Here are a few words to describe my skin right know: red, itchy, dry, sore, pimply and fucking terrible. (sorry but it is)
Woke up this morning and it looks like the initial breakout has finally hit me. And man, did it hit me hard! I woke up with about 6 new, angry pimples. Grr, gross. Oh well at least I know it's working.
I'm upset because I have a big event this weekend and the weekend after. Hopefully they will calm down. D:
Anyway enough crying on my behalf. It's a great day outside. I think I'll take my puppy for a walk.
I've not noticed many changes. That's why I haven't posted. My lips are dry and my pimples seem to be drying out quicker. Which is a promising sign.
I've been really sad lately for no reason at all. Maybe it's the tablets. Not sure I'll keep tabs on it. Hopefully it gets better.
Anyway, ill post again soon. I have my next appointment in 2 weeks.
Here I am on day 5. Nothing new to report. I didn't think there would be much to say yet regardless.
Except I have been getting the worst headaches, i have just been trying to drink heaps of water. Doesn't seem to be working, but I hate taking painkillers. I'll see how it goes I guess?
I was thinking I might just share my skin are routine.
I am religiously moisturising my skin to try to prevent the dryness onset. So far so good, but as I said only on day 5.
In the mornings I :
- wash my face with cetaphyl twice, massaging it in little circles. Its not a drying wash and is pH balanced so washing it twice isn't a problem.
- moisturise my face with Cetaphyl 'DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion'. This is great, my skin really soaks it in!
- then follow my usual make up steps if in going out, if not I'll leave my skin to breathe!
At night I :
- shower and wash my body with Alpha Keri 'Dry Skin Care, Wash', this lathers slightly, but not much , which I like.
- wash my face twice with Cetaphyl, once to remove the make up, the second time to wash the skin.
- moisturise my body with Alpha Keri ' Intensive, Rich Cream' this will stop the dry patches on my body hopefully.
- then I put on a lot of my Cetaphyl Ultra Hydrating Lotion.
I'm not using a spot treatment at the moment because I want to see if the accutane is working.
Also I'm applying lip balm like a crazy person, I'm heading towards 'blistex' as its always done me proud!
That is it so far. Feel free to comment if your going through the same stage as me or just starting.
Remember we're all in this together.
This is my first blog. I thought I might put it to a good cause and help the other people who are looking to take the drug Accutane or just wondering what the other people are going through.
So, I'll start from the start shall I?
I was about 12 when my pimples started. They weren't too bad, but progressively worsened. Im 19 now and I'm basically just sick of them!
I wouldn't say I'm a person with terrible acne just a mild case. I went to my dermatologist and she's put me on Accutane to clear them up. She said that after the course my skin will be 'perfect' sooo excited! Haha
Anyway, I'm on day 2 and I haven't noticed any of the side effects. Although prevention is better than a cure so I'm going down to my chemist to stock up on all thing moisturising.
I have decided going to stick with he cetaphil range as I have sensitive skin and it had always been good on my skin. I am also looking into getting a moisturising body wash.
I'll post again in a couple days. It's supposed to get worse before it gets better, so, wish me luck.