One month ago, on September 26, I gave up all dairy in an effort to reduce the oil production on my nose. I said I would post a progress report when the month was up, so here it is. Technically I'm a day late with this post but I was busy all day and couldn't get around to it until right now at 4:00am.
Sad to say that I have seen no perceivable difference in the sebum output on my nose since instituting this diet change. I haven't seen a noticeable reduction in acne either. In fact, roughly a week after dropping the dairy, my nose experienced a long string of consecutive breakouts and abnormally clogged pores like I hadn't seen in months. I'm not saying it was definitely the result of cutting out dairy. To be fair there were a couple of small regimen changes I made around the same time, so it's hard to pinpoint the exact cause. Though it did make me wonder if the breakouts were triggered by a lack of vitamin D, which wasn't a problem when I used to drink profuse amounts of milk. I just started popping vitamin D supplements to take care of that.
Anyway, I'm going to keep up the no dairy thing for a few more months before I make any conclusions.