Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream Reviews

Brand: Burt's Bees

Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

Worked for a while, but not long enough

Okay so I have mixed feelings about this product. I love the way it smells and feels on my skin, it feels cold and refreshing. I also love how my skin felt after I washed it off! Cream cleansers like this one are very nice in my opinion. And it even helped for a while! But I found that it was maybe TOO deep of a cleanser for my skin, as it started to irritate it and cause me to break out. This isn't odd for me, as it took me years to finally find a product that keeps the acne away (I have super sensitive skin). But for others I'm sure this product would work great! Just be careful not to squeeze too much out, it's very thick and lotion like! That being said, Burts Bees has great products. Would recommend to a friend who doesn't have super sensitive skin.

Pretty great stuff

I have normal, sensitive, acne and redness prone skin. I just started using this 5 days ago but the experience has been great so far. It freshens your face and moisturizes wonderfully. It has a natural smell. Using in conjunction with drinking 32 oz of water with 2 teaspoons to a tablespoon of Raw Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar per day has cleared up my skin with a little bit of an adjustment period in my skin from the detox, but nothing I couldn't handle. I recommend at least trying it.

Not for me

I could not get this to rinse off my skin, even when I washed with something else right after. It left a waxy film. If you wash your hands with it you'll see the water bead up and sit on your skin. The smell is really strong menthol and makes your skin tingle, which I don't mind but heard that is not good for your face. I gave this a chance for a few days and then was covered in cystic acne.

LOVE IT!

Leaves skin feeling fresh All natural Moisturizes skin! I got this last year and I love it. You seriously feel it clean your face! It really moisturizes your face and makes you face feel very fresh and clean!

Comments

The best cleanser I've ever used!

Natural ingredients, unlike Cetaphil! Non-drying Refreshing Expensive Firstly, I should point out that this cleanser will do nothing for your acne, but that's why I love it. For topical treatment, I think it's best to follow a 3 step approach, just like that advocated on acne.org: cleanse -> treat -> moisturise. For the cleansing part, you just want to get your face clean with a product which isn't medicated. Frankly, you can't go wrong with this one! Don't be put off by the fact that it's a cream, this has never caused me to break out at all. It's lovely and soothing, and really helps the skin feel clean after use. What's more, unlike most cleansers, it doesn't dry the skin out at all! I only treat in the evenings (Differin), and in the mornings I could probably avoid using moisturiser if I wanted to. It's slightly expensive, but I highly highly recommend it!

Guest SmTwnGrl
Guest SmTwnGrl

Gentle Non drying Smells good does not cause break outs None This is a great cleanser. If you like foamy cleansers that leave your skin feeling tight afterwards, this is not for you. This cleanser is creamy and non drying. I use it every morning and at night I use obagi clenziderm system. This cleanser is not an acne fighting cleanser but I have noticed improvement in over all appearance. And it does not make me break out, been using it for 6 weeks.

Comments

None Did not remove makeup skin didnt feel clean atall skin was more than usually oily I have got bad acne and tried absoultly everthing this is one of the worst cleansers, my skin isnt sensitive but this made my skin red a patchy and didnt feel clean atall, if you like something that makes your face feel clean this isnt for you! horrid product ! i have changed now to liz earle and its amazing and that is still naturall, also COD LIVER OIL omg !! i love it clearning my skin up after 3 days of taking the capsuals ! but do not get this cleanser waste of money :) !

Comments

Skin felt smooth Reduced some Redness Great smell Somewhat Drying If you're looking for a good facial cleanser then this is what you should be using! This has made my face feel so smooth after cleansing with it. It did help with some of my acne but did not help with preventing future breakouts. You should use this if you want smooth skin!!!

Guest Jenna
Guest Jenna

does what it says. none I had really bad acne I applied neosporin 3 times a day while cleansing once a day and using the yes to cucumber face wipes for make up removal and it helped clear it up in two months. Now my self esteem is a lot better. If your like me and you've tried everything from clearasil to Noxema try something that's a little bit more natural with less harsh chemicals and see if it doesnt help. Maybe your alergic to those who know I think I might have been. I love this stuff. Hope it helps!

Comments

Smells amazing Fresh feeling skin Reduces redness Lasts ages Cleared up some acne Softer skin Stings the eyes A bit pricey Doesn't clear up acne entirely A good facial cleanser. Reduces redness and doesn't irritate your skin. Cleared up some of my spots but not all. Deep cleansing and smells lovely. You can definitely feel it's working. Stings your eyes even if it's applied nowhere near! Does tingle slightly but it's not unpleasant. Doesn't make your face feel dry after using.

Guest ashley
Guest ashley

Gentle for my skin Doesn't make me break out Doesn't irritate my skin Stings if it gets in my eyes This cleanser is no good on its own, it only works when I use it with my clarisonic--then I love it!

Comments

Leaves skin soft, that's about it! Feels weird when you wash it off, like a greasy feeling. Smells weird as well. Causes more breakouts. All it really did was make my skin softer. Did not improve my acne at all. Seems like it just made it worse!

Guest kieran
Guest kieran

Doesn't over-dry Removes oil Leaves skin smooth Smells nice Doesn't help with acne I used this regularly for quite awhile before I switched to Dan's products. I liked it as a basic cleanser, because it cleansed my oily skin, didn't leave me feeling overly dry, and left my face nice and smooth. However, I saw no improvements in my acne while I was using it. It didn't seem to worsen my breakouts... just didn't help them.

Guest nikki
Guest nikki

very good for sensitive skin! reduces redness makes your skin really soft and healthy looking nice smell cooling does not completley clear acne by it self i've been using this on and off for about 2 years, i love this stuff if you have sensitive skin this will really help with acne and take away redness also i've notice when ever i start using something else(even as gentle as cetaphil) my skin breaks out horribley if you want to slear your skin up though you should really try taking supplements like zinc fish oil vitamin c chromium or a mult vitamin (i take all... lol) but zinc and fish oil are most important

Guest missheidi
Guest missheidi

Cooling Acne not worse Nice scent Acne still exists Not good on whiteheads/blackheads After a few hours, face is greasy It's good for people with an occasional/hormonal breakout. It's not good for blackheads or whiteheads...I've actually collected more using this than anything else.

Comments

Gentle. 98% natural ingredients. Cheaper than anything a dermatologist would give you. Did not aggravate my sensitive skin at all. Revealed patterns in my acne that showed I have hormonal acne. It helped to clear some acne, but since there is no active ingredient, it didn't clear it all the way. This is the only cleanser I've found any results with. It has relaxed my sensitive skin and helped to relieve dry patches. While it's not an acne fighter alone, it can easily fit into Dan's system.

Popular Cream