Finals are now done, and overall my skin is doing better. It freaked out a bit during finals but with more sleep and getting back into exercise I am feeling better about myself.
My routine still consists of water-only. I shower usually once a day and will rinse at the end of my shower (one or two splashes max and then pat dry). I've also stopped using a washcloth as a means of washing or wet exfoliation, but now use it a few times a week or as needed to dry-brush/exfoliate the skin. I will do this before showering or when doing to bed so that my skin has more oil on it to help with the exfoliation process (it does work post-shower but it's harder to exfoliate in my experience). I just rub the cloth over my skin for a few minutes where needed until I no longer see flakes. I have some scabbing on my one cheek though so that cheek is a bit flaky still and will just need some more time, but overall this is helping my skin tremendously. I still don't use any products other than makeup remover for my eyes and lip balm, but I do think that I'm going to include a lotion for my eyes to use on days that I've worn makeup so that I can ensure that my skin doesn't become dehydrated there. But otherwise still loving my simple routine!
So overall updates:
1) Red marks keep fading, and I think exfoliating helps.
2) scabbing on left cheek from picking at my skin I was quite stressed during finals, hopefully this won't happen again! But it's clearing up and getting better so it doesn't actually look THAT bad. Especially compared to even just a few days ago.
3) Minimal to no clogging overall. Quite nice
4) My scarring seems more filled out, but definitely still there.
5) Minimal dehydration, exfoliating is really helping with this
6) Almost no flaking, again because of exfoliating. I don't know that I'll need to do it as often in the summer since our summers aren't THAT dry, but in the winter it's a combination of harsh cold air and dry heating inside, so... yay!
7) I have one little zit-like whitehead on my chin. That's about it for anything actually active.
Also as a side-note, I was water-only for my hair for a good while now but I've decided to stop that. It's been a few weeks or less and I'm still trying to figure it out, but I basically am doing cowashing (conditioner in place of shampoo, used in the same basic way but more massaging). I found that I really can't do it often because my scalp really doesn't seem to be dirty - probably as a result of being water-only for so long, my scalp doesn't get really oily anymore once initial build-up is removed. in between cowashes I will still be water-only. So I will probably wash once or twice a month max, brush once a week or less, and condition with a separate conditioner only after cowashes. No shampoo either. I haven't quite figured out which conditioner to use as a cowash but I think I'm going to just use my old pricier one and water it down to a 1:1 ratio of conditioner to water, since I know that that one works well on my hair when I don't over-use it. Not skin related but thought I'd throw that in there!