CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM reviews

4.2/5 - 24 reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 (and), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM, 3 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 20:13 UTC
Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM 3 oz
updated: 06/07/2017 12:45 UTC

LOVE this moisturizer
Reviewed on August 5, 2017

This feels fantastic when you put it on. Very smooth to apply, immediately makes your skin feel hydrated. I wish I was in love with the AM moisturizer from CeraVe. :)

The best
Reviewed on July 11, 2017

This is the best moisturiser I have used to date. My skin is the oily type, but it hydrates my skin while leaving it soft and velvety, not oily or sticky. It's also very gentle and hasn't broken me out.

Best moisturizer
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

I have extremely oily and sensitive skin and most moisturizers feel way too greasy. The texture of this one is perfect. It absorbs quickly and completely and leaves no greasiness behind. I've tried many, many moisturizers over the years and this one is by far the best.

Treats and Prevents Dryness and Irritation
Reviewed on September 15, 2016

I use Proactiv to treat my acne, which can cause dryness and irritation after awhile. As soon as I start to notice some sensitivity, I break this out. Basically, I split up my routine. I might use Proactiv in the morning and CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser followed by CeraVe PM Moisturizer at night. It just depends on my skin. Other times I might use this combo only every third or fourth time I wash my face. It always does an excellent job of treating and preventing dryness and irritation.

Not Good For Oily Skin
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

This is thinner than the regular CeraVe moisturizer, but the same besides that. It absorbs well, hydrates well, and does not produce a shine or leave the face white. It moisturizes much better than the Acne.org Cleanser. The bottle should last about a month with once daily application. When applying over benzoyl peroxide, the moisturizer can clump. This is not completely avoidable, but allowing the benzoyl peroxide to completely dry, along with gently rubbing a generous amount helps. After the moisturizer dries, brush off the flakes.

If you have oily skin, this moisturizer could be problematic for you. As I mentioned above, this moisturizers very well. People with oily skin will experience over hydrated skin, leading to increased shine and breakouts. Also, over the course of a couple weeks it will build a waxy layer on your skin that cannot be washed off (but will eventually subside when use of the moisturizer stops).

Not a good choice for sensitive skin
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

After going with my dermatologist, I started this moisturizer. I've been prescribed Aczone in the morning + Cetaphil oil control foam wash + Cetaphil oil control moisturizer with SPF, and Tazorac + Cerave PM before bedtime. We know this treatment is very hard for your skin because dryness, irritation, desquamation of skin, etc, but I found that CeraVe PM made my situation worst! I felt my face as burning as if I was in a fire after using this cream even in places where I didn't put my prescribed medication, and the redness of my skin never improves. So, I stopped using this product and after 4-5 days, my face went back to normal even using the other creams. I give it a try for a second time, without using Aczone or Tazorac in my daily routine, and I had the redness and irritation again. I don't recommend this product if you have sensitive skin. My only concern now is that I don't know which non-comedogenic and oil free moisturizer I can use at night time. Meanwhile, I'm using the same one I use in the morning. If you have any recommendation, I'll appreciate it!

My Favourite Moisturizer
Reviewed on February 7, 2015

This is a great moisturizer! My skin gets a little drier in the winter and a little oilier in the summer, but otherwise it is pretty normal.

This moisturizer has a gel-like texture and feels light and cool on my skin. This product is easy to mix with sunscreen. I think the ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide have really helped improve the texture and barrier of my skin. My skin is definitely smoother since I started using this.

This moisturizer does not worsen my acne.

I think this product is a great deal, you get some amazing ingredients that are usually found in products with much higher prices. A bottle lasts me 3-4 months.

Good option for dry skin only
Reviewed on November 30, 2014

I have oily skin and decided to use this despite it being marketed towArds people with dry skin. There's a reason why it's meant for dry skin, and that's because it is rich in emollient alcohols which make it intensely hydrating. My skin was so soft and supple while using it, but I soon started experiencing under the skin breakouts (closed comedones) correlated to my usage of this product and Cerave AM. So despite my skin feel bouncy and hydrated, the texture was bumpy and not smooth. I would not recommend other oily skinned people to use this because it may break you out. I've done my research and have been keep track of the ingredients of products that break me out and found out that cetearth-20 which is usually present in products formulated with fatty alcohols breaks me out. Out of all the Cerave moisturizers, this is the least hydrating.

Since discontinuing use, I have found a reduction in my active acne and textural issues of the skin.

I currently use it as a moisturizer for my eye and for my lips and it works great for those purposes. Because I only need a small amount for those areas it'll last me a long time and since it didn't work for my entire face it's good that I'm able to find some use for it rather than just throwing it away. I no longer have dry lips since using this in conjunction with petroleum jelly.

will clog your pores if you have sensitive skin
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

this product says noncomedogenic but it is , if you have very sensitive skin ...if you click on the ingredients it will show you 3 different ingredients known to clog pores so keep that in mind ...my skin gets clogged by almost anything and this broke me out horribly

by KimSpringer on 04/09/2016 04:32
What do you use for a moisturizer!
by cricricri11 on 02/13/2017 16:58
indeed, as Kim asks, what do you use now then ?? I am going a bit crazy trying to find a good product :)
The only non acne.org moisturizer I like
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I've been through many different moistuizers over the years. This one is awesome. For a price much lower than high end department store products, you get many great ingredients.... Niacinamide, Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid...wow! However, I chose Dan's acne.org moistuizer over CeraVe because the CeraVe would be much more expensive long term considering the amount of product required on the regimen. Yes, it's stll a very reasonable price, but it doesn't come with enough product for me. But I will not hesitate to buy it if I'm ever in a pinch and am waiting on my delivery of Dan's products. My skin breaks out SOOOOO easily. So I'm glad I now know of 2 great moisturizers to chose from after much trial and error.