Carley's Clear and Smooth Skin Treatment Reviews

Brand: Carley's

Carley's Clear and Smooth Skin Treatment

Lasts a long time All natural Cleans makeup off Does not prevent breakouts Not the best texture... Based on some reviews I saw, I was thinking this was going to be my miracle face wash. Being a teen, I'm usually cheap and spend around 10 dollars for a face wash, but I figured this would be well worth the extra money. After using this product for months and months, on and off, It left my face feeling fresh and clean, but doesn't seem to prevent breakouts. Not recommended because the reviews lead me to think this product is amazing, when really it just cleaned my face like any other face wash I've used.

PLO83
On and off. You got your problem right there. You need to use this EVERY day. The product 1x per day and the soap alone 1x per day. If you can't put in the work, you won't get the results. It also takes up to 3 months usually to get results. My skin and most people's skin seems to get a bit worse before it gets better. It's purging.

Cleared up much of my son's (age 16) light facial acne. Hasn't been able to help with the cystic acne on his jawline or back/chest/shoulders. Good for light acne but not for cystic. My son is now on vitamin supplements--the last step before accutane--hopefully the vitamins will work. We have tried everything. My husband took accutane and it worked for him, but it is a strong drug and my son is leery of the side effects.

Guest Catherine
Guest Catherine

Contains several natural ingredients and is a good exfoliant. I am delighted with the NATURAL SOAP that was included with purchase of the skin cleanser. The soap helps skin to retain moisture (so important to complement any acne cleanser) and has a pleasant scent to it. I mistakingly got a tiny amount of the product in my eye and it has been burning for a couple of days now. I have never experienced this strong of a reaction before to any cosmetic product. I believe my symptoms are due to an adverse reaction to the active ingredient in this, BENZOYL PEROXIDE. I referred to the "Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients" and learned a couple of things about the harmful chemical, benzoyl peroxide. BENZOYL PEROXIDE is a bleaching and drying agent used in cosmetics. It is toxic by inhalation. It is a skin allergen and irritant.... The EU and Canada use this ingredient in nail products, but recommend avoiding its usage in skin products. Because of my strong, adverse reaction to this products and the information I found (above) I will discontinue use of this product. I am concerned that it is advertised as a natural product, yet contains a harmful and toxic active ingredient. I urge anyone considering trying out this product to first research the active ingredient.

Worked at first

You must use it in the shower. The natural soap doesn't last very long, and I have to order it, so I ordered 5 more bars. drying I stopped using this years ago... and wanted to updated my review. It dried out my skin to the extent where my eye lids were flaking off :/

Comments

No animal testing/ingredients, doesn't feel "chemically" like many other acne products, generous samples, great return policy. Very abrasive, caused a awful breakout, super time-consuming process that isn't conducive for traveling. Before trying Carley's, I had been using the acne.org products with success. Yet, I was tired of using the products because they are very "chemically" and made my skin feel and look extra red and sensitive. My skin felt amazing the first few days I was using Carley's, and I was hoping this was the kind of product that would manage my acne while keeping my skin feeling fresh, but after a week my skin erupted the worst non-inflamed and inflamed acne I have had in years. I followed the directions diligently, yet my skin completely backslid and using more Carley's isn't going to make it better. I wasn't scrubbing hard at all, yet my skin felt like it was being rubbed raw everytime I'd lightly use the wash cloth on my face. I cannot continue to use this product to treat my acne. Aside from the vicious breakout it has caused, I don't see how I can travel more than two nights while using this system. A fresh wash cloth every night? Doesn't seem realistic. If you want to try it, use this product with caution... I'm glad I now know this product doesn't work with my skin. PS.. the "AcneSlayer" review below looks suspiciously similar to much of the writing on the Carley's website. I have a feeling it's the same author.

Comments

Inexpensive; Company support; Ships overseas; Natural soap works great Made my acne worse within the first 4 months. Could not handle that... I´ve been following this treatment as it´s supposed to. No cheating whatsover. But, unfortunatelly I just felt a little relief during the first 2 weeks. After that my skin got really bad. I new this would happen at the beginning, but after going through it for over 4 months I was "forced" to give it up. I do not consider taking accutane, but BP has always worked fine for me, no real cure though... On the other hand, the natural soap is great. I´ve been using it for the same period and I feel really confortable with it. No drying and my skin looks balanced. Anyway, I´ve just started a new mix of natural soap and BP 5%. I hope I get it under the control I´ve been looking for. Good luck for all of us!

Comments

Just a scrub, use it once a day and you're done! no sleeping with icky stuff on your face anymore. The teenageformula is very drying, the it takes a looong time to work, it gets worse before it gets better and it didn't clear me This company is one of the friendliest you can find! And I do love love their other products, especially the soap and the daytime moisturizer. But the scrubs did not help me much. I tried both the original formula and the kickassformula. Yes they made my skin very smooth and did reduce blackheads, redness and minor pimples but did nothing for the cysts.

Comments

Big bottle lasts a while, natural soap and sample moisturizes come with it I believe the product changed I've been using this product for about a year now. This last time I received my bottle, as soon as I put it on, it smelt and had a different texture. In the past, I have had great luck with the product and it cleared up my skin nicely. Since I gotten this bottle, I've been breaking out soooo badly. I sent an email asking if the product changed, and they said no and even sent me a new bottle, I've been using it for a few days and am still breaking out. Has anyone else noticed a difference in the product?!?

Popular All-over treatments