Calia Lemongrass reviews

5/5 - 1 review

Brand: Calia

Calia Lemongrass

Cymbopogon citratus (Lemongrass) Oil (100%).

Calia Lemongrass

The most effective treatment for my acne
Reviewed on November 4, 2017

NOTE: DILUTE THIS OIL IN A CARRIER BEFORE USING, DO NOT GET IT NEAR/IN YOUR EYES

This is the most effective treatment I have ever used for acne. When I went to India years ago I took a tour of a spice farm that made their own essential oils. I asked them for something that would help with acne and they gave me Lemongrass Oil and Almond Oil. I actually forgot about the bottles and about 6 months later I gave it a shot. At first, I did not realize how powerful lemongrass was. This stuff stings soooo bad especially if your dilution ratio is off. After I figured out that only needed a drop or two for every 12-15 drops of the carrier I started noticing my acne was better and better every single morning I looking in the mirror. It was honestly amazing. It didn't irritate or dry out my skin at all and overall my acne was just getting better.

After my skin started clearing up a bit more, and I had run out of the original bottles I did not repurchase because I was just lazy. I fell into the trap of getting Lush brand skincare because I thought that could elevate my skin to the next level, buying into the idea that Lush was in the same family as this powerful oil. It was not. My skin got worse and I had forgotten about the oils for years.

In that time, I went on birth control to clear my skin, went vegan, got regular monthly facials, went on the Acne.org regimen. All of these things had no real effect on my skin, the regimen just made my usually oily skin SO dry I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore, I was just always peeling for months.

I recently (a month ago) started using 2-4 drops of lemongrass oil with 12-15 drops of the Acne.org Jojoba oil and I cannot believe I ever stopped using it. Lemongrass oil is a game-changer and I wish more people knew about it. My skin has cleared up about 90% and everyday the pigmentation is getting lighter and lighter with no new spots showing up.

Lemongrass is anti-bacterial, anti-septic, and astringent. It smells amazing and is actually considered an anti-depressant (which helps when you've had horrible acne). I feel like it's nature's version of Benzoyl Peroxide and my skin is starting to glow again, the acne is disappearing, and I feel so moisturized! I use it every morning and night. I have no trouble putting my sunscreen on top or my makeup. It doesn't leave your skin looking oily all day as the oils absorb into the skin.

Please , please, pleaseeeee give this a try!

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org