CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser Reviews

Brand: CeraVe

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

Love it

Ive seen people say that this face wash breaks them out? i dont think it does, its comedogenic. I really love this cleanser, ive definitely noticed an improvement in my skin's texture and i think it's due to the ceramides. I also think this cleanser has helped with my skin's redness and irritability. I will definitely be repurchasing this, i love that it comes in a pump and the size is very big.

it's *non* comedogenic.

AVOID - immediate cystic acne/skin rash that was red and irritated beyond belief

CeraVe foaming facial cleanser contains Sodium laureth sulfate which is a documented toxin. It has also been shown that SLES causes eye or skin irritation. it is a cheap foaming agent that will irritate your skin beyond belief. I gave this the benefit of the doubt so that I could save money and tried it for one week with the CeraVe lotion. By the 7th day I woke up with cystic acne 2cm wide and skin rashes so bad I couldn't cover them with makeup. I will return to using my HG Kheil's products even though I am a student and can barely afford them! :( if anyone has cheap alternatives let me know but this product ruined my face for the year.

No, it does not contain sodium Laureth Sulfate. Here are the ingredients Indications Can be used for the following skin conditions: Cleansers Ingredients Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl/Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

Great cleanser for Combo/Oily Skin.

I know that many people on here say to avoid foaming cleansers that strip your skin, but CeraVe is designed to be effective yet gentle at the same time. I have combo/oily skin and wear light make-up daily for work. I love using this at the end of a long day to get rid of all the oil/dirt and any traces of make-up left after I take it off. It makes my skin feel so fresh. If you have dry skin or are using strong topical acne creams this might make your skin feel a little dry, but following up with moisturizer will take care of that.

nope

I did not care for this cleanser. I've heard how cerave is like fancified cetaphil since they have some pretty nice ingredients in their products. I used this cleanser and liked it but had skin color bumps show up around my jaw the next day. I didn't continue to use it.

Same here especially in my chin it's like red marks it sucks how many days till they go away?

Perfection- The best that I've used

This face wash has really helped with clearing my acne. I've been using it for 3 months. You know how your skin can feel tight after washing your face? Yeah, that's bad for your skin and will not help your acne. This face wash doesn't leave you feeling tight or dry even if you wash it like 3 times back to back. It's gentle, it cleans your face really well, and you can use it throughout the whole day and not dry out your face. From someone who has acne since 12 and currently at 21- I highly recommend it. Absolutely the best I've used.

Not good

I bought it because i needed a new cleanser and i read practically all of the reviews of this and decided it was the best one available. Cleared my skin at first and i loved the clean feeling it left me with afterwards, but it all went downhill after about a month of that. My skin was consistently broken out for months and i kept religiously using this because i thought it was the only good thing for my skin. Turns out, this product is not truly non-comedogenic, if you go to a site called acne mantra, you can copy and paste ingredient lists and it will tell you what specific ingredients are likely to cause acne. I entered the ingredients for this cleanser and not only are there comedogenic ingredients but there are parabens as well. I'm glad it works for a lot of people though, too bad my skin is just too reactive.

Never again.

I'd like to say, prior to using this my skin wasn't even bad. I'd get one or two pimples here and there but it was never bad.. until I ran into this. This product has messed up my skin so bad and I had no clue where it was coming from. It gave me god awful painful cystic acne and I was really embarrassed to walk outside because it was THAT bad. I will admit it worked for the first couple of months but was it worth all the damage it caused? Hell no. I can't even begin to explain how depressed this crap made me but I'm actually making a recovery from the breakout with Dove. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, not even my worse enemy.

Comments

Can't get over the smell.

I didn't smell this in the store before I bought it as I didn't think a gentle cleanser like this would have any fragrance. However, once I got home and tried to use this, I could not get over the smell! It smells so strongly of the bubbles you play with when you're a little kid in a bad chemical kind of way. Not sure if this was just me, but I couldn't even use this product and I'm not typically so sensitive to smell.

worst product ever

I had oily skin and 1 pimple now and then, but i wanted completely clear skin. I heard so many good reviews about this product so i gave it a try. I broke out so badly all around my cheeks right away, i still continued to use it for a couple of days and my acne started getting worse, used it for 5 days and now i will have to deal with that acne for months.

Comments

It clogged my pores pretty badly

i loved it at first even though it wasnt doing much for my blackheads. Then I started getting pimples. I don't get them very often and thought maybe it was the chica y chico product I was using. I stopped using it and carried on with cerave and usual moisturizer. My skin went on looking worse every week. Finally, when I was in the shower i said screw it and washed my face with Dove like I used to and have for the last week. My face cleared and healed quickly. I started using the beta salic 2.0 again...no problems. In fact, just a few minutes ago after washing, this BIG comedone plug that was on the edge of my lips just popped out painlessly. This cerave product was indeed causing very badly clogged pores. --Update-- I have been looking into why this seemingly terrific cleanser was clogging my pores. It seems that for some people nicinamide causes breakouts through chronic, but very mild skin inflammation. For some this is collagen stimulatiing and for others with stuipid sensitive skin it's just too much.

Comments

Gentle with a clean feel. Great for sensitive skin!

I use this in the AM and PM. At night, I use it with a sensitive skin Konjac Sponge (EcoTools), because I find it does not remove all makeup on its own. However, this stuff is super gentle, and does NOT dry out your skin. I find the best acne routines involve a gentle cleanser and a spot treatment afterwards. I have had BAD experiences with cleansers such as Clean&Clear that contain fragrances, strong chemicals, and acne meds. This cleanser (which isnt even specifically for acne) has helped heal my skin more than any acne product has! This is my (gentle) routine with this product: AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser, argan oil, IT cosmetics powder foundation, birth control PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser with sponge, aloe vera gel This routine is gentle yet effective. It has healed my skin 90%. While i do believe the birth control is making the biggest difference for me, this product has helped the healthiness and tone of my skin, and I will use this forever! Give it a try and ditch the harsh acne products. Being gentle with acne is usually the best option.

