Carley's Clear and Smooth Skin Treatment Reviews

Brand: Carley's

Carley's Clear and Smooth Skin Treatment

not works for me

too IrrtatIng and break out l Iike crazy have red bumps in different stages of healing and erupting all along my jawline, upper neck, & cheeks; places where I don't normally breakout. Some started as itchy bumps, others as just red bumps. They just keep coming. I've stopped using the Carley's, but my face is now full of red marks.

Comments

Average cleanser. Below average acne remedy

This was a so-so facial cleanser. But nothing to write home about. A touch more gentle than your usual benzoyl peroxide (BP) product. But definitely doesn't cut the ice when it comes to being an worthwhile acne treatment. Nothing in the way of novel ingredients, so it's unsurprising.

Comments

did not work for me.. but great customer service

well i truly tried this for abour 3 months and all i can say was that it makes your skin smooth but does not clear it. it has left a tremendous amount of scars for me. i do however have to say that it was the scrubbing with the washcloth and the natural soap that really bothered my face on op of BP in the product. I do like their moisturizers! they do wonders and i will continue to buy them but for acne no. i also ordered the tea tree version. I do not recommend both cleansers for sensitve skin. It just destroys the skin. I believe that the natural soap strips too much of the skin as well. i have pictures and the "progress" of the products i will update soon my recommendation: the lotions are great! i do love their lotions. The regime- not for me. and also they have the best customer service of a company that i have ever came in contact with.

Guest Emily
Guest Emily

Makes skin smoother and softer. -A pain to use: Showers take a long time using the product and you have to take a shower everyday. -Runs out quickly when using it for body acne, so you keep having to buy more. This was so frustrating. I used the product for 3-4 months without much results. I have terrible acne on my back. At first it seemed to be helping and I decided to switch to the industrial strength, hoping it would work even better. Nope. I continued to break out. It was really disappointing because I saw all the great reviews and thought this would finally be the solution to my acne. Now, I'm just using the midnight and daily moisturizers which are very nice, but I still have acne.

Guest james
Guest james

natural, cheap did not work, spread acne, difficult to use i reallly wanted to like this product i used it for 4 and a half months on the kick a** treatment, i did everything they told me, the washcloth thing, i gave up all my other acne medications, i used the natural soap, but it spread my acne, maybe the beads?? idk but if you have severe acne like me this really didnt work for me and i wanted to sooo bad, anyway try it if you want to but this is an honest review and if you have severe acne i dont thinnk it works, maybe for very little acne

Comments

Helped clear my acne up a little Incredibly responsive customer service Vegan! Didn't clear my acne significantly. Tried this product loyally for over a year. A customer service rep said it can often take months for it to show results, so I kept it up. Bought their face soap as well and did exactly as instructions said. Unfortunately, it didn't clear me up much and it never got any better.

Comments

Cheap It was 20 dollars for a bottle, but the bottle lasted a few months. didn't work time consuming I didn't like the smell I used this for about 6 months. I stuck with it because it warns that it will make you break out at first. But 6 months after starting it, my face was the worst it had been in the last 8 years. Including BIG pimples that I had never gotten before, and now have a problem with after using Carley's. It DEFINITELY didn't work for me. But it seems to work for plenty of other people, so maybe it's worth a try??? But I wish i wouldn't have.

Guest Halina
Guest Halina

Makes your face feel smooth Great for feet or rough elbows, too Not too expensive Lasts a long time Smells good at first, but then developed a funny odor over time Grit can hurt existing pimples Burns if you leave it on too long I've used this product for a full year now. I'm stopping tomorrow. Here's why: it's not worth it. At the beginning, I thought I noticed an improvement in my face, but I think it was just a coincidence. Plain and simple -- one year later, and my face is still...well, basically the same way it was last year at this time. I held out for a full year because I know it sometimes takes time for a treatment to kick in. But, not this time! I'm ditching it for something new. I only bought this product because of all the great reviews I read on the Carley's website. I loved the fact that it was all-natural. But now, I've noticed several other acne.org reviewers who say that the reviews on the Carley's site (and perhaps elsewhere) are fake. I shouldn't be surprised; I'm sure this happens in any industry. But for an acne product? Come on. If many of their positive reviews ARE fake, I feel duped. If you're only ordering one product from them, their shipping is expensive -- $8 flat rate. It's good if you're ordering lots of stuff, but...your bill will add up quickly on that site! It's great that they send you lots of free little samples with each order, but still. Sigh. Overall, not too pleased with this product.

