Today concludes my first month on isotretinoin.
I took amnesteem 20 mg twice a day (40 mg per day).
My derm doubled the dosage. Now I will do 40 mg twice a day ( 80 mg per day)
So far these have been my side effects. Some may or may not be caused by the drug.
So, in ONE MONTH:
- two or three headaches that have disappeared within minutes of taking ibuprofen (never take Tylenol).
- going from super oily skin, to dryer skin which was nice and different. To now, really dry skin but so far very manageable and minimally flaky.
- slightly dryer lips. For instance last time I used chap stick was probably 5 hours ago and my lips aren't chapped.
- uncomfortable eyes. My eyes have been bothersome. They get dry and red-ish. And just overall uncomfortable. This has been the only persistent thing.
- lately I have experienced pain in what I describe as my hip/ right pelvis area. It is barely noticeable for the most part and it comes from time to time.
- my blood work shows slightly elevated ALT. so we'll be watching that closely.
- my hair has become dryer and because of me perming it also very very brittle.
Second month and higher dose... HERE WE GO!!!!!