Ceftin Cefuroxime Oral Antibiotic Reviews

Ceftin Cefuroxime Oral Antibiotic

Guest JC
Guest JC

- cleared my deep, sensitive acne.. even on my chin (biggest problem area) - kept my face clear even right before I got my period (worst breakout time for me) - NEVER got sick! (even tho I had always caught everything growing up!) - awful taste - not good for long term use - interferes w/ birth control - increased need for extra intestinal attention (pharmacist reccommended taking something like Activia while taking Ceftin since Ceftin kills ALL bacteria, even the good) I was constantly breaking out even tho I was extremely conscious of always washing my face (w/out overwashing), not touching my face, keeping my hair clean, changing my sheets at least once a week, etc. But I always still had some sort of acne on my face, ESPECIALLY right before my period and the acne would be deep and hurt. I could actually say "yes, it does hurt when I smile." Toolbag. So my derm doc put me on Ceftin 250 mg along w/ a topical gel (Differin 1.0 %) and I finally got to feel what it was like to be 'like everyone else' and not be overwhelmed with acne and I didn't have to cancel plans anymore because I wasn't embarassed by my face. People who don't have acne don't understand - tell them to put food on their face and walk around with it all day, then they might get the gist of it. Anyway, my face looked great but then my doc took me off it because 1) I was doing so well / wasn't breaking out anymore and 2) He said it's not good / healthy to always be on an antibiotic because it doesn't allow your body to naturally fight bacteria. I have to admit I feel very frustrated that I'm breaking out now that I'm not on it anymore and also: why would he even put me on it if he knew I wouldn't be able to take it long term?! I have adult acne, not the flu. Although I have to say it was awesome while it lasted but now I'm researching other alternatives online so I know what to ask before I go back to my derm doc so I don't run into this same problem again. If I find something that works I want to be able to stick with it and keep taking it. Hope this helped.

Comments

Guest VJ
Guest VJ

None. Not coated so it taste awful, large pill and hard to swallow, didn't do anything. I was on this for a year, and then I took a break and started to take it again only to find out that my body rejected it and I then became allergic to it. Before I broke out in hives from this antibiotic, I told my dermatologist I wanted to try something else but she insisted I stick with the Ceftin! I hated it, and it was a waste of money.

Comments