I purchased a new bottle of 25% TCA from www.skinobsession.com about a month ago and applied four coats to my face this evening at around 9:35 p.m.
Before I applied the first coat, I washed my face with soap and water and then used a cotton ball soaked in alcohol to remove any soapy residue, dirt, or oil from my face.
Then, I put on a shower cap to keep my hair from falling into my face and then put on a pair of rubber gloves to protect my hands and a pair of swimming goggles to protect my eyes.
I put the acid into a small dish and soaked a cotton pad in the acid and applied the first coat. Within 30 seconds to a minute, the burn began. I applied two more coats and then took some photos.
My face turned completely white. I let the acid sit on my face for about 15 minutes before I took off the goggles and used a cotton swab to apply a fourth coat around my eyes and on my cheeks. It's much easier to control the flow of the acid with a small cotton swab, but it takes longer to apply.
Then, I used a small personal fan that I purchased at Walmart to cool my face for about 15 minutes. The acid really hurt!
Finally, I applied Aquaphor all over my face and now it's time for bed and time for the acid to work its way into my dermis and start the peeling process over the next few days.