So, I have completed a week on 60mg and thankfully, the side effects have not deviated much from when I was on 30mg!
- Lips have become a lot more dry / peely / corners of mouth are cracking but am going cray cray applying aquaphor all day lol
- Hands have become very dry - I have dry skin on hands anyway but this is just making it worse - peely skin
- No new aches or pains
- Toilet problem (previous post) is getting better
- A lot better than the first month but a long way to go yet
- The initial breakout has calmed down - the cysts are all gone (for good I hope)
- Still breaking out every day - small spots on forehead, cheek, chin area and around the jawline but nothing like the first month
- My fiance / sister / best friend have all commented on how my skin looks less aggravated than in the first month so that is very encouraging to hear - hope it stays this way and I am over the worst
- Still a lot of scarring from the pre and current accutane breakouts but I am not overly concerned about that at the moment
Cannot believe it has been 7 weeks already! I'd love to say time has flown but that would be a big fat lie lol.. Have felt each and every day of it because of the nasty initial breakout I had but things can only get better so looking forward to how the next week goes.
Hope my fellow accutaners are doing well and making progress