Just to recap, I've pretty well been clear of inflamed/active acne since.. I guess 2011? At that point I'd still regularly get a few zits, and near the end of that year and into 2012 is when those periodic breakouts grew further and further apart until they no longer concerned me (a zit, maybe two, occurring maybe once a month or less). But during this time I still had issues with some flesh bumps/clogged pores, mostly on my forehead but also on my chin and a bit on my cheeks. My marks were also still quite prominent, although fading pretty well over time. I also was still dealing with some oiliness on my forehead and nostrils, a bit on my chin, but overall the oiliness was much less than when I was using products. I was also still having problems with dehydrated and flaking skin, especially on my cheeks and forehead (an issue which I'm sure exacerbated the flesh bumps and redness of my acne marks).
Now onto my progress....
1) Overall my oiliness seems to be toned down lately. This could be attributed to the cooler weather though. But even in situations where I'd normally be oilier I don't have as much of an issue.
2) My marks are still there but definitely are lighter Scarring is still noticeable on my cheeks but not significantly so - I'd say the enlarged/scarred pores are more noticeable than the larger scarring now.
3) My skin doesn't seem to get flaky anymore, but I do rub my face with my dry(clean) hands when I feel the need. Which might be once a week or less usually. Ever since the 2nd time or so of doing this I've had barely any flakes or dead skin roll off on my fingers. The only reason I've been doing this still is because after a while my face starts to feel a bit rough on my cheeks, so I don't know if this will be something I'll have to keep doing or if after a few months I can just stop doing it because I won't NEED to. Either way it doesn't bother me to do it other than being a bit red from it.
4) My clogs are barely an issue now. They are still there a bit, but wow... It's incredible how much it has improved! Especially on my chin, which was full of under-the-skin ones, now it's almost clear. My forehead still has some minor bumpies that I can see in the light but I can only feel a few sometimes. So I dunno how that area will play out. Overall I'm happy with the state of my skin in relation to clogs!
5) I don't think I've really had any new zits since my last update, or if I have they were too small for me to remember them. It's mostly been dealing with clogs and redness and scars and such.
So I don't love my skin but I'm pretty happy with it. Still not washing, still just keeping to my same schedule. I wonder if getting better sleep would help, but you know.. University! I will try to get back on track with school work in a way that allows me to have actual decent sleep while not failing everything (I am doing great in 3 of the courses I've had midterms for - all As or A+ - but one that I've done a midterm for I am sitting at around a C and the other class I have my first midterm for on Wednesday!). I think that sleeping better would resolve the last of my forehead issues as well, but that's all just speculation.
Anyways, I was happy to take a break from updating, especially as it kept me focused on school. And btw, my cat is doing a bit better with his antibiotics now, but of course that's just a temporary solution and he will at some point die I have accepted this and am just grateful for the years we've had him
AS FOR PICTURES, I will try and get some eventually but honestly it's not a priority for me! Maybe when I am done the semester I will post pictures? And at that time I'm sure my skin will look even better and I will be happier with my skin and be glad to share pictures.
And why not mention it, I am still working out 4-5 days a week (trying to up it to 6). This hasn't negatively impacted my skin at all, I don't think it's helped it though either. It's neutral for me. (as a side note, I've been able to lose more weight lately, AND I am packing on some great muscle! Weight has always been as much an issue as skin for me so it's definitely something that I am super excited about )