Hello fellow acne-sufferers,
My name is Marlissa, I am 23 years old with combination-oily skin (the most awesome skin type out there...NOT). Anyways I have mild/moderate acne which flares up extremely bad during the "time of the month" but sure that's a given. Throughout the rest of the month I am basically recovering from those breakouts (only to prepare for more). Currently, my acne routine is not strict because I am absolutely exhausted of seeing no results! I am on a BC called Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (starting week 2 today) which I am using to control my menstrual cycle and hopefully eliminate the flare ups.
Little bit about my past with acne:
- Started slowly peeking out around my junior year of HS - nothing that made me cake on the make-up if ya know what I mean!
- I have sensitive skin, parts of my face are dry and at times flaky. Other parts are like an oil slick! I go through blotting tissues like it's nobody's business.
- I have tried over-the-counter products (benzyl peroxided & salicylic acid & sulfur) - NO LUCK.
- I have tried pro-activ - NO LUCK
- I went to my dermatologist with only dreadful results. (Can provide my experience with these products later)
My acne has subsided for a little, and now I am left with hyper pigmentation (AWESOMENESS).
I have attached some pictures with what my skin looks like today, such confidence builder right?