Apologies, normally I update this on a Friday - little late this week...
But I have successfully completed week 3 of my course, one week on 40mg and the side effects are definitely there:
- I don't even have to re=powder my make-up, there is literally NO oil on my face. No flaking (yet) as I have read from other peoples experiences and no redness either (I'm sure I have all of that to look forward to!).
- There has been an explosion of black heads around my t-zone area and my nose. I really want to take a tweezer to the f**kers but I know that wouldn't be a good idea, so am reluctantly refraining.
- I've had a couple of new spots, but nothing abnormal to the norm. Apart from this one large cysty on on my t-zone, it's not painful but it just feels really juicy and I don't think it's going away any time soon It's not whiteheading like the others.
- My lips are SO DRY. Really, it's lipbalm every 10 mins no joke...
- No dry skin in any other areas, hands and arms are fine. No back pain or join pain either. Muscles also fine, even after the gym.
I think I'm going to change my skin care range, the la roche is too expensive and I go through it so quickly. The simple moisturiser could be stronger. So I'm switching to Body Shop's Vitamin E range, that has an intense day cream. Let's hope for the best.
Have another 3 weeks to go before seeing my derm again to see if she ups my dosage. I'm not sure how it works really, but if I do hit 60mg I'm not sure I'm looking forward the side effects. I'm pretty sure that they won't be so lenient on me....!
Let's see what week 4 holds....
Ta Ta for now