Calamine Lotion Reviews

Calamine Lotion

I am amazed

I have oily skin with hormonal cystic acne plus frequent persistent chin zits that start off small but grow over time. This is so annoying, because while SA has really done a great job of controlling my deep cysts, the little ones seem impervious to SA and BP. That is until I added calamine lotion as a final step one night out of desperation. Having read here that it worked for many, I figured I had nothing to lose. I was pleasantly surprised at the mattifying effect it has on my oily skin, and my small pimples shrank to almost nothing by morning. Amazed, but cautious it might have been a fluke, I put the calamine away for a week. Soon enough, those persistent pimples developed again, and I again applied calamine overnight. The next morning they were gone! While this might not work for everyone, it has worked wonders for my problem skin. I only use enough to cover the blemishes. I do not put it on thickly.

Oh my GOODNESS SO GOOD

I’m someone who spends A LOT of money of serums and now I feel dumb because out of everything this has worked the best. This literally worked overnight for me. I kept seeing this on Instagram to use for acne scars so I thought, “why not” and wasn’t expecting much and put it on before bed. I woke up the next day and could visibly see that the scars had faded. I’m absolutely stunned. So glad I tried it. I love it and couldn’t be happier.

Fantastic

This lotion does wonders for skin, it works as a moisturizer, makeup primer, sunscreen and oil control lotion. It dries and heals pimples. However, I have hormonal acne so it doesn't prevent break outs. Just an advice: dont apply too much if you're going out, unless you want to look like you're wearing a "Goth white" powder cream.

Comments

Not a cure but helps a lot

Heals my blemishes fast and dries out pimples. Helps relieve itchiness. Doesn't cause irritation unlike other acne topical treatments. I'd rather use this than BP or SA.

Comments

Best lotion for all skin types

I've been using this product for the past few months & must say it is God sent! Started using it when I was breaking out to the extent that my skin was irritated all the time, despite using the most expensive products in the market. Regular use helped get rid of all sorts of skin problems. Pros- perfect as a makeup primer, -reduced dark spots/acne scars considerably, -skin glows naturally & also reduces fine lines to a certain extent - irritation relieved instantly - inexpensive & available readily at all pharmacies. - helps treat acne in oily skin with great results Cons- dries out the skin a little so use in combination with a moisturizer for better results, - results improve with regular use over a period of time, not overnight but totally worth for the price & availability. Not to forget, great skin is back!!!

Useless

Used it for a week all it does is dry out your skin..not even the pimples smells bad too. Could be the fact my skin has become immune to zinc but i genuinely believe that has nothing to do with it.

MAKEUP PRIMER

Honestly, I don't know whether it works or not concerning acne because I haven't used it in that sense but it is an AMAZING makeup primer if you suffer from oily skin! Apparently, it can have a plateau effect so I interchange between this and milk of magnesia, which is also a phenomenal primer! Although I said I'm not sure about it working for acne, I do think that less oil can mean less clogged pores. I also get pimples much less now-a-days. This may have contributed. Who knows?? It's worth a try!

Perfect, Dear! Very nice analogy, i'm using it for exactly same purposes!

Calms down my skin

I purchased Calamine for a rash I got from an allergic reaction and I wanted to try it on my acne. I have cystic acne along my cheek bone and under my jaw that gets very irritated and itchy. I applied a bit of Calamine on my spots and it calmed down my face instantly. The pimples didn't go away but they were noticeably less puffy and less red. The only downside is that its extremely drying so don't use too much at once.

not for acne

This is a necessity in everyone's house because it's great for calming rashes and irritations. It's a must-use for chicken pox. I've also seen it advertised as a face care product but I would never use if for that. I'm pretty sure it blocked my pores and caused me to break out.

soooo good

It fades acne scars and cold sore scars and it dries out spots and pimples this is better than BP or all the other expensive trash they try to market to us. BP and other harsh treatments always left my skin red and damaged. Thank the heavens for giving us calamine, truly, I am so grateful to have such a gentle but effective treatment. Spots wont disappear over night but with patience and regular application at night they will gently dry up leaving no scars or marks -which is amazing as I usually pick or use BP and end up with horrible scars.

not for acne

Great for treating rashes and irritation all over the body but not for acne

Amazing!!

I found out about this treatment on acne.org; and seeing as it is inexpensive I decided to give it a try- and I have to say after about 3 months of using this, I am extremely impressed. It is not a miracle product by any means, but it SIGNIFICANTLY improves acne and inflammation. It reduces the size and redness of active pimples, and I love to use it daily to prevent any future breakouts. It is drying so I use it in conjunction with Argan oil and sunscreen. I apply it all over my face before bed mixed with Argan oil, and repeat in the morning under makeup. It doesn't change the color of makeup and doesn't change the way it appears on my face. It can also be used as a spot treatment. I love this product and will continue to use it

wonderful spot treatment

This is a really wonderful spot treatment for me. I don't reach for it often but it's a must have in my "emergency skincare arsenal". I use this I when I have a few whiteheads that I want to bring down in size and this does the job of shrinking them considerably overnight.

amazing

I had big horrible cyst on my chin... It hurt to even smile ! I put this stuff on and left it over night and it was gone next morning and no swelling no redness it helped!!

best thing ever!

