Brevoxyl-4 Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) Cream Reviews

Brand: Brevoxyl-4

Brevoxyl-4 Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) Cream

Tig

Excellent product self esteem saver!

Better than every other topical product I've tried - and I've tried nearly all of them. I know it's only 4% but if applied like dan says in his regimen it works absolutely brilliantly. I've suffered with acne my whole life and my self esteem has been saved by brevoxyl. Pleasant fragrance and sinks in quickly. Got a bit of dryness at first but moisturising helped and after a while so did the dryness. Great product.

Fair enough!!

Not as efficient as 10% BPO but does it job.Not over drying if used properly.Upside is the fragrance is not bad as other benzoyl peroxide creams.It will treat the spots.but takes it time.

Irritated sensitive skin

I used this product morning and night due to my normal skin care routine. I have very sensitive skin so I am often allergic to some ingredients in certain acne creams (for example Epiduo, another cream) causing me to break out horrifically. This happened with this cream. The first few days my skin was ok and the product made my skin feel very soft and smooth, but on the 5th day of using it I broke out awfully with irritated skin.

I love it!!!

Works fast Gets rid of your spots Cheap Leaves you with dry skin This month I've developed really bad acne on my chin. The spots were all red and I didn't even want to go out my house because they looked awful! So I ordered brevoxyl on eBay and it has really helped my spots! I'm on day three of using it and my spots are nearly all gone! I usually apply this twice a day leave it on at night and when I wake up use tea tree oil as well which helps :)

Worked amazingly for 1 year but acne returned

Very gentle compared to other BP products Free on NHS Works well on moderate-mild acne takes ages to apply (I used two layers) Started breaking out again after a year runs out fast After using Panoxyl 5% and getting a huge swollen red face I needed something more gentle-my dermotologist prescribed me brevoxyl for free on NHS. Despite brevoxyl being 4% I could apply two coatings of it and still not have any redness(used in conjunction with an oil-free moisturizer). As a result I cleared up almost completely and stayed that way for about a year before It became ineffective and I started breaking out again. I'm not sure about the reason why but I switched to epiduo and it has worked wonders. However, That's not to say that brevoyl wasn't an excellent non-irritating form of BP-you just have to use loads of it

Note that I have never used BP face washes-just stick to generic face wash without beads e.t.c and use a scrub or mask once a week to clear up dead skin cells

Worked well

Reduces acne Cheap Prescription only (in the UK) Discontinued product (UK) Stains clothing/ pillows/ towels It successfully reduced my comedonal acne/ clogged pores very well (but did not completely eliminate it), and I found the 4% strength didn't dry out my skin in comparison to other 5% benzoyl peroxide creams. It goes on smoothly to your skin but takes a bit of massaging to rub it in properly. It has been discontinued in the UK so I've stopped using it and found I am now breaking out so it shows the product was effective.

Comments

no pros My skin got really dry My acne got a little worst I started this treatement with a lot of positive thoughts but sadly it haven't done anything to my face. It just caused me a painful dryness. However ,I recommend it because as i see , this product has many fans. No product was good for me so I have started to take diane 35. I can't wait to see if it works.

Guest Manu
Guest Manu

This is the only product that worked on my otherwise stubborn acne which i have been suffering for 15 years. I started using it along with a little amount of Retin A. Both prosucts were used on alternate days and i applied a simple moisturizer everyday. Never dried my skin out. Never experienced a break out after that. I have continued using it even on my TOTALLY CLEAR skin to prevent any breakouts. Makes skin red for a while but the redness goes after 10 mins of use MUST TRY! i simply loved this product. This worked amazingly for me.

Comments

Cleared some of my pimples Reduces redness Dries your skin (I recommend using Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion) Stings at first In the first week I got new pimples at places I usually wouldn't get (jawline, neck and back) This has cleared my acne along with the face wash from Neutrogena (Acne Stress Control Power Cream Wash - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT). I found that dabbing the cream onto the pimples worked best. Also, spread some on your face even if there aren't pimples in that area, because once your pimple disappears it will move somewhere else! After the cream dries I usually dab another dot onto the pimple. After that the pimple usually disappears within 2 days.

Guest Jess
Guest Jess

It starts to clear within the first day of using it, I found that if I used it twice a day it cleared a lot quicker!! can make my face feel a bit tingley after using it. In the last few weeks i have had te most irrating forehead so itchy and i would scratch it and could feel the bumps hated it!! So i found this scream called Brevoxyl 4 in my room that my mum got me a while back and it has helped clear up in only 3 days!! I have not worn anything else i.e makeup for 3 days to work just this and it has done wonders!! I would recommend it to anyone!! no more red itchy sports on my head, acne or pimples!!! So happy overall!! :)

clears up after a few days, however you have to be consistent it stings and pimple becomes red in the beginning i used to have severe acne from the age of 11 till 16 when i took acutane pills and cleared up. i used to use brevoxyl when i had severe acne but didnt do much for me. however, now i get 1-2 pimples every month or so and i use brevoxyl and it clears them up after 2-3 applicatons.