Comments

I like their natural soap. Received full refund without any problems. Customer service was quick to respond via email. Treatment didn't work, and made breakouts worse. Customer service, although quick, often came across as curt and lecturing, and seemed insistent that it was my fault that the product wasn't working, when in actuality I was following their regimen to a tee. I used this for just over 3 months, which is the length of period the website suggests before I can ascertain whether or not the product's working. Despite my concern that wiping my face with a wash cloth even gently was too abrasive for my skin, I went ahead with their regimen. For the first couple weeks everything seemed fine. But eventually, and unsurprisingly, the wash cloth served only to spread the bacteria around, so what started out as individual whiteheads soon became clusters of whiteheads, the likes of which I had never experienced before. And this problem persisted for the several months I was on this regimen, and only subsided until I decided to quit. Also, the fact that I was advised against using any moisturiser left my skin feeling exceptionally dry. When I inquired about this, I was told to leave the natural soap on my face for a couple minutes to let it absorb into my skin. Doing this did not remedy the dryness. Judging from other reviews, perhaps this product does indeed work for others. But it didn't for me. Fortunately thanks to the full refund it wasn't a waste of money in the end. Just a waste of time.

Comments

Seller is communicative and refunded my payment (inc shipping). Product did not work, and I followed the instructions carefully for 3 entire months. Clogged my pores and dried my skin. I had moderate forehead acne and it not only dried my skin, but also clogged my cheek pores and I started getting acne on my cheeks. Many people have been saying you have to stick to it to work, and I did! But I guess it just doesn't work for everyone. It didn't even help with any existing pimples. If you know you have sensitive skin I would not recommend. Exfoliating everyday takes a huge toll on your skin.

Comments

-Fast customer support -Timely shipping and replies -All natural -Generous bottles and samples -Broke me out worse than before -Lengthy, painful regimen -Use of washcloths daily -Two stop washing process in morning, one step at night This product did not personally work for me, but I still respect their product and think they have a wonderful thing going. While customer support was fast, I was always treated rudely and poorly. I was accused of giving up and was harassed all because I sent an e-mail asking if I was doing it wrong. I have pustules, and they told me to use a washcloth to "exfoliate" every morning and I showed concern because that is basically just like popping a pustule which can result in hyperpigmentation and scarring and they assured me this wouldn't happen but here I am, with hyperpigmentation and scarring from the regimen. Overall, a lot of people have/will have success with this product. I think the product is good, although it didn't personally work for me, and you should definitely give it a try if you are debating it. I am now using a dermatologist prescribed cleanser that is working wonders for me but I wish Carley's and anyone else who uses them the best of luck!

Comments

Natural, great customer service. Lengthy, strict regimen. Daily use of washcloths. I was so excited to use this product after all the great reviews. I went out and bought a bundle of super cheap washcloths from Walmart, and put my BP use on hold. However, after a couple months of using this product, I was not seeing any results. Rather, I was seeing my skin gradually get worse. I e-mailed customer service mulitple times with timely responses. They encouraged me to stick with it, but I just couldn't bare seeing my skin get worse.

Comments

Great customer service Daytime moisturizer is the best Generous with free samples and natural soap Mostly natural Process is way too time-consuming and wastes water Scrubbing everyday is too harsh on sensitive skin Scrub didn't work I tried Carley's because there are so many great reviews for it here and I was confident that it may be what I have been looking for. It didn't work for me. I have very sensitive skin and it just made my skin irritated and broke me out in tiny bumps all over the place. I spoke to customer service about every problem I encountered (very nice and helpful) but Steve said my skin was sensitive because of all of the other products I have used on it, so I stuck with the program exactly. I did this for three months and then finally threw in the towel (or washcloth). I also tried extra strength which really did a number on my skin. I will say that they did everything possible to make this work for me and if you are one of those that this product works for, you are fortunate because customer service is top notch. I will however continue to use their daytime moisturizer and possibly the natural soap (sans washcloth, which has been slowly putting my skin back to normal).

Comments

The natural soap, the free samples, the company's willingness to refund you and answer your questions The irritation it caused to my skin, the length of time it would take for breakouts to heal, the constant new breakouts This particular product actually made my skin worse. I really wanted it to work, I stuck with it for several months, and tried many of their products. Unfortunately, all it did was irritate my skin more and give me several new breakouts and red marks. Their other products were wonderful, but I don't how it could NOT irritate someone's skin with the scrubbing daily...I was under the impression this actually spread bacteria and caused more inflammed and angry breakouts...which is what it seemed to do for me. Your skin can take about 6 weeks to turn over, but my esthetician says if you don't see ANY improvement at that point with a product, you're probably not going to see any. I stuck with it for about 3-4 months before giving up. Many of the reviews out there do seem to sound the same, and if they are real people writing them-it's awesome that this worked for them. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Fortunately, the company has very good customer service in answering questions and working out refunds with you. They stand by their product, which is always very important.