Fantastic product, so glad I found it, very cheap and easy to use, with great results. I use this as a spot treatment before bedtime and leave it on over night it greatly reduced the size and redness of problem areas more than any other products I have tried. Def. recommend it! but make sure to get one with good ingredients.

Comments

For me nothing works like this does!!

I am in my mid 30s and battling harmonal/cystic acne. I spread a thin layer over my acne and spots and leave it ovenight.In the morning, pimples dont disappear but reduce by 80%. Again, if i apply it when its a tiny red bump under my skin, it doesnt disapper totally but the size is very tiny -to me much better than a large pus filled cyst. It aids in drying the cysts faster and doesnt leave a black dark spot. I have tried various products both natural and medicinal but this has worked for me. I use the one from Target.

BEST STUFF!!

i have been struggiling with moderate acne scars for about 6 months now, my.scars are not so pitted but very red and not cute. being so desperate for help i came across this online review and decided to give it a shot. im never the kind of person to write reviews but i need to tell you guys in the same boat as me to try this !!! this is my 3rd night using calamine lotion and wow!! i can honestly say my skin has improved so much i didnt have to cake on my makeup today i didnt even need concelar thats a first! my.family has even noticed a difference. This stuff is amazing and i look forward to seeing more of the great results it brings me. i recommend this product !!!!

Yes yes yes!!

This is great! I paid 2.50 for this and I can safely say it is one of the cheapest and most effective acne treatments I have bought. I apply this all over my face and chest after showering, and it has done wonders for all of my pimples! I'm guessing it's the zinc oxide, but this truly is great. It started to show results pretty quickly, and I recommend using it pretty consistently (every day if possible) for best results. I am able to spread it all around my face with a Q-tip, but that's because my skin has shown no signs of dryness or irritation with it. If you experience dryness please only use it as a spot treatment on the pimple. I've heard some people say it can be pretty drying. This may not work for everyone, because naturally we all have different skin, but for such a cheap price it definitely cannot hurt to try it.

Best stuff ever!

a couple of years ago, i started getting a few spots here and there, but nothing that bothered me too much, my mum would always get onto me about putting calamine on my face whenever im not going out, and leaving it on to sleep, i never really bothered because my spots never really bothered me, but recently i started getting alot of red inflamed acne all over my face, so i decided to give the calamine lotion a try, i dabbed it all over my face and left it for as long as a could, and i can honestly say its worked wonders on my face! Its became a part of my routine now, i never go a night without putting it on, i have no spots now, i still get the occasional one, but nothing compared to what was there! I then recommended it to my best friend, who has suffered with acne for years, and its gets her so down that she will sit there crying about her skin, shes been prescribed so many different creams and tablets ive lost count, then she tried calamine and she said it was the best thing shes ever done! Deffo give it a try, you wont be let down!

Give it a try!

In my opinion, I think Calamine Lotion works for acne! For me I apply it in a mask once a day (when I have time), and leave it until I am ready to go to sleep and wash it off then-can be anywhere from 30 minutes to over 3 hours. I don't think it cures the acne but it stops it from getting any bigger, and reduces redness and irritation. When my skin is really dry but I want to use this product, I mix the Calamine lotion with Vitamin E oil or Polysporin Cream and apply that ONLY on the dry areas and regular Calamine lotion everywhere else. How much oil or Polysporin you add depends on what consistency you want, just add until you get the mixture that feels right for you. I usually try to add 2/3 Calamine to 1/3 Vitamin E oil or Polysporin. It leaves my skin smooth and soft, and pores are smaller. Some other general tips I have picked up over the years for what works for me: 1. Moisturizer in both the morning and evening. I use Jamieson Provitamin Vitamin A Night Cream, and during the day same brand but the Vitamin E day cream. After I apply the moisturizer I put on my day and night acne cream over the moisturizer. This reduces the oiliness and helps prevent acne. 2. NEVER EVER PICK AT ANY TYPE OF ACNE!!!!!!!! I used to pop and try to drain all my pimples but it only makes it worse. If you leave it and just apply creams, it will be way better. I have made this mistake countless times by convincing myself it will be better after I pop it, BUT IT NEVER MAKES IT BETTER!!!!!! 3. Try not to spot treat with acne creams because they can irritate the skin. Just apply a thick layer.

User410314

Masks but doesn't treat

Since I was the only person in my family with acne from a young age, I would get into the medicine cabinet a try to fix myself. Making my face pink instead of seeing blotches made me feel better at 10, but when I told my pediatrician, he laughed at me. It kept me from touching my face with my hands, but it didn't allow my skin to breathe, he said, it was merely masking the redness, and that I should stop.

