I copied and pasted a comment I made on a blog. This will get rid of your acne.
The acne was gone for some time and came back until I've discovered how to get rid of it FOREVER (recently about a year ago I discovered the missing piece). Before I tell you what to do, I'm going to educate you on how the skin works. Many people like to buy products or start harsh treatments without knowing what they do. It is important to know how the skin functions before using anything. First of all, your skin likes oil. Sebum, also known as an oil or fat is naturally acidic to keep bacteria away. Our skin is at a ph between 4-5-5.5 to keep acne away and healthy bacteria on our skin. The issue is humans like to strip their acidic mantle (oil) and dry out their barrier, which makes our skin OVERPRODUCE OIL AND MIXES WITH DEAD SKIN CELLS (your pore gets clogged). You are breaking out because you have dead skin cells sitting on your surface that aren't being properly shed. You have DRY dead skin cells. Our skin knows how to desquamate or shed unless the barrier is dry and damaged. We have certain enzymes that shed our skin but when it's disrupted we get inflammation or dry skin or acne. Our skin needs to be properly balanced with the right amount oil and water, similar to our natural barrier. Too much oil, you get acne. Too much dead skin you get acne. Cleansers and certain alkaline products do this (SOAP). Think about it: Why do you think some of your friends who do nothing to their skin have great skin? They aren't stripping the acidic mantle, or oil from their skin. Most of these people probably cleanse once a night or never. Now I'm going to tell you what to do for clear skin FOREVER.
At night ONCE A NIGHT: Use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (not the daily facial one) for thirty seconds up to a minute max. Why? cleansing the skin too long causes dryness which in turn causes skin cells to dry out and clog your pores. They stick to the pore and do not know how to exfoliate properly. You need to keep skin acidic. If you cleanse too long skin becomes alkaline and a breeding ground for bacteria to invade.
Next: Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing CREAM (not lotion): With your palms melt this moisturizer on your face. Do not rub!!!!! Pat it into your skin so it absorbs. This cream is in a range of 4.5-5.5. It will keep acne away by being acidic and providing water to the skin that aids in exfoliation/desquamates. Never I mean ever again scrub your skin, rub it hard, never. Moisturizers exfoliate the skin that's a secret. People think they have to scrub and get rid of those dead skin cells that cause acne. NOPE. A moisturizer with oil and water will dissolve dead skin in about an hour and you'll glow. So as I was saying...melt it into your skin and put your finger on your face and if you see oil, good job. That oil is going to dissolve those dead skin cells that cause pore blockage (in about an hour your skin will glow bc all the dead skin went bye bye). Now when you pat it, pat it for about ten seconds or 15. You don't want to be patting it too long or rubbing. You also can sweep it on your face in an outward motion or downward. The point is youre applying heat to the moisturizer. and you are dabbing/patting You can even rub the moisturizer in your hands first then swipe it on your face (that works wonders). What you just did is you made the moisturizer absorb better into your skin and you created a barrier from air and harsh winds. Your skin needs to stay moisturized in order to be acne-free. Acne medications do get rid of acne bc they increase cell turnover and shedding as I mentioned, but guess what???????? MOISTURIZERS DO THAT TOO EXCEPT IT DOESNT DRY OUT YOUR SKIN. People who have healthy skin have acidic skin and moisturized skin. Okay so back to the regimen....you cleanse ONCE A NIGHT AND APPLY THIS CREAM. THIS PROCESSS SHOULD NOT INCLUDE RUBBING, SCRUBBING, LONG EXPOSURE TO WATER (DRIES YOUR SKIN OUT). Oh and when you shower, keep your face away from water. Let water touch your skin only at the sink, once a night. Why??? bc water is a ph of 7 which is neutral not acidic. Also tap water has chlorine and salts which are drying and slow down the shedding of dead skin cells. In the morning, don't do anything at allllllllll. washing your face too much causes dry skin which causes that combination skin aka acne! comfortable skin is acne-free. When using the moisturizer, pat it in for not that long so you also let the water in the moisturizer get trapped in the skin to effectively exfoliate your skin. Skin needs water and oil to effectively shed. So your job is to provide a barrier overnigh, once a day, only at night. In a month, your skin will be a lotttttt better. it takes 28 days for skin to renew itself. why do u think acne meds take a while? they are shedding layers of dead skin which a moisturizer does the same thing, but bad dermatologists won't tell u that. Only the good ones will. The secret to clear skin to cleanse once a day and melting oil/water in your skin (moisturizer). have questions? message me.
