x

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

Brand: Braggs

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical)

Have to go on accutane to cure what it did to my face
Reviewed on November 29, 2017

Used it for a month for my enormous pores, had about 2-3 pimples before starting to use it. It started breaking me out so freaking badly, my face was never NEVER this bad. I have stopped looking in the mirror. I have huge painful zits all over my face, my dark spots are darker, my face is red, everything is a mess..everybody asks what has happened to my face, while making a disgusted face. And guess what the pores are worse. Wish I had never done this mistake. Thankyou acv for making me want to die. And yes I did moisturize and used 25:75 acv:water

Best thing I ever did!
Reviewed on October 27, 2017

I am 37 and had acne during certain periods throughout my life. 18, 27 and then it just recently started acting up. I mostly handle it with supplements, which has worked extremely well in the past, but this last bout was stubborn. I was getting these little bumps around my chin, and some would become cystic. I have always been a fan of ACV in my diet, but never considered using it as a topical. THANK GOD I DID!

About two weeks ago, I had a revelation, without even reading any reviews (came here after the fact) and started using it as a topical. I do not dilute it, shake it up and use it straight out of the bottle. OMG, my skin cleared up in two days, hand to god, it's amazing. Since then, I use it morning and night and my skin has never looked better. All the bumps are gone, and my skin is super smooth. I know everyone is different, and some things may not work for everyone, but this was a miracle for me.

Hope this helps!

A Miracle Product for Cystic Acne
Reviewed on October 15, 2017

This product is incredible. It has worked wonders to clear up my acne. I had an awful breakout a year ago and had cystic acne all over my jawline and neck area. I have used this in conjunction with some other natural remedies and my acne has completely cleared up.

I have created a step by step video with before and after pictures that explains exactly what I did to clear my skin so if you are interested, please click the link in my bio.

I would really like to help other acne sufferers who are experiencing cystic acne and are trying desperately to clear it because I was you only a short time ago, and I am so much happier now.

Thank you for reading!

Minimal results, but a handy pick-me-up
Reviewed on October 12, 2017

I have come back to ACV as a cheap toner quite a few times now, but on it's own I never see a huge difference. If your skin's feeling a little gross still after washing it can help out, and it does seem to have a smoothing effect, but I saw no major differences in my acne. It's nice, but certainly not the miracle cure for acne, and can make skin more sensitive if you already have sensitive skin.

Generally, I only use ACV when I'm not on any prescribed medicine because it is too drying. Even then though, if I use it every day than after maybe a week my skin will start to get dry unless I slather on loads of moisturizer. So overall I use it sparingly. Also, I find that it works best in a spray bottle rather than on cotton pads because of the rubbing.

But, given how recently my skin has been dry and much more oily than usual, I may go back to ACV anyway.

four stars due to my inflammation
Reviewed on October 4, 2017

I started using this a week ago every morning and night, at first it was amazing and I could see the difference but now my spots are really red and inflamed.. is this meant to happen? and if so when will it start to get better? and when will I start to notice a real difference?

thanks

wow
Reviewed on September 17, 2017

I never believed that any one product could change my skin. In my view, acne had to be treated holistically. But I was wrong; this one product has healed my skin. I have NO new breakouts.

I have read all the other reviews for ACV as a topical treatment. And I really think ACV only works for certain kinds of acne. There's "no one size fits all" in acne treatment. So I encourage people to experiment with potency in your ACV/water solutions. And to listen to your skin. If you're feeling itching, burning, something is wrong and you should stop. Your skin should never feel that way.

I'm going to share my personal journey with acne and if your experience sounds like mine, I encourage you to try acv. My journey with acne started around age 17 when I was prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide, a topical antibiotic (clindamycin), and RetinA for very mild teenage acne. I used those two medications religiously for a year. It worked really well. But my medication started to run out and I didn't care to refill them because my skin was clear. A few months later I started wearing makeup and cleansing my face daily. When I wore makeup I washed my face with up to 2 kinds of cleanser. I had also started college around that time so food and lifestyle were totally out of whack.

Over the past three years, my acne got progressively worse as I tried all different kinds of treatments and natural remedies. Nothing helped because the more I tried to "fix" my skin, the more I weakened it's ability to do its job.

About two weeks ago, with a face full of red inflamed bumps, hyperpigmentation and clogged pores, I went out on a limb to try acv. I saw a huge difference in ONE night. The inflamation had gone down and everything looked like it was healing.

Here is my daily routine:

Wake up, take a soft cotton pad, dip it in organic pure safflower oil, LIGHTLY drag the cotton pad across my skin to pick up debris, dip a new cotton pad in DILUTED (1part acv,2 parts water) acv solution, again very lightly drag across my skin, being very thorough to reach every part of my skin, remoisturize with a dime size amount of safflower oil. That's all I do.

I do NOT wash my face with cleanser ever. I only splash my face with water occasionally and only with lukewarm or cold water. An important note here: I experienced a period of breaking out in the first week which I attributed to using too much pressure when I cleaned my skin with the cotton pad. Please be very gentle!! After I paid extra attention to gentle movements, my skin cleared right up again.

In addition to this routine, I run and do strength training 3x a week, I strictly never eat processed foods or sugar, but I allow myself to eat anything else as long as I cook it myself. I try to go to bed before midnight every night as well.

