CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM Reviews

Brand: CeraVe

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM

Very Moisturizing but beware of white streaks

The CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM is a good moisturizer if you are need in moisture for your skin. My skin is Oily combination dark skin with an oily T-Zone but I had previously been using a benzoyl peroxide cleanser that dried out my face. So I was in need of a moisturizer that would moisturize my skin from the drying that it had undergone. This moisturizer is kind of thick and smells like sunscreen, but it is moisturizing. The downside of this moisturizer is, that when putting it on, it leaves a white cast on my face. So I have to wait about 5-10 minutes for it to fully absorb completely into my skin. It contains 3.5% Zinc Oxide this is the cause of the white cast or streaks that you see. But once its absorbed you don't see it and my skin feels really moisturized. I found patting it on the skin is a little better than rubbing it in on my skin. So I am going to give it 4 stars because it does what it is supposed to do but I don't like the feel of applying sunblock on my skin. And washing it off. But as far as moisture goes it has a lot of benefits ceramides which attract moisture to the skin and has ingredients that protect from UV rays. So give it a try!

Not Good For Acne Sufferers

This does not seem to moisturize very well. Also, because it contains sunscreen, it should not be used on damaged or broken skin (as labeled on the package). Many acne sufferers have broken skin (especially when first starting use of benzoyl peroxide). Besides that, it makes your face very pale. When applying over benzoyl peroxide, the moisturizer can clump. This is not completely avoidable, but allowing the benzoyl peroxide to completely dry, along with gently rubbing a generous amount helps. After the moisturizer dries, brush off the flakes.

Comments

Good

I use this every morning before i put on makeup and it works great! I have acne and this product does not make me get anymore acne. I recommend this product for anybody who wants a facial moisturizer that works good if you put in on before makeup and does nto make you break out any more than usual.

Comments

Best drugstore option for me

I have used this for awhile and it's the sunscreen I use when I run out of my favorite sunscreens because this one is easy to get at an drugstore and is affordable. This has a nice consistency, but if you had oily skin/live in a humid climate it will turn your face oily quick during the day. I can't use this in the summertime because my skin gets way too oily and also it doesn't provide adequate UVA protection. This sunscreen for me is truly a last resort. My skin is sensitive, and I experience flushing when I apply this, but it goes away after awhile. I can't apply it around my eyes because it irritates them a lot, I experience redness, burning, and I start tearing up to the point I can't see anymore, that's probably because of the chemical sunscreen components in this. I would strongly advise not using this around your eyes. What I like about this is how moisturizing and repairing it is, my skin feels so supple and moisturized when I've been using this, even after I take it off.

Could have been better

I've been trying to find a sunscreen that doesn't leave my skin dry and dehydrated. This sunscreen is seriously the perfect consistency. It's not drying but it's not oily looking either. Unfortunately the packaging says it only protects from sunburns leading me to assume that this isn't a broad spectrum sunscreen as sunburns are in the territory of UVB rays. Unfortunately for lazy me I would rather not have to wear another sunscreen in order to get that UVA protection (I find UVA protection far more important than UVB). But if you can deal with layering two sunscreens this is freaking awesome.

Good moisturizer and SPF

Cheap No breakouts SPF 30 Takes awhile to soak into the skin I notice I sweat more when I wear it. I use all CeraVe products to manage my skin, the entire line is very easy and gentle to use. I use this as a everyday SPF it has a 30 SPF which is hard to find in a moisturizer. Takes a bit for it to work into the skin though. Makeup goes nicely over the product. It smells nice and doesn't break me out. I have lots of issues with SPF on my face. I almost always break out so I was happy to find this product.

Comments

expensive caused horrible breakouts I want to just start off by saying I use the Cerave hydrating cleanser twice a day and I absolutely love it on my skin. It does not cause any breakouts and keeps my skin soft and moisturized. With that being said, I decided to branch out and try Cerave's AM lotion and this product was absolutely HORRIBLE on my skin. Within 24 hours of using, I had 5 HUGE whiteheads on the side of my chin. I'm not talking about regular whiteheads, but big painful bumps that were ready to explode- there was literally no hiding it with any amount of makeup- and let's not forget to mention how painful they were. That being said, I discontinued using this product and my face went back to normal. I was extremely disappointed with this product; I really love Cerave's face washes but this AM lotion was an absolute nightmare on my face.

Comments

Wonderful sunscreen Dries quickly Able to apply makeup within minutes of applying Doesn't break me out A little expensive I will but this product over and over again. I love the CeraVe brand!

