I'm still on 35mg and I am on month 2. Just today some of the acne from previous breakouts have vanished, but newer and equally-as-painful pimples have erupted in more spots around my chin. What surprises me even more is that the time in between was so short. In other words, after waiting a week for my last breakout to recover I got hit with another set of whiteheads and one cyst looking one that I can see 2 whiteheads coming from. Yep, it's gross and it sucks to look at. It sucks just when I think my acne is about to get better... a breakout occurs. To be honest I kind of expected it after I fell asleep without washing my face the night prior to the flare.
Despite my regretful mistake of not cleaning my face one night, here is my current gentle skin-care routine while on Absorica:
- Shower with warm/hot water twice per day (Use Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanseronce every other day with warm water)
- I apply Vanicream Moisturizer about 2-3 times a day depending on the dryness
- Burt's Bees for my lips (It's been working great! But I know there are also many other options for lips.)
- Waxelene or Jergens Ultra Healing moisturizer on my arms in the morning & night (both work great) - also I've noticed that it's very, very important to keep moisturizing your arms, hands, and any other unexpected dry-skin body parts because rashes and other dry-skin related conditions can occur (knowledge from my experience on the drug).
- I do not shave my face with a razor. I use a buzzer to trim my beard and mustache so that I do not irritate my skin. Remember for sensitive skin: irritation=acne.