But the big difference here was not using any cleanser, maintaining a healthy ph level with the acv solution and keeping skin moisturized. After that, damaged, overwashed skin will take care of itself and heal. Hope this helps

Toner
Reviewed on July 31, 2017

I've been using this for about 2 weeks. I dilute the vinegar 1:1 with water and use it as a toner after I wash my face. It leaves your face a little dry/smooth and obviously it smells pretty strongly (I find it goes away after a while,it might just be me adjusting). I've ALWAYS had texture on my nose and this has made it completely smooth. As for my acne, it's definitely improved. I 100% recommend this to everyone

Broke me out???
Reviewed on June 17, 2017

I had a lot of questioning happening with myself when I tried out unfiltered apple cider vinegar (topically & in my diet; separately tested) for my acne and I was surprised to see that instead of helping it as I heard it had for most people, it made my acne more inflamed and worse!! I pushed through it and tried to keep taking it to see if it would get any better but I just saw the bad results and couldn't take the risk of it getting even worse anymore

by IharaG on 07/31/2017 05:25
Did you dilute it?
by B.C. on 01/15/2018 15:02
ACV breaks me out badly when I drink it. Could be I have enough stomach acid anyway,or my system is naturally more acidic.
Most definetly give it a try
Reviewed on June 8, 2017

Hey guys, My name is diamond and im 13 and i have very bad acne all over my face. Not so bad on my forehead but on my cheeks, jaw line. It isnt very bad , but to me it is bad. Acne lowers my self esteem at times. And it makes me very frustrated because nothings works. I looked high and low on the internet, and i have tryed many things but it never works, I use all products as such as Noxzema, Bioré , Olay products , St ives many things and home remedies but NOTHING works. My acne treatment routine is usally wash my face , Cleanse with noxzema and probably try some acne removal products. Not too long ago i started using Bioré (Charcoal one) I saw change but not too much. Remind you. I have lots of small bumps. I never really had huge pimples.. they come once in a blue moon. Recently my sister told me about Apple Cidar Vinegar and i tried it. I saw a difference in my acne INSTANTLY. Although if you dont mix it with water it may start to make your face itch..and it has a smell too but its ok. I recommend if you try this Mix it with watet and shake it up because it may make your face itchy. Im so glad i found out about this. I promise myself i will use it everyday. Hopefully my mom gets me a dermetologist soon. I totally think everyone struggling with acne should try this. It made my bumps smaller and all..its amazing i love it! TRY IT TRY IT TRYYY IT!! And to all the people struggling with acne..May god help get through this i hope one day you may no longer suffer from this you are beautiful with acne or with out it. Be confident. God made us all a certain way. Learn to accept and love yourself. Because you are beautiful no matter what. ❤

It's a MAGIC!
Reviewed on May 19, 2017

I normally use acv on my salad's dressing or put some in my food prep to add flavor. I had never knew people actly use acv on face to cure acne until I read an article. My face breakout seriously in this month (don't know why) and I was so upset to see those red bumpy dots especially at my lower left chin area. Moreover, my face turns dry and much oilier than usual.

Post the article, I did a lot of findings & reading people's review on using acv as facial toner. Most of the reviews are with +ve rate & hence, I took the courage to try it on my face. It's been 2 weeks since my 1st use and I think I'm ready to share my experience here.

The ratio of my acv toner is 2:1, i.e.: 2 for water & 1 for acv. The ratio is vary depends on the acceptance of the acidic concentration of each individual. I use filtered water instead of tap water because tap water contains chlorine which I believe the mixture from chlorine and acv isn't safe to skin. My 1st application was at night before bedtime and I got to see the result on the next morning! My face's acne shrink and they appeared less reddish! I was so surprised to see the result and I decided to replace my normal face toner with this so call acv toner.

My skin care routine at home include cleanse, exfoliate (twice a week), toner, serum, mask (twice a week), moisturiser & eye cream, benzac ac 5. Although since after using acv my acne cure faster than any other method I ever tried, but, I started to realize my face was getting drier and tighter on the 3rd or 4th day. Then, I decided to do a small adjustment on my skin care routine -- apply sheet mask every night after serum and followed by the last 2 steps. With is small adjustment, my face is getting better, less oily, smoother & supple now although scars are still there on my face. Anyhow, I'm happy to see the improvement of my face from day to day.

Despite how it cures my acne, below are my comments about this home remedy in other aspects:

1. Smell?: The sour smell from the acv itself will stay on the face for awhile but it's OK, I don't really bother about the smell.LOLx. (PS: It stings so do avoid eye area.)

2. Pores getting smaller?: Yes, can see my pores getting smaller along my acne recovering period.

3. Does it helps on black and whiteheads?: Yes. I find the extraction/removal especially on my nose is much easier now. I don't need to squeeze that much like past. Moreover, I can remove them using tweezer!

4. Does it even out my skin tone?: Yes. but isn't that significant to me since my skin tone is OK.

5. Does it helps fade away scars?: Whichever related to scar takes time. So, I still monitoring the scars on my face.

I swear I will never buy any toner for now. Just stick to this home remedy will do. Save $$ and save my skin.

*Happy reading*

• Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org