Hello every one who may be reading this! I just took my first pill today and I am on my way to hopefully having clear skin! I am hoping that I will be lucky enough to not go through the IB stage, considering I have been taking topical retinoids for the past 5 months (I don't really think that matters, but wishful thinking). I am taking 40mg daily for this first month (all at once, one capsule).
My current skin situation:
- Left Cheek is my problem area. I currently have 5 or 6 current spots, with TONS of red marks from past blemishes. The Dermo said that is my biggest problem, the marks that the pimples leave behind.
- Right cheek also has redness, but not nearly as much. Also have a few small spots that might show up within the next few days
- Chin is not a problem for me at all
- Forehead is never really bad but occasionally get some spots, but they never leave any marks when they go away.
My current skincare routine:
- Clean face with CeraVe facial cleanser
- (Only after I shower) When face is still moist from the shower I will apply Neutrogena Hydro Boost to lock in moisture
- Apply BP spot treatment 10% to any current spots (I will continue to do this up until my skin becomes so dry from the accutane that I cannot handle it)
- Wait until the BP dries then apply Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Moisturizer.
Thats all for Day 1!