CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM Reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM

Love this moisturizer, can you use it in the morning too?

Love this moisturizer at night, but can you use it it in the morning too? I used the CeraVe daily moisturizer but I don't feel like it helps with my redness like this one which I think is the Niacinamide.

Yes you can!! But have you tried the AM one! it's just as good! And we need spf.
I have, my doctor actually recommended EltaMD UV Clear when I go out in the sun. So I will apply this after I wash and if I go outside apply the sunblock.

Shame it's discontinued in the UK

I absolutely loved this moisturiser. It helped heal my jawline acne scars and was the perfect formulation for my annoyingly ultra-sensitive oily/combination acne- and rosacea-prone skin. I tried all kinds of lotions, gels and creams before I found it and now having used it for 3 years I've been unable to source it in the UK for around 4 months. So it's back to the drawing board for me.

I literally just bought a pack of 3 on Amazon, the uk site not com, out of desperation as it seems like it's been discontinued! Sad, bad times :(

LOVE this moisturizer

This feels fantastic when you put it on. Very smooth to apply, immediately makes your skin feel hydrated. I wish I was in love with the AM moisturizer from CeraVe. :)

The best

This is the best moisturiser I have used to date. My skin is the oily type, but it hydrates my skin while leaving it soft and velvety, not oily or sticky. It's also very gentle and hasn't broken me out.

I literally just bought a pack of 3 on Amazon ([link removed]) out of desperation as it seems like it's been discontinued! Sad, bad times :(
Ignore - replied to wrong comment!

Best moisturizer

I have extremely oily and sensitive skin and most moisturizers feel way too greasy. The texture of this one is perfect. It absorbs quickly and completely and leaves no greasiness behind. I've tried many, many moisturizers over the years and this one is by far the best.

Treats and Prevents Dryness and Irritation

I use Proactiv to treat my acne, which can cause dryness and irritation after awhile. As soon as I start to notice some sensitivity, I break this out. Basically, I split up my routine. I might use Proactiv in the morning and CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser followed by CeraVe PM Moisturizer at night. It just depends on my skin. Other times I might use this combo only every third or fourth time I wash my face. It always does an excellent job of treating and preventing dryness and irritation.

Not Good For Oily Skin

This is thinner than the regular CeraVe moisturizer, but the same besides that. It absorbs well, hydrates well, and does not produce a shine or leave the face white. It moisturizes much better than the Acne.org Cleanser. The bottle should last about a month with once daily application. When applying over benzoyl peroxide, the moisturizer can clump. This is not completely avoidable, but allowing the benzoyl peroxide to completely dry, along with gently rubbing a generous amount helps. After the moisturizer dries, brush off the flakes. If you have oily skin, this moisturizer could be problematic for you. As I mentioned above, this moisturizers very well. People with oily skin will experience over hydrated skin, leading to increased shine and breakouts. Also, over the course of a couple weeks it will build a waxy layer on your skin that cannot be washed off (but will eventually subside when use of the moisturizer stops).

Comments

Not a good choice for sensitive skin

After going with my dermatologist, I started this moisturizer. I've been prescribed Aczone in the morning + Cetaphil oil control foam wash + Cetaphil oil control moisturizer with SPF, and Tazorac + Cerave PM before bedtime. We know this treatment is very hard for your skin because dryness, irritation, desquamation of skin, etc, but I found that CeraVe PM made my situation worst! I felt my face as burning as if I was in a fire after using this cream even in places where I didn't put my prescribed medication, and the redness of my skin never improves. So, I stopped using this product and after 4-5 days, my face went back to normal even using the other creams. I give it a try for a second time, without using Aczone or Tazorac in my daily routine, and I had the redness and irritation again. I don't recommend this product if you have sensitive skin. My only concern now is that I don't know which non-comedogenic and oil free moisturizer I can use at night time. Meanwhile, I'm using the same one I use in the morning. If you have any recommendation, I'll appreciate it!

Have you found a better product yet?

