Hey guys so i just took my 14th 40mg dose of Isotretinoin
Recap of symptons thus far:
- Drier skin in first week but it definetly calmed down because the flaking isn't nearly as bad but that could be because of 2 things:
1. Switching lotions (Simple light moisturizer to Simple 12 hour moisturizer)
2. Starting taking vitamin E (not recommending it to anyone because i have no clue what effects it could have on anyone else)
- I wear contacts so my eyes were really dry in week one and it actually made me very nervous i would have to wear my glasses all the time but now they're fine and only a tad dry a night
- No signs of sadness or depression, if anything im sleep better knowing im on accutane. Gives me a much better peace of mind knowing im doing something for my acne that many people have had great success with.
- My skin is different and by that i mean DO NOT PICK YOUR ACNE OR SCABS!!! Now when i pop a pimple or pick a scab or squeeze out a pimple it leaves more redness before and deeper scabs and the redness stays like twice as long as normal!!! I guess just like warnings ive read and disregarded, your skin becomes much more sensitive and prone to scaring. I REPEAT DO NOT PICK! I've learned my lesson.. or have I :/
So at first my skin was healing and pimple sizes were gonig down it felt like but then in the past 4 days or so I starting breaking out
- Two on each side of my cheeks, a few small white heads near my jaw, a few that came and went near my eyebrows, and one growing right now right in the middle of my chin lol
So some for most of you this seems like my IB, but I did some really dumb things this week that always affect my acne, but to be honest they usually break me out even more than this making me believe that the accutane is starting to '"change" my acne. Well here they are:
1. For reason DUMB reason this past week i was sooo stressed from school and this girl i like that I started smoking cigarettes but i stopped today and im done for good!
2. Barely slept I get like 4-6 hours a sleep 5 out of the 7 days because of hw, work, school, waking up early ect.
3. Used the suana at my gym once.... horrible idea it always breaks me out so dont ask im just retarded
4. Got lazy with my diet, started eating more caffeteria food, a lot of pasta, and sushi
5. Was out till 5 am on weds at a show in NYC
6. Switched to a heavy moisturizer from a light one that is hypoallergenic but it is not oil-free and i had used it previously and kinda thought it started to make me break out so i stopped it but since i like that Simple has not crazy stuff in it i swtiched back cause my flaking was getting kinda bad.
Let me hear some of your guys opinions on anything i wrote. Please leave some feedback ill greatly appreciate and its always better to hear from people who are going or have experienced what you have!