So it's been a few days since my last entry, I'm back to school and i've been kind of busy. I can't believe I'm on day 22 already.. So, I want to make a list of the positive and negative side effects so far starting with the positive lol
1) Less oil. That layer of oil I had every morning on face after I wake up is gone
2) Less of those annoyingly painful cysts I get on my chin and jaw line during certain times in the month
3) overall, less breakouts
1) infrequent tingling sensation after the first few days, but that's gone
2) some backache but I don't believe that's completely related to the medicine. I was carrying a heavy bag on my shoulder and I guess that contributed to the back pain.
3) my gums bleed very easily when I brush my teeth. I mean I have some gum problems but this is ridiculous lol.. I don't remember reading about that when I was doing my research.
4) I have one giant pimple on my nose right now & a smaller cystic one that's resolving on my jaw line. I expect those around this time of month and of course, they did not disappoint :/ I have 3 or four minor ones on the side of face.
5) still breaking out on my back when I exercise and sweat
6) Oh yes and how can I forget the DRYNESS and chapped lips lol.. they weren't kidding about the chapped lips.. I keep moisturizing them but I got blisters on the corners of my mouth and they're killing me so please remember to moisturize the corners for your mouth too. I hope they're not infected or something, I am using blistex.. hopefully they heal..
7) increased thirst
I know it takes some patience and living with acne for 7 years of my life has certainly taught me that.. but I am just a little discouraged.. I haven't been getting much love on this website either so please drop a comment.. I'd love to hear your experience and suggestions.
OKkk then.. the dryness has OFFICIALLY set in.. I just felt like it happened suddenly lol.. lips are starting to dry.. face is a bit flaky.. def laying off the morning wash routine and getting a more water based lotion. There is an increase in thirst and still feeling those occasional "tingly" sensations in my muscles.. has anyone experienced that? I've been having trouble falling asleep but maybe because I kind of screwed up my sleep schedule staying up late over the break.. back to school on Monday or as I call it HELL part II lol..
wow.. I can't believe it's been a week already! Ok, I still have not experienced the drying effect of lips and face.. I woke up this morning with the usual layer of oil.. Is it bad that I am washing my face twice a day? is that too much do you think?? earlier this week, I had breakout in my most problematic area, my chin but I swear I feel like they disappeared faster than usual.. The redness/hyper-pigmentation and scarring are still there.. didn't feel that weird tingling sensation in my muscles yesterday.. I'm staying optimistic..
When I started this morning, my face was nearly clear except for a few pimples and the horrible redness and scarring left by old pimples.. I haven't noticed any changes yet in terms of dryness of my skin or lips.. I woke up with the usual layer of oil on my nose.. I went out tonight so I kind of piled on the makeup and there was some dancing involved.. I realize now that I really have to take it easy on my skin because I could feel the breakouts under my skin now :/...
I have been feeling this weird pinprick pain in my right thigh muscle today.. it's a fleeting pain which lasts seconds.. I don't know.. maybe I strained the muscle or something.
Hmm other than that.. not much to note.. It wasn't a very eventful New Year's eve for me .. but I did spend most of the day and part of the night with my best girlfriend and we had some fun.. Thank God for good friends..
After 8 years of dealing with my moderate and very persistent acne.. after years of tears, frustration, and embarrassment and months of hesitation and research, I have finally made the decision to go on accutane. I will not even mention the annoying process of finding the right doctor & getting this medication prescribed.. but finally.. I will start the new year with a new hope that I will once and for all beat this disease and have the beautiful clear and healthy skin I deserve (God's will).. The dose is 20 mg once a day..
I need some support as well as any advice or recommendations on good makeup and lotions, chap-sticks, supplements that will help.. my doctor advised me to lay off the makeup and my answer was "NO WAY".. I work and I go to school everyday.. that would be social suicide. The foundation I use is Almay clear complexion 120 ivory & it's supposed to be oil free. I am using Olay (original) as a primer and Burt's Bees LIP Balm. I wash my makeup off with Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin and once in the morning with baby shampoo. I've been told that that will be too much for my sensitive skin with the medication. If anyone has better suggestions on makeup and skincare products I can use while on accutane, I would really appreciate it.
I will continue to note my progression with Accutane.. I am on my second day That book makes it sound like you will die after taking your first pill lool.. Wish me luck guys..