My name is Valerie, and I am 16 years old. At age 14, my skin started to break out very slightly. I ran to the dermatologist, and he put me on BenzaClin and Amoxicillion (an antibiotic). My skin was virtually flawless for 2 years. When I turned 16, my acne came back full force. Now my cheeks and chin are covered in unsightly pimples. I spent my entire summer trying products from the skin care aisle at Wal-Mart. Absolutely nothing worked. I decided that my problem must be a vitamin deficiency, so I bought a multivitamin. After about a month, I was confused because my skin was so terrible. I checked online for a link between acne and multivitamins, and sure enough, the multivitamin, which contained 150 mg of Iodine, was the culprit. So, my skin is left a mess from the dumb multivitamin, and I am feeling absolutely terrible and unconfident. I am going to take some of Dan's advice and apply it to myself. School starts in 10 days, and I have to clear up my skin at least somewhat by then. Here is what I am going to do:
1) STOP TAKING THE MULTIVITAMIN! I just found out this morning about the whole Iodine situation.
2) Use a gentle cleanser that is soap-free.
3) Use Epiduo twice daily, which is 2.5% BP.
4) Apply Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer, which contains jojoba oil and aloe vera.
5) Keep taking Amoxicillin twice daily.
6) Continue my healthy diet.
7) Continue to exercise.
8) Try to enjoy life despite my acne!
I cannot imagine going back to school looking like this. I would do just about anything for clear skin.
Current skin condition:
Right cheek/nose area is completely broken out. My worst side.
Chin is disgusting. Weird clear bubble things are forming. 3-4 zits on chin.
Left cheek/nose area has several red zits.
Forehead is mostly clear except for 2-3 small, flesh-colored zits.