Guest Susan
Guest Susan

fast delivery, good customer service make my face really worse than before. First week of using Carley's, my skin was radiant, even my pores become smaller. The second weeks, my face developed painful cystic acne, esp around upper lips and chin area. It's really BAD. A lot of huge and painful cystic acnes. I had light hormonal acne and I was hoping this product would work for me. I always used Carley's correctly. I never drink or smoking. What should I do? I even don't want to go outside with these bumps on my face.

Guest Anonymous
Guest Anonymous

Affordable, great customer service, their other products are good. 3 Steps, have to use washcloth, expensive shipping I reviewed this product a few weeks ago and gave it 5 stars. I came back to give my second review with 2 stars for their other skin care products but not the clear and smooth system. I did another review because after 5 weeks of using the system I developed a devistating case of cystic acne all along my jawline, my chin, and forehead areas. It was so painful and it was BAD. My co workers and friends noticed and questioned what happened to me. I'm 45 years old as well. I had very mild hormonal acne and I want to try this. I used it faithfully and correctly. I was very careful with rinsing as well. I knew I was using correctly because I went the first 5 weeks with completely clear skin. Of course I stopped using it, and since then its been two weeks ago and its almost cleared up. I have sensitive skin and I know this type of skin usually doesn't do well with a scrub based treatment with added Benzoil Peroxide. I'll continue to use their other products, I love them because they are freshly made and on the organic side.

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

The soap is amazing & overall your skin feels really clean afterwards. Also the customer service was good - it is nice to see a company that still seems small and intimate. Oh and free samples with purchase of their moisturizers! I broke out in places I never had before, had pimples different from what I usually have, cause my face to feel sunburned/looked sunburned on occasion, takes a long time to go through the process. I read the directions and followed them PERFECTLY. I have used the product for 6 months, washing my face with just the soap in the morning and using the soap/scrub/washcloth+soap every night. i never missed a time! It started out blowing my skin up...I'm talking embarassing cystic acne that I had never experienced. Suddenly it made my acne go from moderate to severe. After about a week it calmed down, thankfully. However, I developed acne in places I had never had it like my jaw right beside both of my ears. In addition, I developed an overwhelming amount of bumps (you know the clustered pimples that make your skin uneven, but never seem to go away) all over my forehead. My forehead was my one safe place that did not develop acne! Besides breaking out in random places, a few times it actually felt like it burned my skin. I've used Kern's BP and other BP products and have just had dryness--no reaction like this. When I put moisturizer on it afterwards, it felt like I was burning my skin even more. I had very high hopes for this product, and as a poor college student I felt like I was dishing out too much money, but was desperate! I am in the process of getting my money back, which hopefully occurs. I tried the product for 6 weeks and have given up. Hopefully my skin can heal from this.

Comments

None It's a long process to wash your face every morning, blocked pores, caused more acne in places where i didn't have acne before (chin, forehead) I know this works for a LOT of people, but it didn't work for me. I followed the directions perfectly for over two months and didnt work. I switched back to my prescription 10% BP wash and I can already tell it's getting better. The reason I switched was because I wanted to use something more natural and this had such great reviews. Best of luck if you try it, it may work wonders for you.

Comments

Cleared up my little pimples, they resembled blackheads but more bumpy. Good customer service. Fast Shipping. Free samples. Good price. Cystic acne spread, I just had it on my chin area, and it spread upwards towards my cheeks and in between my eyebrows, I have huge cystic pimples all bunched up together. Okay, I'm not sure if it was the bar of soap or the treatment bottle that cleared up my blackhead like pimples. And I'm also not sure which caused my HUGE pimples to spread. My acne got so bad, SO FAST, as a result I am suffering from swollen lymph nodes. I'm not sure if my skin is just purging itself, getting worse, before it can get better, but I've never been so depressed in my entire life. I seriously cry myself to sleep, if not I cry all day. I've been hiding for 2 months in my room. I went to see a Dr. yesterday and she prescribed Tetracyclin & Differin to me. Hopefully it works. I was on Minocyclin & Differin in 2008 and worked wonders until I stopped using it out of pure laziness. Anyways, I don't know if I should continue to use the benzoyl peroxide treatment in the morning? Maybe I shouldn't have bought Carley's strongest bottle? Please message if you guys have any advice or similar experience. Thank you!

Popular All-over treatments