Ok, so unfortunately I started this year off badly with my acne. My acne is officially at its absolute worst. I've never seen it this bad. I don't really know why it's been as bad as its been but I have an idea. In the past month, I've been changing my regimen frequently. It first started with me running out of my organic ACV and having to use a generic store one. I've had it for about a year in my cupboard and started using it. I noticed that my acne wasn't getting any better, so I blamed it on that crap ACV and also on my moisturizer. I feel like the moisturizer I've been using isn't strong enough and I need one that works better. I ended up buying the Neutrogena healthy skin lotion which has alpha hydroxy and vitamins. I thought it would be great because alpha hydroxy is a chemical in ACV.
Boy was I wrong. That lotion made my face really bad. It irritated the crap out of it. My face was very dry and super ITCHY! I wanted to use it for at least 4 weeks, but gave up after 1. I couldn't take it anymore! Perhaps the lotion was killing all my old skin and "purging" it but still I couldn't stand it. I since have stopped with ACV and that lotion altogether. Doing this made me realize that the more chemicals I put on my face the worse it gets. Looking back my acne has only gotten worse the more "care" I put into it. 3 years ago when I was hardly paying attention to it, it was CLEAR! I want to slowly start to go back to that. So now I will try what I like to call my "less is more" regimen.
This regimen will consist of using:
1. Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - I will cut what I use in half, so about half a pump
2. Aloe Vera on spots that are really dry, which currently is my cheeks, chin, and neck. This is a step I might skip from time to time.
3. Neutrogena On the Spot on pimples that are very inflamed or growing. This step I might skip as well.
4. Up and Up facial moisturizer on acne areas that are very dry. I will use this especially if I just applied BP cream.
5. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation and Neutrogena Concealer under eyes.
I know I shouldn't be applying foundation, but I can't help it! My face looks AWFUL!
1. Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser
2. Neutrogena On the Spot on acne areas only. I will not place this all over my face.
3. Up and Up facial moisturizer with drops of jojoba oil. I'm debating about adding this to my whole face or just acne prone areas. I may just do acne prone just to experiment
I just recently bought jojoba oil and am excited to try it out. I really, really hope it doesn't make my situation worse. I will only apply a little and then maybe increase it a bit once my skin adjusts.
I will also stop applying cleanser/body wash to my back and chest area because these suffer from acne as well. Especially my back.
I'm excited to see how far this regimen takes me. I can't imagine it making it worse, but perhaps in the meantime it might seeing that my face is used to a lot of BP cream application and it probably got used to alpha hydroxy from the ACV.
I will stick with this for 4 weeks! It starts now! I hope in a month's time my face will look a lot better! I also hope the same for my back. Only time will tell. I've read mixed reviews about jojoba oil, so if in 2 weeks it makes my face worse, I'm quitting it. I will only be applying 2 drops of it at night. I don't think this should make my face too bad. Here's hoping!