UPDATE: I Like It More Than Regimen Cleanser

Compared to the Acne.org Cleanser, this product dries the skin basically just as much. This product does not lather up as well. This product would not be ideal to shave with. Update: I have decided that I prefer this cleanser over the Acne.org cleanser, only because it replaces the ceramides the skin loses from the AHA. It also adds niacinamide. These ingredients are naturally produced by the skin, and are beneficial. Although this cleanser doesn't lather as well as the Acne.org cleanser; just put some in the palm of your hand, then add some warm water on top of that to get it foaming almost as well as the Acne.org cleanser.

My happy medium!

I've tried a lot of cleansers, and this is my all-time favorite. As the name suggests, the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser makes a nice frothy lather, which I like. Lathering cleansers make me feel much cleaner than the non-lathering types. But despite my natural oiliness, I still need a cleanser to be gentle. Unlike the Purpose Gentle Wash, which consistently dried me out, the CeraVe Foaming Cleanser washes my face gently and never leaves me feeling flaky or dry. Added bonuses are the skin-beneficial ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid. Plus, it's fragrance-free, so it's appropriate for sensitive skin or those with rosacea. All around, this cleanser is a great buy! Good size for the price if you calculate it per-ounce. A wonderful clean without damaging the skin barrier.

An Amazing Product!

This product is gentle but effective. It cleanses the excess oil from my skin along with any makeup or sunscreen I might be wearing, but never leaves my face feeling tight or dry. It's pH balanced so it will not throw your skin out of whack like some cleansers. It produces a nice, light foam without any sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate. It might seem a little pricey initially, but you a get a huge bottle; one lasts me about 5 months. I think this is a really well-formulated product, and I would recommend it to anyone!

Comments

Best Cleanser for Sensitive Skin!

I have used this cleanser all through high school, which has been the prime time for my acne. I play many sports and am very active so dirt and sweat are always a problem. But at the end of the day I use this cleanser which is not only very gentle, but very effective in removing dirt, sweat, and anything else that would clog my pores, while keeping my valuable skin oils and not stripping the skin cells. I use this as my cleanser for the Regime and for someone who has moderate acne with very sensitive skin, this is the key to making the Regime useful for the more sensitive skinned of us.

Great for Oily/Sensitive/Acne-Prone Skin

this isn't quite my "holy grail" cleanser but it comes pretty close. I love this cleanser and have been using it for a while. It's one of the few drugstore cleansers that are actually well formulated and is at the same p.h. As skin. This produces a gentle lather that works to get off all my sunscreen and the dirt off my face. You only need the smallest amount, and the bottle is big and cheap for the price so It is definitely worth it. The only negative part about this product is that it can be drying. I wouldn't reccomend it for dry or normal skin types. It works for my skin, but as I have repaired my skin using this product and more I have found my skin is more normal now than oily and it can be too drying, I remedy this by lathering an equal portion of the cleanser and honey in my hand to wash my face (I don't do this but only when needed, which are the times my face feels dry for retinoid use) Lathering it on my hands vs lathering it on my face before applying also dries out my hands so I have to moisturize them after I'm done with my skincare routine. This would perfect if it was slightly less drying, but it's the best in so many different ways and will always be a part of my skincare routine for times where im more oily like in the summer time.

Comments

I'm very glad that I switched to Cerave.

I didn't realize that I have been lucky to only have mild acne, until my skin exploded. In the matter of months, I went from clear to acne on every portion of my face. Of course, when it first started happening, I upped my Clarasonic use, I increased medicated treatment uses, etc. I got worse and worse. I tried Purpose (which I use successfully for years), glytone, clean and clear advantage, and they all caused acne aggravation. This cleanser is calming to my combination and very sensitive skin. Be sure to test this out in a small location for a few days to see if your skin tolerates it. Here's hoping for clearer skin for all of us.

Clogs pores

I decided to try this out just to try something new because I'd been using neutrogena ultra gentle face face wash for a couple years. I used Cerave for a few days but it gave me lots of small pimples speckled all over my entire face. I looked into the ingredients and found "sodium chloride" which is really pore clogging. That was a waste of my $10 and I will never use it again.

Comments

Contains harmful pore clogging sodium chloride

Warning this contains sodium chloride that according to the research I have done is highly pore clogging. It ranks number 5 as the worst of the pore clogging ingrediants. I tried this cleanser not realizing this and it caused a lot if acne.

Not for me

I absolutely LOVE cerave moisturizers. Found my HG w them. I waited too long to try them tho bc of my experience w this cleanser. I've not been able to use consistently, so if you don't have issues right away, it's prob just MY skin. If I use when I have a blemish, it will burn me. I have tried to like it several times now, but I find every time I use it, I will develop a white head by the next day. I also feel like it leaves a layer or a film on my face ??? Hard to describe. Tried to like it, but I think I will forever stick w my plain ole cetaphil bar for cleansing & cerave for moisturizing needs.

works amazing

gentle cleared up my acne makes skin soft none I saw a review on youtube and decided to go right out and buy this. i use it morning and night with no other products. in just a couple days my face was starting to clear up. now a few weeks later i hardly have any pimples. i've never had good skin and nothing has ever worked until i started using this.