Month 3-8 Summary
Dosage: From 40mg - 70mg a day, 60mg/80mg daily alternating.
Weight: 79kg, did hit 80kg for a couple of months but back down to 79kg as of now.
Cumulative dosage: 12000, at least 150mg/kg. Up from my initial prediction of 9600 for 120mg/kg.
Months left: <1, should be done in a couple of weeks.
Other: Self upped my dosage to 60mg due to lack of side effects. My derm had floated the idea early on but never really went to up my dose. I asked her about it and she said I would probably hate the increased side effects, my blood work was coming back okay and I wanted to finish faster so upped it myself to see how I coped and haven't looked back.
Borderline clear fo the last couple of months, last real pimple was about three weeks ago but I had been getting small codones around once a week prior to that. In the last three weeks I've had one small one in my eyebrow (during my course I've had an increased number in this area) and a couple of clogged pores on my forehead. They were tiny though. So 90% clear for the last couple of months maybe even 95% over the last couple weeks.
- Dry Lips
- Slightly dry facial skin, increased with dosage increase (corners of my mouth are wheres its worse, especially after eating and wiping my mouth)
- Dry skin rashes on hands/arms if I don't moisturize
- Multiple nose bleeds
- Red Face, mostly on cheeks and nose (Still the worse side effect thus far)
- Slightly moody
- Blush much easier
- Somewhat lethargic, never feel as if I've had enough sleep, gotten into the bad habit of taking a nap before dinner.
- I seem to lose my train of thought a lot easier, I'll go to get something then forget what I wanted and have to retrace my thought process.
- More achy after exercising.
Expected Side Effects Haven't Occured:
- Dry eyes
- All the severe ones
- Wash with cetaphil
- Pat dry
- Moisturize red area with aveeno redness relief
- Mix acne.org moisturizer and aveeno redness relief and apply to rest of face
- Day only and recently: Apply Eucerin Redness relief on red areas.
- Paw Paw ointment on lips at night or Burts Bees during the day. Pawpaw leaves a residue.
I don't wait very long after drying to apply moisturizer but I try to let the moisturizer dry before applying the Eucerin, at least 15 minutes if I can.
[*]Time has kind of flown, feels like yesterday I was seriously torn about taking this drug, even with the increases from how much I thought I'd be taking
[*]Redness has been the worse side effect and some days I thought it was worse then the acne, it wasnt, really hoping that once I stop it goes away fast, would hate it if I got some kind of Accutane induced rosacea. I personally think my redness increase when I increased my dosage and lessens/worsens depending upon my sleep quality.
[*]I'm scared of finishing because though I've reached cumulative dose of 150mg/kg I'm not 100% clear like my derm wanted. Excited too cause I'm sick of redface and feel like I've been on this drug for ages. If I have some kind of breakout before I finish I may contemplate doing another month. I also didn't talk about what I'll do after accutane with my derm and by the time I finish she'll probably be on maternity leave.
[*]If it wasn't for redness I'd just moisturize in the morning and apply chapstick during the day and you wouldn't be able to tell I'm on accutane
- Dry eyes