BTW, you will break out in the beginning bc all of your acne is under tons of layers of dead DRY SKIN. SEEING ACNE THE FIRST TWO WEEKS IS NORMAL. YOUR SKIN IS BRINGING THEM TO THE SURFACE AS WOULD A MEDICATION. A MOISTURIZER WITH OIL AND WATER FUNCTIONS LIKE ACNE MEDICINE, IT EXFOLIATES THE SKIN WHEN LEFT ON. OUR SKIN NEEDS WATER AND OIL TO PROPERLY SHED. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ACNE MEDS AND MOISTURIZER IS YOU WON'T BE TEMPORARILY FIXING THE PROBLEM OR DRYING OUT SKIN!!!!!! WHY DO U THINK PEOPLE WHO USE A SIMPLE CLEANSER AND MOISTURIZER DON'T BREAK OUT? BUT REMEMBER, THE MOISTURIZER YOU USE COUNTS. HAS TO BE WATER AND OIL EMULSION. THAT'S THE KEY. MOISTURIZERS THAT DO NOT ACT LIKE THAT, WILL NOT WORK AND THEN YOU'RE WONDERING WHY YOU HAVE ACNE.. AND TRUST ME THERE ARE A TON OF MOISTURIZERS THAT DON'T EFFECTIVELY MOISTURIZE THUS GIVING YOU ACNE. THAT IS WHY I STATE THE CETAPHIL MOISTURIZING CREAM, THIS ONE WORKS (I KNOW A FEW OTHERS THAT WORK TOO, MESSAGE ME FOR INFO).....
the products mentioned above can be found in any drug store or supermarket and I don't work for the company btw. Those are the only products I like by cetaphil, the other ones haven't been good to me, for other reasons not due to acne. Other water in oil emulsions aka moisturizers can do fine but I just mention this one bc it's correctly ph-balanced and it has oil/water to dissolve that sticky layer that sits on your face. My skin is clear now and it glows every morning.
TIPS ON HOW TO PREVENT ACNE (EXTRA INFO):
- Never dry out your skin. Your skin is naturally acidic in the range of 4.0-5.5. When you use a soap that is alkaline, your acid mantle is stripped aka sebum aka fat that keeps external elements out of your skin and protects against bacteria, harsh winds etc. When you strip your skin it produces extra oil and guess what? YOU BREAK OUT. STOP OVER-CLEANSING!
- Never scrub, tug, or pull. For all you exfoliators out there, stop now. Your skin can easily be exfoliated by applying an oil and water emulsion called a MOISTURIZER. This sheds dead skin cells in an hour, but the trick is the moisturizer needs slight oil without absorbent properties such as minerals like silica or magnesium silicate. When slight oil is left on skin for at least an our, skin cells loosen after an hour. DEAD SKIN CELLS AND OIL CAUSE ACNE NOT OIL ALONE!!!!!!!! DEAD SKIN CELLS GET TRAPPED IN THE PORE WHICH MIXES WITH OIL/sebum. Humans have oil on their skin for a reason! OIL ACTS AS A NATURAL BARRIER AGAINST ACNE, HARSH WINDS, DRYNESS, ETC. BC IT HOLDS ONTO WATER, WHICH PREVENTS TEWL (TRANS-EPIDERMAL WATER LOSS). WHEN YOU KEEP STRIPPING THAT OIL AND DRYING YOUR FACE OUT, MORE OIL WILL BE PRODUCED AND NOW YOU HAVE "OILY SKIN". YOU DON'T HAVE OILY SKIN, YOU ARE STRIPPING YOUR BARRIER. STOP NOW.
- Cleanse face once a day not TWICE!!!!!!! When you wash your face, you are stripping your acidic mantle and your skin will produce more oil and dry dead skin cells to over compensate.
- Cleanse for 30 seconds or a minute max. Be gentle and do not scrub.
- Avoid long contact with water. Even better don't let water touch your face in the shower. Once a night, cleanse face in the sink and that's it. Water dries skin out, causing more dead skin cells,which clog pores. The key is to avoid DRY, DEAD SKIN CELLS. THAT CAUSES ACNE. IT'S NOT OIL, ONCE AGAIN IT'S NOT OIL. GETTING RID OF OIL IS A TEMPORARY FIX THUS CAUSING ACNE. Tap water has chlorine too which is drying and damaging to our barrier. Water is a ph of 7 (neutral). Our skin is acidic. Keep it acidic. Use products in the 4.0-5.5 range. Simple.
- DON'T BE AFRAID OF SWEAT- sweat has NMFS which are natural moisturizing factors. The urea in sweat naturally exfoliates skin while the water hydrates dead skin cells. The cell gaps become filled with water, and are able to exfoliate properly. Remember acne-induced skin is caused by irregular skin shedding. Irregular skin shedding is due to dryness and oily skin (aka combination skin which is bc you aren't balanced). THE REASON FOR COMBO SKIN IS BC YOU ARE NOT BALANCED.
- If your skin is combination or dry it is bc you are using the wrong products. Stop now.
- In order to avoid acne, your skin needs the proper balance of oil and water to effectively shed itself. The purpose of acne meds is to shed dead skin layers, where the acne is hidden. That is why is takes a long time for acne meds to work bc all the dead skin layers need to be shed BUT GUESS WHAT???? A MOISTURIZER WILL DO EXACTLY WHAT ACNE MEDS DO IF IT IS WATER AND OIL BASED. THE OIL LOOSEN THE DEAD SKIN CELLS AND THE WATER IS HELD WITHIN THE SKIN CELLS. A MOISTURIZER THAT DOES THIS IS CETAPHIL MOISTURIZING CREAM. PAT IT AND MELT IT IN YOUR SKIN, IN AN HOUR YOU'LL SEE ACNE EMERGING AND SHOWING UP THAT'S BEEN HIDEN UNDER YOUR SKIN.