My Favourite Moisturizer

This is a great moisturizer! My skin gets a little drier in the winter and a little oilier in the summer, but otherwise it is pretty normal. This moisturizer has a gel-like texture and feels light and cool on my skin. This product is easy to mix with sunscreen. I think the ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide have really helped improve the texture and barrier of my skin. My skin is definitely smoother since I started using this. This moisturizer does not worsen my acne. I think this product is a great deal, you get some amazing ingredients that are usually found in products with much higher prices. A bottle lasts me 3-4 months.

Comments

Good option for dry skin only

I have oily skin and decided to use this despite it being marketed towArds people with dry skin. There's a reason why it's meant for dry skin, and that's because it is rich in emollient alcohols which make it intensely hydrating. My skin was so soft and supple while using it, but I soon started experiencing under the skin breakouts (closed comedones) correlated to my usage of this product and Cerave AM. So despite my skin feel bouncy and hydrated, the texture was bumpy and not smooth. I would not recommend other oily skinned people to use this because it may break you out. I've done my research and have been keep track of the ingredients of products that break me out and found out that cetearth-20 which is usually present in products formulated with fatty alcohols breaks me out. Out of all the Cerave moisturizers, this is the least hydrating. Since discontinuing use, I have found a reduction in my active acne and textural issues of the skin. I currently use it as a moisturizer for my eye and for my lips and it works great for those purposes. Because I only need a small amount for those areas it'll last me a long time and since it didn't work for my entire face it's good that I'm able to find some use for it rather than just throwing it away. I no longer have dry lips since using this in conjunction with petroleum jelly.

Comments

will clog your pores if you have sensitive skin

this product says noncomedogenic but it is , if you have very sensitive skin ...if you click on the ingredients it will show you 3 different ingredients known to clog pores so keep that in mind ...my skin gets clogged by almost anything and this broke me out horribly

What do you use for a moisturizer!
indeed, as Kim asks, what do you use now then ?? I am going a bit crazy trying to find a good product :)
I agree! This product seems to break me out, but my derm swears by it. In the past, I have also used cetaphil (with hylaranic acid) mouisturizer, and neutrogena's hydroboost line, but those broke me out as well. Clinique's facewash/ mouisture surge seem to be the only facewash/lotion combo that do not make my acne worse, BUT the lotion does not provide enough relief from the dry skin caused by my spirolactone+retin-a regimen. Please help!

The only non acne.org moisturizer I like

I've been through many different moistuizers over the years. This one is awesome. For a price much lower than high end department store products, you get many great ingredients.... Niacinamide, Ceramides, Hyaluronic Acid...wow! However, I chose Dan's acne.org moistuizer over CeraVe because the CeraVe would be much more expensive long term considering the amount of product required on the regimen. Yes, it's stll a very reasonable price, but it doesn't come with enough product for me. But I will not hesitate to buy it if I'm ever in a pinch and am waiting on my delivery of Dan's products. My skin breaks out SOOOOO easily. So I'm glad I now know of 2 great moisturizers to chose from after much trial and error.

Changed my skin!!!