Maybe u need to change paediatricians

Calamine Lotion

This Stuff Is Amazing! I Have Acne, Not To Bad, But Very Red And Irritated. This Stuff Really Helps To Take Down The Redness And Irritation! Love This Stuff! I Recommend Trying It!

Comments

Tried this but unwanted side effect

So after reading all great reviews on here I finally decided to give calamine lotion a try so i went bought a bottle of calamine lotion I used i just i was told too by applying it and leaving it for 30 minutes then washing off twice a day. I have been doing this for two days an waiting for results however in the mean time i have noticed that my tan skin is looking very white. I was out with my friends and one person asked if i was wearing sunscreen because I looked like a ghost. Why is this happening !!?!? Is it that my skin is very dry if so what should i use to moistureize that will not cause acne. Pleasr hrlp as I still want to use this product yo treat my acne. And also how to get my complexion normal again!

Calamine is a drying lotion. That's what its for, use a Qtip to apply more exact. When swelling and/or redness is gone, def use a moisturizer. I prefer Ahava, but Olive oil may help.
Just re-tan outside in the sun.

Incredibly Effective

I've been pretty lucky with my skin, but lately I've waged an epic battle with what seems to be a combo of rosacea, acne, and maybe some sort of rash. I have fair oily skin. While I hated the oil in my teens, it has served me well as I get older. In my late twenties my derm told me I had rosacea. That explained why the red spots showing up on my face didn't respond to typical acne treatment. I got it under control and had years of nice skin. I remember getting a facial in my mid 30s and the aesthetician kept remarking about how great my skin was. Recently I was mildly bothered by some flushing and comedones, but not enough to do anything about it. Then I went back to my derm to treat a different issue (stubborn deep pimple that wouldn't go away). She noted that my rosacea was flaring. She gave me scripts for Veltin gel, Finacea, Avace wash and an antibiotic. Due to the expense, I only had the Veltin and antibiotic scripts filled. I really wish the derm would have told me to ease into the Veltin. While on the antibiotic for 30 days my skin looked great. When I went off and was applying a thin layer of the Veltin gel twice daily, my skin freaked out. I was uncharacteristically patient and dealt with the horrible break out for several months thinking this was the purge period from the Retin A. Every night I told myself that tomorrow would be the day that my skin turned the corner'it never was. Eventually, I abandoned the Veltin and expected my skin would recover back to where it had been before that unfortunate visit to the doctor. It didn't. It was fiery red and produced little white heads at an alarming rate. After surfing the web frantically, I tried many things. I took Apple Cider Vinegar tablets and applied a 50/50 ACV/water toner throughout the day. It didn't seem to do much, but I may try it again once my skin is fully recovered. I tried Prosacea, same deal as the ACV'I may try it again when I'm in maintenance mode. I washed my face with pine tar soap. I only tried these things for a short time. My skin was so upset that when I didn't see progress quickly, it was on to the next thing. Three days ago I woke up and was supposed to volunteer at an outside yoga event. I was looking forward to it, but eventually I decided that the heat was going to be very uncomfortable and itchy for my skin. This was the first light bulb that suggested to me that I might be dealing with something like heat rash. It reminded me of the miserable time as a child when I had poison ivy all over my face. This memory sent me to my medicine cabinet. What did I have that might soothe my skin? I had numerous tubes of hydrocortisone itch creams, antibiotic gels, etc'and a very old almost empty bottle of Caladryl Clear'hmm: Poison Ivy and Caladryl. Now I know I don't have poison Ivy, but it sort of feels like it and my mother used to slather me with that pink calamine lotion when I had poison ivy; maybe it would feel good now. I tried it and it was ok. Not quite what I was hoping for but it didn't make it worse. I felt that familiar tightening and drying effect. I decided to go to the drugstore and pick up a bottle that wasn't 14 years old. I also got Ceravae wash and Jason's 84% Aloe Vera Cream. My skin started to feel soothed. Last night I noticed it was a soft pink rather than bright red. This morning there were just a few white heads and a definite decrease in inflammation. My s/o remarked about how much better it was looking. So here is what seems to be working for me: Wash with Ceravae 2-3 times a day. Follow with a layer of Calamine. Once dry, put the Jason's cream over it. I hope it continues to improve. It definitely feels better. I think the Caladryl not only soothes and dries out blemishes, but also provides a protective layer to help your skin heal underneath. The Jason's cream feels fabulous. I found it at a natural foods store. I don't think a typical drugstore carries it. Also the Calamine dries whitish which tones down any redness and can be used as a base that helps my makeup stick and look natural.

I want to clarify that I started with Caladryl Clear. It helped but when I realized it had parabens and no actual calamine (just the Zinc), I switched to the pink calamine. I like it better. I think it lets your skin breathe better than the clear stuff and it's a better base for powder or makeup.

awesome results

shrunk my zits without burning my skin. i sometimes use toothepaste on the big, sore pimples, which does work, but can burn your skin if you are not careful. Calamine lotion provides the same benefit, but is more gentle. Plus, you can use it all over. Love it.

Popular Household/Natural