Comments

- works quickly to prevent pimples - started to clear my skin within 2 weeks - inexpensive - prevents any new pimples from growing - can be very drying if not used with a good moisturizer Really awesome when used properly. I have been using this for a few months now and i have never been so happy with my skin! start off on a tiny amount at a time to prevent extreme drying so that your skin can take to the product and so that you know if your skin can handle it. All in all a great product

- clears skin within 2 weeks of use - gets rid of up coming breakouts very quickly - prevets breakouts - dries put skin especially around the nose area This is a great product i love what it has done for my skin it is clean and clear. This is great for people with moderate or light acne. Start using in very small amounts so that your skin doesnt over react

Guest Ryan
Guest Ryan

I tried using proactive, which seemed to only make my acne a lot worse. After 8 weeks of proactive I gave up and used Brevoxyl 4%, it worked amazingly and now I only get a few pumps here and there, where as before 2 or 3 would spawn over night. not sure how well it works on the nose, or if thats just my skin going crazy. I recommend trying it because its cheap and effective. You can find it for around $12, so you don't have much to lose and if your skin types like mine, a lot to gain

Guest sadia
Guest sadia

it works really fast. peeling & itching of skin my acne cleared in 3days of use..i used it in a combination with antibiotic azomax & i am happy with the results :)

Comments

In my experience, less drying than Dan's 2.5% treatment and stronger too. quite hard to find. Have been on the Dan's regimen for about 2 years, never quite had my skin clear. Costed a lot of money so I switched out all products for UK based ones and with Brevoxyl i'm finally clear!

Guest Lydia
Guest Lydia

When i use this cream my acne tends to rage for 5-10 minutes until the cream takes effect and reduces redness and angriness of it. I started out with moderate acne and began using this cream to find my acne had got severe, also it tends to make my skin very dry and itchy. I did not find this cream helpful at all really, it made my acne much worse than it was!

Comments

Clears active acne Reduce future breakouts On the beginning it made my skin peeling It makes my skin really dry(strong moisturaizer is essential) Its a really good product.I am using it for 3 weeks and my skin is much clearer.I had an awful breakout on the second week but it healed fast.I dont have active acne atm only some scars that fading

Clears blackheads and surface pimples quickly. Dries out the skin. This product is the only thing that has actually cleared my acne. I have had horrible acne for 15 years and I found that nothing seemed to work. Deeper pimples usually take longer to disappear, I found after 2-3 weeks they started to clear properly. It does make your face dry but with an oil free moisturizer it won't become a problem. I highly recommend this item for sufferers of acne, but moisturize your skin!

may i know how to use this cream. i just squeeze it into my fore-finger and just keep it on the area of acne and just leave it. i wont massage or spread it. is this a correct way of using the cream? and i use it all night and morning after bath i use nivea soft moisturizer. is this a good practice or i should use it twice
Guest Jackie
Guest Jackie

This works on any mild breakouts on the back or chest. Not useful on cystic acne on the face/jawline. I also find it bleaches clothing sometimes. I have been on accutane twice. Both times, my skin cleared up beautifully. I went 1 year after the first one before breaking out horribly again. It's been 5 years since the last time, and now I'm getting horrible breakouts on my jawline and chin. It's depressing and annoying! The Brevoxyl does not help this at all. It's very frustrating. I am putting YES for recommend for back/chest but not for cystic acne or face.

Guest katie
Guest katie

i have been using this product every a.m. and p.m. this was in combination with solodyn(an antibiotic) it has been about 2 months and my face looks a lot better, but if i forget then i will have a large blemish appear on my forehead. it does dry my face and make it red. but i am also using retin a so that contributes to it too. my acne was terrible on my forehead and now it is mild if any. i am 13 and have had acne since i was 9. i am so happy to be clearing it up.

Guest Kirsten
Guest Kirsten

Within a couple of days of using this product I had no new spots forming and the old ones had begun to fade so it worked very quickly It dries the skin and used it morning and evening for three days and woke up in the morning with a VERY puffed up face. It said on the leaflet that it can cause temporary facial swelling though and I wasn't going out that day for which I'm very glad. The product definitely works, but if you only have mild to moderate acne then be careful that you don't use too much. I think once every other night will be enough for me as I'm still trying to exfoliate all this dry skin off lol

Comments

the product is fairly cheap it causes the skin to get very dry, itchy and i found out the results are very minimum so i would not recommend this product as i have been using this product for 3 weeks now and the acne still hasnt cleared im soo depressed. i occasionally stopped using the cream for a while because the cream caused my skin to become tight and very dry and peeled my skin.

Guest Katie
Guest Katie

I found this cream excellent cleared up my achne in under 2 weeks, stops break outs completly i love my new skin! if you dont moisturise skin becomes dry. If you have mild to moderate achne this is perfect for your skin, use it when you wake up and go to sleep for perfect skin.

Guest Tracy
Guest Tracy

cleared up acne really fast! it smells! and it dries out skin and makes it splochy and red, so use lots of moisturizer. use a good moisturizer, exfoliate and cleanse skin, then use the creme...it will clear up your skin really fast!

Popular Topical