**BACKGROUND** Skin type- normal/dry/sensitive, but dealing w very dry cheeks from harsh products (trying to cure my acne from outside instead of from inside) And from retin-A treatment. Prior to this I had been using cetaphil moisturizing lotion bc others irritate skin. Hormonal imbalance gave me cystic ance on cheeks/ jawline. I did my research & tried the "oil cleansing method" which healed all blemished w/in 3 days. (Yes!! OIL on my face!!) Then I noticed clogged pores, something I've never had due to my dryer skin & small pores. I didn't want to go back to my old regimen tho! I soo loved the way the oils made my skin feel. ***REVIEW*** This lotion made my skin soooooo soft & supple looking immediately!!! SO SMOOTH!! Cetaphil is simple & non irritating, but doesn't contain any ingredients that are beneficial to ur skin!! That means DULL complexion! It also contains nut oil which i think is why it would cause t-zone to breakout. I also use the cerave CREAM on my cheeks when they get too dry from treatment. Really makes my skin deeply moisturized & nourished.., sinks in deep.. Not like others where it only works on outer layer of skin. My skin stays as fresh throughout the day & doesnt get dry & itchy after a few hours now. This is the ONLY lotion I have EVER been able to use on forehead that doesn't clog pores. I usually dont moisturize t-zone. I accidentally got some on my lips & was amazed how soft they looked AND felt! Right away! Not sure the difference in the lotion & the facial lotion, but I will prob try it bc this bottle is so small! & Won't last long. I almost want to purchase a few more bottles in case they realize how great their product is & raise the prices!!! lol The consistency is somewhat like a gel, & so would b good for ppl w oily skin as well I think. It's hot & humid now & I plan on using this under the cerave cream come winter. Here is my routine if ur interested in trying. Worked for my irritated, flaky skin. So, I went from having cheeks covered in pimples to just one spot on my chin in 2 wks by using this routine (DIET IS MOST IMPORTANT when it comes to cystic acne tho!!!) AM- CLEANSE w warm water & cetaphil bar. TONE t-zone w dickensons witch hazel. MOISTURIZE w cerave PM (I find sunscreens clog pores & I enjoy a little vit D) PM- Apply mixture of cold pressed organic castor oil & extra virgin olive oil over entire face, neck, even eyes.. (Great makeup remover also-U can replace olive w hemp seed or jojoba. Castor good for lashes as well!) Massage face 1 min or so, focusing on areas I get clogged pores more) Wipe hands off on hair ends lol.. Hop in shower & lay warm cloth over face to open pores & remove makeup. Hate taking a shower w makeup on face, so this feels good to leave layer of beneficial antioxidant packed oil to absorb while I shower. Then I cleanse w cetaphil bar afterwards to remove all oil. Tone w witch hazel let it dry. Apply tretinoin & immediately (if I wait to apply this, I break out from it-?-) Follow cerave PM. I have a separate jar I mixed the cerave w jojoba oil for under eye cream. Then i dip Q-tip in mix of apple cider vinegar (small maybe 1 oz bottle?) w 4 drops tea tree oil. Apply to any spots under skin. I find this only works on the deep cysts, similar to BP. I think salicylic acid would do better w spots like comedones... To sum up- Skin looks best it has in YEARS!

omg you're using trentinoin in the day time with no sunscreen? Are you asking for skin damage or are you unaware of the danger?

Nice moisturiser :)

Not greasy feeling Doesn't leave oily barrier on skin Not available in the UK so expensive to ship A tiny bit stingy on my acne Small bottle This is a very nice moisturiser, I find that when applied it doesn't leave a greasy feeling oily barrier on the surface of the skin, it sinks in quite fast and leaves skin feeling smooth and healthy. It is nice that there is more than just emollients in the formulation too. However I live in the UK so I have to buy it from Amazon and shipping makes it expensive for quite a small bottle. Also I find that when the area around my nose was cracked applying this made this area and my acne sting quite a bit, however I got the exact same reaction when I applied E45 moisturising lotion so I think it may just be to do with applying lotion to broken skin.

Love this moisturizer

Sinks in quickly; small amount needed for full coverage Works great with drying topicals; helps prevent flaking No greasy feeling Stings slightly on acne spots Somewhat pricey; buy when buy 1, get 1 50% off My local drugstore of choice does not stock this item Dermatologist gave me samples of this product and I loved it. I tried the AM product, but it felt too greasy for my liking, so I stick with the PM and use it morning and night. Skin is so soft now.

netstars22

Great moisturizer, period.

Has a light, not creamy consistency Moisturizes well Contains hydrators and niacinamide My dermatologist recommended I use this in my routine because of my skin that tends to be either really dry or moderately oily. I love it. I love the lightweight consistency, the hydration factor, and the fact that it has niacinamide, which helps reduce inflammation and redness. It goes perfectly above my Epiduo. For a few nights it did burn a bit, but I found out that my cleanser at the time was at fault.

Guest Ashleigh
Guest Ashleigh

Reduces redness Moisturizes Doesn't smell Does not cause acne Not irritating Parabens Wonderful product. When I'm not going outside (in which case, I use CeraVe am with SPF) I use this product. It goes on nicely under my makeup and keeps my face mostly flake free. Love it!

