Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (4% or 8%) Creamy Wash Reviews

Brand: Brevoxyl

Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (4% or 8%) Creamy Wash

Seems to be doing the trick!

Clears Skin Easy to use It is drying, but then thats how it works I am one of those unfortunate people who have suffered from mild to moderate acne since my early teen years. When I was young I was prescribed clindamycin by my derm, and it did the trick throughout my teen years upto my second year in college, when my acne suddenly became of a different variety, leaving dark red marks behind, ensuring I always wore concealer, which led to a vicious cycle. Fast forward a year out of college, and I decided to get to the bottom of my skin issues. I consulted a bunch of derms, who all prescribed me the usual suspects: Retin A, Adapalene, Tretinoin Pills, Oral Antibiotics, Benzyl Peroxide and Clindamycin. I was very clear that I didn't want to ingest anything for my acne, and both Retin A and Adapalene broke me out really badly when I first started using them. I know that they are supposed to, but for me this was so bad that I didn't want to get out of bed and go to work. However, I found that using the combination of 5% Benzyl Peroxide and 1% Clindamycin cleared my skin, including the really painful cystic acne I used to get, but it made my skin very very painfully itchy. Even with lots of moisturizer. I persisted and kept using the combination for a few months, which led to completely clear, but extremely itchy skin. I would be sitting in a meeting, and I just couldn't stop itching my face. I realized that I was going to go mad itching my skin and stopped. And within a month of stopping, the acne came back with a vengeance. I decided that I should try the non-chemical route, and tried a bunch of natural products like sandalwood powder, turmeric, tree tea oil and neem oil. Needless to say, my skin got from bad to worse, with neem oil giving me a horrendous outbreak. At this point I gave in and went back to 5% BP , which started clearing my outbreak, but was making me super itchy as usual. I was talking my my mom about my ordeal, and she suggested I just wash off the BP cream after an hour. Which is when I thought, for the very first time, are there face washes with Benzyl Peroxide in them? And that is how I found Brevoxyl. I have only been using it for a week, and its such a huge relief. I no longer have to suffer from the itchiness of the BP gel, while this facewash continues clearing my skin of pimples. I have been using it twice daily, and it does make your skin dry, so I moisturize afterwards. I am very very thankful to have found a product that is clearing up my skin after years and years!!!

User189544
For how long brevoxyl is kept on face before washing it off ?
Guest KERI
Guest KERI

BEST PRODUCT FOR ACNE I LOVE BREVOXYL ITS SO EFFECTIVE !!! I got rid of all my pimples!! now I got my confidence back! My face is sooooo flawless!!! LOVE IT!!!

Please explain the procedure of applying it
Please explain the procedure of applying it
Guest Matt
Guest Matt

None After a few days of use, my jawline felt abnormally tight, but not necessarily dry. A few days later the area I was washing began to peel like a snake shedding its skin I was very optimistic trying this product after reading so many good reviews on here. However I had an awful experience with this stuff. My skin peeled so badly that my face was red and raw. I used cetaphil cream (the heavy stuff) and that helped a little. I was using it once a day. I have since switched to Epiduo and have seen great results

Guest mindy
Guest mindy

It did wonders for me, But I was also taking birth control, both combined I had maybe one zit a month. dried my skin out and made me look a little red cheeked Help81, did you try getting a higher dosage? The same thing happened to me before I got onto birth control and that was 4%. So my doctor put me on 8%, and I never got another zit after that, but birth control is seriously the acne wonder pill.

Guest Mae
Guest Mae

Clear skin! drying effect, I never had to wear a moisturizer then but it was well worth it! Perfect Product! I love it! I used it for 2 weeks then my skin cleared up, then I just use twice a week or when I have breakouts especially during summertime.

Guest Cori
Guest Cori

I had tons of little bumps all over my chin that would turn into severe nasty acne and since and started using the facewash they are dried out and i havent gotten any new ones! dries my face to were i cant smile haha

Comments

Clears up my skin and keeps it consistently in good shape.I took antibiotics w/ this but the real magic came when I started using Creme de la Mer moisturizing lotion (NOT the creme, but the one in a pump). I've never had perfect skin until now. Drying, suggest a great moisturizer. Don't change everything at once or you won't be able to tell what is working or not working. Suggest getting used to Brevoxyl before changing your moisturizer out. Buy Creme de la mer PUMP lotion with this. It's expensive but so worth the combined investment. And I never splurge on beauty gimics or "celebrity" products. But now, I never have to take antibiotics. Both Brevoxyl and Creme de la Mer have their own success stories. The two combined have saved my skin. I even failed with two courses of Acutane. So this was a huge success story for me!

