Last Tuesday [23 May 2012] my acne was pretty bad, not the worst it gets but bad, so i decided to give something topical a chance for once.
I have been "washing" my face with oil for the last week ie: "Oil Cleansing" etc.
In the mornings and through out day i am just washing face with water but after shower/bath i am gently rubbing extra virgin olive oil into my face [LMAO], then putting a hot flannel on my face, then gently rubbing excess oil off.
Observations so far. [+ considerations]
- May have made acne slightly worse - definitely some larger type ones on forehead and in t-zone between eyebrows.
- Not so bad considering my face is now an oil slick until it absorbs, which takes hours rather than minutes.
- Diet hasn't been great since starting - some chocolate last tues/weds and some Ben and Jerries.
- Acne is bad at moment but was bad before i started so could just be a continuation - impossible to blame oil cleansing out right.
- Unless gets much worse may have to question logic of raping face with soap,
- Has been very sunny and skin is usually better.
- Been doing some painting and gardening with some nasty stuff so maybe that is a factor - fumes, chemicals etc.