this face wash plays a safe role in my routine by doing what a face wash should do, clean your face. I have bought about 4 bottles in a year and have not used 2, so even though it is a bit on the pricey side, it is a large bottle and will last you!

Cerave products

I use the hydrating cleanser in the colder months and the foaming cleanser during the warmer months . When i tell you cerave products are my holy grails they are the only things that do not irritate my skin . I have combination skin before i found cerave i had soooooo many skin issues redness dryness oily everywhere i tried everything so many dermatologists visits and trying so many products. some of these products would burn my skin make it really dry or just make things worse,but i have never had any issues with cerave. I totally recommend cerave to anyone who is fighting with acne.

A No for Me

I have been switching from the acne.org products. Finally ran out of my cleanser and decided to get this one because of the good reviews and quality. When I first used it I was surprised at the fact that it did not foam up or make a lather at all and looked like lotion. Before I started using it I was a little broken out but my recent bad breakout was just about all the way gone. After using this for one week my skin had broke out horribly and was sore to the touch. It was painful to move my face. I stated getting breaks everywhere and I was really red. My skin has not been this bad since before I started the regimen and I only used it for a week!! Thankfully I still had a little of the acne.org cleanser, I used that and the next day my skin was not as red or sore. I got the Olay Gentle Clean this time and hopefully, that works out better. I want to have a cleanser that I can just buy from the store but if this one does not work I am going to have to just order the acne.org cleanser. I had very high hopes for this cleanser.

I had High Hopes

I have been switching from the acne.org products because I am going on Accutane in a few weeks. Finally ran out of my cleanser and decided to get this one because of the good reviews and quality. When I first used it I was surprised at the fact that it did not foam up or make a lather at all and looked like lotion. Before I started using it I was a little broken out but my recent bad breakout was just about all the way gone. After using this for one week my skin had broke out horribly and was sore to the touch. It was painful to move my face. I stated getting breaks everywhere and I was really red. My skin has not been this bad since before I started the regimen and I only used it for a week!! Thankfully I still had a little of the acne.org cleanser, I used that and the next day my skin was not as red or sore. I got the Olay Gentle Clean this time and hopefully, that works out better. I want to have a cleanser that I can just buy from the store but if this one does not work I am going to have to just order the acne.org cleanser. I had very high hopes for this cleanser.

Comments

May not be good on sensitive skin

Dermatologist told me to use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. Lets start with I have very very sensitive skin. First time I used the cleanser it felt really nice on the skin but then the next morning my eyes were swollen and burning as well as my neck. The red and burning spread and then sores broke out as little tiny blisters all around the red area. Washed face with cold water and applied an herbal oil. It took away the burning and in a couple days started to clear up and skin peeled like a burn. A few days later tried Cerave again and once again it started all over again with the burning and sores. Sorry but Cerave is not for me like I said I have very very sensitive skin. If you are going to try it see if you can get samples instead of the large bottle.

BJB

I broke out really bad!!!

I've been switching from the acne.org products because I'm going on Accutane in a few weeks. Finally ran out of my cleanser and decided to get this one because of the good reviews and quality. When I first used it I was surprised at the fact that it didn't foam up or make a lather at all and looked like lotion. Before I started using it I was a little broken out but my recent bad breakout was just about all the way gone. After using this for one week my skin had broke out horribly and was sore to the touch. It was painful to move my face. I stated getting breaks everywhere and I was really red. My skin hasn't been this bad since before i started the regimen and I only used it for a week!! Thankfully I still had a little of the acne.org cleanser, I used that and the next day my skin was not as red or sore. I got the Olay Gentle Clean this time and hopefully that works out better. I want to have a cleanser that I can just buy from the store but if this one doesn't work I'm going to have to just order the acne.org cleanser. I had very high hopes for this cleanser.

A staple

This is a staple in my regimen. It's very gentle and not drying at all. I won't say it's the MOST gentle I've ever used, because it can sting if your skin is already dry/irritated, but I think it's one of the best cleansers at the drug store. I use it with my clarisonic.

Light and easy on skin

So great for very sensitive skin. I use this on occassion when I run out of my aveeno clear complection clenser, and I quite like it. I do, however, not like this one as much as other cleaners. After I use this, I do not feel like my skin is "clean" (if that makes any sense). Perfect if you want something very gentle.

i just want to say I love your username.

Gives Your Skin a Break

I use Proactiv to treat my acne, but it can really dry out your skin over time. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser followed by CeraVe PM Moisturizer is perfect to use every second or third wash to minimize any dryness or irritation. This combo really gives your skin a break.

Great Gentle Cleanser.

I have combination/oily skin with dry patches on my cheeks. I like using this in the morning to cleanse my skin because it effectively removes all the built up oil from sleeping while keeping my skin hydrated looking. It does have a lotion feel to it which turns a lot of people off, but you get used to it after a few days.

Absolutely In Love!

I absolutely love this cleanser!!! I bought it when I ran out of the Acne.org cleanser. What I didn't know was that I was going to keep using it totally replacing that cleanser. It leaves my face extremely clean without over drying, I love the thick consistency, and how gentle it is on my skin. I've also noticed how clear my skin has been using this cleanser in combination with my Acne.org benzoyl peroxide and AHA moisturizer. I have oily/combination skin which leans more on the oily side, and I'm not having any of the breakout issues as the previous reviewers. Overall, my skin has totally cleared up!!!! This cleanser is a staple in regimen for sure!!!

