I haven't update this for a long time since my last entry. I am finally one month into my journey on Accutane, it has been a long month but I just came back from my derm's appt, so here we go, on my second month of my Journey. I am continue on 40mg twice a day, she said as long as i can handle the side effects she will continue to put me on 40mg twice per day (so thats 80mg per day). she said from her experiences, her patient that starts with higer dosage has better results and acne won't come back again!! I prayer for that too
Here are some tips that I think it really helps: (most of the products are budget friendly )
1. still very dry but it's manageable, I spend about 15 mins every other day using hydrated mask (Avene mask for sensitive skin) on my skin to ease the dryness and I found that very helpful.
2. I have joint pains here and there, but I practice yoga so my derm said it might be yoga that will give me more joint pain ( she does recommend doing yoga, but just not too hard or too much)
3. my dry itchy scalp went away, but my hair still very dry...so i also goes to the salon and do hydartion mask on my hair, it really helps as well. It can ge expensive but I feel like money is well spent.
4. I drink about a gallon of water everyday (sucks cuz i have to run to bathroom all the time), but water makes me calm and also hydration.
5. I use johnson johnson baby oil on my body after shower every night to moisture my body
6. I also use Avene Thermal Spring water to spry on my face during the day and whenever is necessary
I hope this helps for all of you who are in the same situation as I am, and I am sure one day we will be all Acne-Free!!