Comments

Light weight Little smell Works like a charm Makes face a little oily When I wake up in the morning, my face is a bit oily. Nevertheless this is an overall great product.

Comments

-Lightweight -Soothing -No breakouts -Makes skin really soft -Parabens for some people, but I'm okay with it I really love this moisturizer and I'm glad that I picked it up out of whim! It is light weight and not greasy at all, which is great for my oily skin. I never experienced any burning or irritation with this product but everyone's skin is different. Give it a try if you want a nice light night moisturizer. I would also recommend using this in the day if you have a powdered sunscreen to put on top.

Comments

*Not Oily * Absorbed Well *Burning Feeling I really wanted to like this product. It went on well and absorbed fast. About 15 minutes after applying it started to burn. 15 more minutes it was unbearable. I used this with two different BP gels and that didn't matter...it burned equally as bad.

Comments

Very moisturizing Full of special ingredients that have been proven to prevent aging and moisturize well Easily available Can be applied over makeup Pump locks so you can take it with you It has parabens This is great stuff. I use it morning and night after my BPO. It completely controls the flakiness, though you might need to use it several times a day if you are just starting out on the regimen. I can use it around my eyes with no irritation. Sinks in quickly. I can actually apply it over makeup if I develop a flaky area during the day - I just pat a bit on and in a few minutes, it has soaked in without disturbing my makeup.

Comments

Great moisturizer Irritating I bought this lotion when my chin was recovering from a bad breakout. My skin needed moisture badly. The first week was great, I thought I discovered a miracle product. Soon after my skin started turning red, but I thought it was caused from some other products I was trying. Eventually I had a cyst on my nose(first one), dry itchy rash, and extreme redness all over my face. Through process of elimination I discovered it was this product:( I really loved it while it worked that short period of time.

Have you found a better product yet?
Guest Nicole
Guest Nicole

Lightweight, non-greasy, very gentle, non-irritating, doesn't cause break-outs or clog pores, feels good, nice light scent. NONE! This is one of the BEST moisturizers I've ever used. I'm in my early 30's and have been fighting moderately severe acne with generic Retin-A (night) and generic Benzaclin (morning) that was prescribed by my dermatologist. I currently have clear skin thanks to them! This is the ONLY moisturizer that didn't have a burning/stinging reaction with the Benzaclin. I put this on BEFORE I put my topical medicines on so they don't irritate my skin as much, and my dermatologists thinks this is good. It makes my skin feel so great, it's amazing and I totally recommend it!! My skin is calm and acne free! :-) p.s. - get the CeraVe foaming cleanser!!

Comments

-Makes some redness go away -Helps brown marks on face start to fade -Has no harsh chemicals -Doesn't break me out -Shrinks pimples -Made by Dermatologists -Great to use with topical treatments/gels! -Face a little shiny with the PM Lotion My derm recommended this after I tried other moisturizers. I have sensitive skin and I get breakouts when something irritates my skin. This has left my skin feeling moisturized and gets rid of any flaky dryness!! It even helped with my redness some. The PM bottle lasts a long time. Just apply two squirts all over your face, and go to sleep. In the morning, your skin will look calm and fresh!

Guest leona
Guest leona

non greasy moisturizes very good cant fell the smell but ur nose feels good comfort to use the dasage bottle smtimes in the morning i wake up anf feel a little oily - so u should put just a little bit after using The treatments from this site - BT and Aha, my skin become different - and there was no need in them anymore, i started to look for good moisturizing cremes - hate spfs, they are so greasy, regurlary - are not that good for night. this one is the best i ever tried. after a bottle i used i bought another, and now i can hjust use it cople times a week, the rest my skin is just relaxing from treatments or i put aloe vera, or if really need-spf cremes. remember - there is no topical miracle u can use and everything will be perfect. acne - internal problem, so u should cure it from inside. everybody are individual - but there gonna be nothing bad in drinking lemon water and green tea, eating apple cidar vinigar and oils with salads, a lot of fish. dont like any of them - buy the capsules and it it with no taste! be happy and thanks!

Popular Dry/Sensitive