Hey there people!
Just wanted to fill everyone in on my first real day (yesterday) of TRYING to be "holistic". I know it's going to take time to truly incorporate my mind, body, spirituality, and emotions (hard one to tackle..). Here's what I did yesterday:
- Woke up @ around 8:00 am. I want to start waking up nice and early so that I get the most out of days. I'm going back to school in a week, that's when I'll start that. It just feels so good to sleep in...
- Washed my face like this: Squeezed some raw honey in my hand, washed face, washed off with water. Patted dry with clean towel. I didn't use the TTO (tea tree oil) because I hadn't bought it yet.
- Ate an orange and a crapload of walnuts (too many, I think...like, 1/2 cup...) while sitting outside sunbathing for about 30 minutes.
- For lunch, I had a hummus/goat cheese salad left over from the day before. It was soggy. It made me want to gag. I loved it the first day...NOT the second day.
- Didn't go for a run, but I did crunches and lunges for a little workout. It wasn't enough. Today, I'll run about 3 miles.
- I took a Flax Seed + DHA supplement for my Omega 3's, baby.
- For dinner, I had vegetarian baked beans (not the best choice...eh, I was so hungry at that point. I had a cup and a half of that.) Then I had another orange.
- After talking to my boyfriend on skype, I cleaned my teeth, then washed my face with water and a washcloth to get the makeup pretty much off. Then, I used honey to wash my face again. Then I put tea tree oil on my scars and existing zits. I love the smell of TTO even though a lot of people say it's too strong.
How my face looks/feels: My skin on my face feels SO soft. It's lovely. I put up a picture of what I'm workin' with in my gallery. It's the latest picture. The previous two are before I went vegetarian. This morning, my skin felt great, there weren't any new zits, and my scars seemed faded. Wow. Not what I expected, but it WAS what I wanted. haha...it's liberating!
So that's how it went. Not too bad. I need to work on a couple things:
- I need to eat more veggies on a regular basis. I eat a lot of fruit, but veggies are where it's at.
- I need calcium!!
- I need to make sure to do some meditating of some type. I did play my piano for a little bit which really helps and feels like therapy to me. aaahhh....
I must say that even if this doesn't help my acne, I feel so much more at ease. And happy.
Have a lovely day!
If you have any questions, please ask! If you have any comments or suggestions for me, do tell!