Comments

BEST product I've ever used on my face

I never write reviews for skin products (which is funny because I've used so many) but this one is special. I've struggled with pretty bad acne since I was 16, and I am currently 22. It all seemed to start suddenly one day, cystic acne and regular acne all over my face. It was horrible. I began my search for anything that would cure my acne, starting with proactiv, which made my skin a MILLION times worse. I've tried Cleab and Clear, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Proactiv, Clinique, Simple, and even Burts Bees face wash, Melaleuca, Witch Hazel, and even got a skin medication from a dermatologist (clindamycin for the skin) but nothing seemed to help. Some made it worse, others only kept the acne at bay for a short time, but it always came back in force. Then I found this product. I have SUPER sensitive skin, anything that foams up or has anything to fight acne severely dries out my skin, which causes me to break out more. This product, on the other hand, does not do that. It was strange at first because it didn't foam up at all, but I had used cream cleansers before so it wasn't too shocking. I didn't even think much of the product at first, I only used it because someone gave it to me and I was out of my last product. Then I started noticing the change. My skin became clearer very quickly, and smoother. My scars somehow went away, and I have had zero breakouts, other than one pimple due to hormones, but it went away within three days. The product feels sort of like conditioner when applying it, but I personally find it leaves my face feeling very fresh and clean when I rinse it off. But my skin has never been so clear! I don't even need to wear coverup, or any foundation anymore. NONE!! Which I think is also helping my skin, as facial makeup can clogs pores. It's amazing and I've been recommending this product to all my friends. My mother in law also loves the product, she says it helps with her Rosacea. The product is scentless as well, which I actually really like. I don't know if this is the magic product for everyone, but for me it was what I've been looking for, for years. And as long as it keeps working, I will not buy anything else. For my combination skin (gets dry but it tends to get very oily as well, not sure how but it does) it's perfect. Having clear skin is a huge confidence booster, and foundation/powder gets expensive!! But I will stop rambling now. I hope this product works as well for you as it had for me.

Meh...

I have had great luck with the Renewing Cleanser. This cleanser, on the other hand, does not agree with my oily skin. Major breakouts even after using for a few weeks. Highly recommend the Renewing Cleanser though. I suppose it's the SA that makes the difference.

Very useful

I've been using this product for about a year, and I think that it's been helping my skin a lot. It feels like lotion, and slips on your face every easily. I used another cerave wash and that left my skin very dry, but this one makes my skin feel soft. If you have hyper pigmentation, I suggest you use this product.

Amazing stuff

I've used lots of different cleansers the most popular ones like Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Cetaphil but this one is the best and i'm never switching back. This does take off my make up and it foams up nicely. If you have never tried this stuff i highly recommend you give it a try you wont regret it :)

WRONG PRODUCT. The product pictured above is the hydrating cleanser

Great Facial Wash!!!

I have been suffering with menopausal acne for over a year now. I've tried many acne products, but they did not work. While surfing the internet one day, I stumbled across an acne treatment called "Pan Oxyl". It had great reviews, so I decided to give it a try. After using it for about 2 weeks, I thought that this product was the it- I finally found a product that was giving me some relief from the pain, outbreaks, and discomfort. Well, To my dismay, my bubble was burst when about a month later, I noticed that my skin had gotten severely dry- scaly dry! It was really weird how the dryness seem to have appeared suddenly. So, of course, I began to panic and immediately started researching help for extremely dry skin. Fortunately, I came across "Cerave Hydrating a Cleanser". Well people, I've been using Cerave for a month and it eliminated the dryness within 3-4 days, cleared the acne in about 14 days, and have not had any new breakouts since I've used the product. I am 50 yrs. old and have had slight acne since I was a teen, but when I became menopausal, it got ridiculous. I was getting 1 or 2 every 2 weeks around my chin area - as soon as the 1 or 2 pimples would leave another one or two would appear. Sofar I am free of the pimples and pain, but now I have to find help with the scars that were left behind; however, I'm going to wait a while to see if Cerave will help eventually fade the scars.

Comments

It feels like conditioner on your face.

I bought this cleanser only because every store in my area were out of the Cerave foaming cleanser. That is my go to cleanser. I figured the products couldn't be that much different. I was wrong, first of all this comes out of the bottle looking and smelling just like conditioner. Applying it to my face felt very gross, due to the conditioner feel. It also left a sort of film feeling over my skin. It does no foaming at all, so it took 2 to 3 pumps to remove my makeup and it wouldn't remove eye makeup at all. So I needed to use a different product for that entirely. Personally I would rather use CeraVe foaming wash or Purpose facial cleanser, and use a moisturizer separately.

Amazing product!!!

Works as quick as 2 days Doesn't sting Non-comedogenic (non pimple producing) Slimy texture & not foamy A little pricey This is the best I've used so far and I've used Cetaphil, Nuetrogena, ProActive, and so many others for my acne-prone skin!!! None of it worked.. Finally I've found a product that works. I saw a difference in my skin within 2 days:)

netstars22

One of the best facial cleansers I've used, so far.

Mild formula Comes in large and small bottles Contains extra skin-healthy ingredients Relatively expensive (but CeraVe usually has coupons) Does not foam After a bout of strong dryness and irritation caused by my use of Purpose face wash, I needed to find something that would replenish my skin while being very, very gentle. This was it. After reading reviews between CeraVe and Cetaphil and CeraVe Foaming vs this one, I decided on this cleanser because A) I was already using CeraVe AM and PM face lotions per my dermatologist and B) The hydrating cleanser seemed to be even more gentle. After using foaming cleansers for a long time, it does take some getting used to not using a foaming cleanser. It's usually more expensive ($10-$13 for a 12-oz bottle), but it is so worth it.

Popular Liquid