Guest bluesnotspeed
Guest bluesnotspeed

Good sun protection Does not sting Works well under makeup Gets flaky, especially on dry areas or around hairline and eyebrows Leaves white streaks Leave skin very shiny and oily Clogs pores leading to whiteheads and blackheads

Guest Paige
Guest Paige

very gentle & soothing does not make acne worse zinc improves skin inflammation heals blemish scars faster works well under makeup (but let it dry all the way) none I use this in the morning and night even though its a sunscreen. I have very sensitive skin & break out a lot -- I was scared to try this thinking it would cause me to break out...but this has totally improved the condition of my skin. It doesn't fight acne, but the zinc helps sooth irritated skin. I even put this around my eye area--other products only burn there, so this is a very gentle formula. love! (I use this after Proactive, and it works well under makeup--an awesome primer because it dries sort of matte, but dewy at the same time)

Guest Tony
Guest Tony

Inexpensive, great brand of products smells like sunscreen, doesn't absorb well with bp regime, leaves white streaks I like the other CereVe products and was using the PM and regular lotion so tried this as a free sample but did not like it all. Doesn't absorb when using BP, sunscreen smell, leaves white streaks so I went back to the regular lotion but still looking for a good suncreen product to work with dan's regime. used to use eucerin skin renewal but sadly they stopped making it and I've yet to find any substitute

Guest Brandi
Guest Brandi

Lightweight, doesn't break me out, reduced flaking from Retin A None yet I love this lotion!! I use it every morning after washing with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (which I also love) It has drastically reduced the irritation from the Retin A I started a moth ago. Has also improved my husband's skin! he has rosacea & dermititis on his face. The skin on his nose has always been a lil rough, I swear after only 1 use, his nose feels so much better!! and he been seeing a derm for years! Not sure why they never recommended this to him!

Comments

Good sun protection Does not sting No avobenzone A little thick Can get a little flaky, especially on dry areas or around hairline/eyebrows Mild sunscreen smell Pretty good stuff for OTC and easily accessible. This is not an ideal moisturizer for me but it functions well as a sunscreen. I am sensitive to most sunscreens and this one does not irritate my skin and does provide solid protection. Because it is a little thick and not terribly moisturizing, I don't use this every morning but I have not found a better SPF moisturizer so far so I did use it a few days a week last year, whenever I was not going to be in an office all day and needed more sun protection. There is a mild sunscreen smell at first but it's not overpowering and does fade for the most part. There is not much of a white cast, unless you don't apply it evenly or rub in well and let it absorb for a few minutes. Doesn't really break me out but can build up in pores if not washed off thoroughly. Seems to hold up decently to a little bit of sweat, which is a plus Not perfect but I would purchase again if I don't find something better or need to pick up something at the drugstore in a pinch.

Comments

light moisture, does not clog pores and irritate acne condition. does not get rid of skin flaking that well, can burn if dryness is severe. great for acne and a little protection from the sun at the same time, only for moderate dryness and not great for flaking skin.

Comments

-Doesn't break me out. -Moisturizes well; no flakes. (I'm also using Paulas Choice 1% BHA Lotion.) -Available at drug stores. -Doesn't ball up when I apply makeup. (mineral makeup, haven't tried it w/ regular liquid foundation) -Works well as a sunscreen--I wore it to the State Fair and my face didn't get burned. My back and chest did though (applied different sunscreen there.) -A bit expensive. (but not prohibitively so) -Contains chemical sunscreen. (I prefer my sunscreen to be completely physical. However, it does contain 3.5% Zinc Oxide) This is why I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 "stars". Other: -Smells like sunscreen but not too strong and it's not that noticeable. -Because of the zinc oxide, must rub in well (gently) or it will look white. This isn't too difficult to do though. -Really oily looking at first. The oiliness does fade though. I've always applied mineral makeup (Meow Cosmetics--alternate between the 3 formulas) before going out and my skin is the same oily level it normally is throughout the day. I've used it a few times in place of my regular moisturizer, CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (which I'm in love with) but mostly I put it on in the late afternoon before I go out (I work from home so that's why I don't need it in the morning). This is also not something I use every day since I don't always leave the house while there's still daylight out. But I feel like I've used it long enough to give a review (a month, on and off). My acne is moderate when I'm not on the DKRegimen. That's why I selected "moderate". I only get one or two spots around that time of month now.

Popular Moisturizers