Guest Mel
Guest Mel

The only wash that has ever cleared up my face! Occasional breakouts though. Product lasts a while, if you do not use more than needed, and work into a lather. Really dries out your face the fisrt 2 weeks but after those 2 weeks your face will be used to the product. Price varies depending on your insurace plan. Usually I pay $10 but I payed $50 once when my insurance did not cover it. Pro Actvi just didn't cut it for me. I have been using Brevoxyl for 5 years and I will not use anything else. If you are able to, give the product a try. Yeah you will be really dry for a week or two (use an oil free moisturize) but you will see results in a few days, and the dryness will subside.

Guest Silvia
Guest Silvia

Texture of wash is fine and isn't too foamy when lathered and smell doesn't make me cough. Cleared up most major acne and comedomes on jawline I have sensitive skin that dries out quickly with things like this so I had to use it once every other day at night. Moisturized with Cetaphil or a Neutrogena. Worked well but I ran out of the perscrip and using just a gentle wash more ofter started working great for me! If I need to I will use it again

Guest Alex
Guest Alex

noticeable overnight results. pimples all went within the second week of use leaves skin quite dry i found that if you use it constantly at first (eg. the first two weeks) then use normal non harsh, sensitive skin body wash every second day and a light moisturizer instead of bervoxyl, alternating between the both, your skin feels more soft and moisturized.

Guest Help81
Guest Help81

I was prescribed this about a year ago along with Retin-A micro and Finacea. I used Cetaphil in the morning and then Finacea and Brevoxyl-8 and Retin-A at night. I saw results really fast and I have been using it for a year consistently. However, I'm not sure if my skin is building resistance to it because I started breaking out again. Has anyone experienced this who has been using this product for more than a year? Are you not supposed to use it everyday after awhile? I don't know what to do ... I switched to Panoxyl-10 because I thought maybe I needed to up my dosage, but it is irritating my skin and causing me to break out even more. I can't take this anymore!

Guest Veronica
Guest Veronica

THIS PRODUCT CHANGED MY LIFE!!! I used to suffer from really embarrassing acne to the point where I didn't even want to leave my house some days. I haven't had to worry about a breakout since I started using it. I recommend it to everyone!! None Amazing stuff- I've tried every over the counter acne product, retin-a-micro, minicycline, ortho tri cycline, clindamycin..... this is the only thing that's worked

Guest M Ryle
Guest M Ryle

Loved this wash, got the generic and for the price, it got rid of those nasty cysts I had. I wear a mask all day, so I need something that is effective. My chin gets it the worst. A little drying, but it's worth it. Especially if you use it at night, by the morning, you've produced so much oil that the dryness subsides Get this wash and try it. I've tried everything, and this works. You have to find out what works for your skin. It's so embarassing and frustrating to have acne, especially in my mid 30's. I even had someone make a rude comment to me about my skin. Now I only get good comments.

Please explain the procedure of its application
Guest JCL93
Guest JCL93

It worked OK after a while, but I could have found somthing beter at a store. It made my skin soft, and it worked good at clearing up acne on my uper chest. Like I said, I could have found somthing better at the store. But you have to be careful with it if you have it in your shower, because the contaner and some of the stuff on the inside of it gets moldy easily. Its realy not that great, but thats also my skin. which well isn't that great. so its more up to your skin.

Guest sat!
Guest sat!

worse @ first but it's working rly good and i've tried more than a thousand other face washes! my face is stiff now and i can't move it after using it lol also it's got a little worse @ first stif face but it workssss :D

Guest Kat
Guest Kat

You can feel it start working the first time its used It stings a little when you leave it on for too long I'm using this along with Ziana and also Yaz birth control. I feel these three have made a HUGE difference in my skin. I highly recommend this if you have good insurance, I'm paying $4.00 for each prescription and it comes with 6 refills.

Popular Topical