This is the first time I am tracking my Accutane progress. Hopefully I can keep up with it! A little about me for starters:
- Female, 24 years old, 105lbs/48kilos
- Taking 40mg daily
- Skin is oily oily oily! But sensitive and flaky at the same time
- Had acne since I was 11 (very early... I remember this because I was already very self conscious about it and people started commenting on my skin)
- Tried all sorts of topicals, antibiotics, BC pills, chemical/microdermabrasion peels, vitamins, diet changes over all these years. Too many things to name.
- Been on Accutane 3 times already. Shortest was 2 months (pointless?), longest was 4 or 5 months. This will be the 4th time taking it
My acne has ranged from mild to full blown severe (which resulted in me starting accutane my first time). This also resulted in most of the shallow scars I have on my face. That was the worst my acne has ever been.
I've been on birth control pills ever since I started my first accutane course years ago. However, this will be the first time I'm taking accutane without being on birth control pills.. Which also makes me come to believe that the acne I have now is a result of me coming off birth control pills? Perhaps!
Since finishing my FIRST accutane treatment, my acne hasn't come nearly as bad. However, it seems to come back within a year each time I finish a course. It's very VERY persistent. I am completely at a loss!
I am getting married in less than 8 months and I would love to have clear skin.. I pray that this time will be the last time. I just hate having to do this to my body, but nothing else seems to help. Oh, and I failed to mention that the acne also decided to make home on my chest and back this time around.
PS...! I almost forgot.. This is DAY 3 today; so far it's like this:
Not much to report since it's still so early in the course. But I'm noticing more pimples around my mouth, and they are a bit painful. There are also a couple on my neck.
Skin is still oily. Lips aren't dry or chapped yet. However, I always apply chapstick because I'm addicted lol
I bought Aquaphor today just because I heard good things about it, but I haven't used it yet.
My chest is all bumpy with plugs and a couple pimples. Not too bad. I have a bunch of big ones on my back. I'm not too worried about my chest and back because I know they will clear with time. And I can always throw a sweater on. Out of sight, out of mind! It's my face I'm more concerned about.
Please let me know if you have any comments or questions! Help me on my FINAL (I hope ) journey.
I've attached some photos to give an idea of the general state of my skin on DAY 1.
Don't mind the ears.. just had some surgery on them a week ago.